Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2020, 19:52   #181
BHPian

Re: Working from home? Show us your home office

Here is my simple set up, office for last one week.

Working from home? Show us your home office-img_20200325_194630.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 27th April 2020 at 19:33. Reason: Spacing, dots, picture inserted in-line.
Rodie09 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th March 2020, 23:27   #182
Senior - BHPian

My work from home setup is quite simple - I like a clean desk.

I sometimes use the 55 inch OLED in the second picture to analyze large spreadsheets.
Working from home? Show us your home office-whatsapp-image-20200325-6.54.40-pm.jpeg

Working from home? Show us your home office-whatsapp-image-20200325-6.54.40-pm-1.jpeg
S_U_N is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th March 2020, 11:25   #183

Having kids around, recently I made this set up in my study room, partially by the carpenter and partially I made it along with my son.

Working from home? Show us your home office-1.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 27th April 2020 at 19:33. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
iwanderer is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th March 2020, 20:25   #184

My very basic Work From Home setup.

Working from home? Show us your home office-wfh.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 27th April 2020 at 19:34. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
dennisjs is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 08:15   #185
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Coronavirus, have been working from home for a more than a couple of weeks now, and its expected to continue till May
This is my "Work" station. The partially visible monitor on the left and the tower below are my home desktop.

Working from home? Show us your home office-img_5303.jpg
tsk1979 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 18:50   #186

I stay in a studio in Dubai.
So the privilege of a separate office set up is out of question I use my dining table.
The view makes up for everything else.

Working from home? Show us your home office-20200327_164936.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 27th April 2020 at 19:34. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
AnishD is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 01:55   #187
BHPian

Here’s my Home office desk made besides my wardrobe in the bed room.

Desk, printer, laptop, TV (as secondary monitor), my phones as WiFi hotspots.

Working from home? Show us your home office-fe67726f403a4119a63b3ad0da8c9f88.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 27th April 2020 at 19:35. Reason: Updates. EDIT: Grammar, pciture inserted in-line.
Jimmy_u is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 14:46   #188
BHPian

I am someone who’s never ever worked from home in my entire career (owing to the nature of my job) until the Corona situation forced me to come up with a makeshift office at home. So, it’s as simple as it gets. The window on the left has a view of the garden that is normally full of birds.

Working from home? Show us your home office-f156ff9cf36d4675825386dff3db4747.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 27th April 2020 at 19:35. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
Kontoo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 03:54   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshays View Post
Goodness me ! Do all of you really practice clean desk policy at home as well ? And, why are multiple laptops kept open at the same time, is this for the photo shoot ? 😂
No, personally it is hard for me to practice clean desk policy. My desk is looking clean because it was set up just the previous evening bringing my Workstation from Office. I cannot guarantee the same cleanliness after a week or two . If somebody starts a thread about posting WFH pictures by the end of the lock-down, I will not be doing so.
Old 30th March 2020, 14:22   #190
Senior - BHPian

This is my work station. Am running a network printer which is kept at a different location.

Working from home? Show us your home office-img_20200330_141540.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 27th April 2020 at 19:36. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
maxbhp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 14:51   #191
BHPian

My WFH happens on my phone hence no fancy workplace.

I am a Healthcare Professional and WFH 5 days a week since 20 March. All consults are now tele-consults unless its an emergency, hence no fancy workstation picture.
2 days a week are spent in the hospital tending to emergencies.

Question for the people with the multi monitors - vertical, horizontal, how does it help. How are things split between the 2 - any dedicated software for that ?
slicvic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 19:20   #192
Team-BHP Support

Considering that the work-from-home arrangement may last for a while, went and got a small work table this evening. Hours at dining table or couch is no fun!

Working from home? Show us your home office-study-table.jpg
vb-saan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 12:26   #193
BHPian

Wow. Some amazing home office setups on this thread with nice usage of space as well.

I did not do work from home on regular basis (prior to lockdown) except an occasional call or some work for couple of hours and hence my laptop and any free table / bed / sofa served my needs. However now that we are in a lockdown need to set up some dedicated space. For now am still managing with a table which is cluttered with paper and files and stuff (which reminds me that I have to get around to cleaning it so that I can post a picture here).

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Question for the people with the multi monitors - vertical, horizontal, how does it help. How are things split between the 2 - any dedicated software for that ?
I work in the IT field and this is from my experience. While writing code many a times we need to refer to online tutorials, documentation etc. which can be put up on second screen. Also, communication channels like slack, outlook are almost always being used. Having two monitors makes it easy to split content across two screens and saves the trouble of switching between applications constantly.
The basic idea is that we get more screen real estate allowing to keep more applications visible at same time, which is why I am guessing ultra wide monitors are getting popular since it gives you the benefit of multiple monitors within one single hardware.

At work I had set up two monitors and it was very helpful. Would keep code on one screen and any reference material on other screen (secondary), otherwise secondary screen was used for outlook, slack, web browsing, social media etc.

At home, with just my laptop screen it is difficult and I miss my monitors. Am thinking of getting a basic monitor for home but at the moment that is not looking do-able since we are not to venture outdoors.

As for how to split it between two monitors, my official laptop has an HDMI out and also a mini HDMI out so I connect two monitors using HDMI-VGA connectors. Laptop detects the two monitors and we can choose which one is primary and what to show on those two screens. If you keep laptop screen also in play then you get a 3 screen setup. I have not used any software so cannot comment if software are available and how they help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
I use RED light inform the family that I am in critical meeting and background noise needs to be controlled (how much effective this is different issue altogether).
I like the idea of the red light a lot.

Regards,
S

Last edited by aah78 : 27th April 2020 at 19:36. Reason: Spacing.
sukhoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 15:07   #194
Team-BHP Support

I like the portability offered by the Surface Pro. When this pic was clicked i perched myself on the dining table as the office/study was occupied by wifey who was also working from home.

Working from home? Show us your home office-12bef5b9cf55445cb1d23d6a3a2b3099.jpeg

At a later point i moved outdoors.

Working from home? Show us your home office-a09703eba0c94afa9935165f5ab751e6.jpeg
benbsb29 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 16:32   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshays View Post
Goodness me ! Do all of you really practice clean desk policy at home as well ? And, why are multiple laptops kept open at the same time, is this for the photo shoot ? 😂

Actually, yes, I keep my desk at home or at the office or anywhere quite tidy.
Last night I took everything off the desk and the shelves and hoovered and dusted my whole office. I like things nice and tidy and in their place!

I always have both my laptop open and ready. The Mac is my personal laptop and the HP my work. I will happily switch from one laptop to the other. I am typing this very post, on my Mac, whilst I am logged into a meeting via Microsoft teams, participants are still joining, so I have a few minutes for a few private things.

Time wise professional and personal life mixing is no problem for me, but from an IT point of view I keep them completely separated!

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks