Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2020, 10:43   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Many parts of India are in curfew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
My dad works in a big hospital and OPD is closed.
The hospital where my wife works has closed all depts except Casualty (where she works). She's getting tensed now - despite the gloves and masks, she says she is getting doubts of whom to touch and whom not to.

Only emergency procedures / surgeries being done. All planned activities cancelled.

Our neighborhood grocer is now doing home deliveries, but his stocks last evening were running low.

Last edited by condor : 24th March 2020 at 10:46.
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 10:45   #152
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Yashraj Zala for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
Hi BHPians,
Amid the outbreak of coronavirus, many car manufacturers have come up with intresting ways to spread the word. BMW does it in the most enthusiastic way.

I am sharing screenshots from BMW India's official Instagram handle on which they re-posted images from BMW global.

Take care,
Yashraj.
Many parts of India are in curfew-screenshot_20200323202946079_com.instagram.android.jpg

Many parts of India are in curfew-screenshot_20200323203008028_com.instagram.android.jpg

Many parts of India are in curfew-screenshot_20200323203005280_com.instagram.android.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 24th March 2020 at 14:01.
blackwasp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 11:06   #153
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ludhiana. 6-9am milk shops etc., had lot of rush and long lines. Very dangerous for exposure.
They have started curfew since yesterday so not everyone will be prepared and people tend to overstock. Closing OPD is probably the right thing. Here the milkman arrived at the usual time and so does some of the hawkers that sell bread/ butter etc. You will see a lot number of people out in days to come. The general mood is very sombre and everyone is worried unlike past weeks when many had taken this WFH and other precautions casually. I haven't personally checked/ answered any of the official mails, just doesn't feel. And there are Zero calls from the Telemarketers now.

My idea was to appreciate the efforts that the Government is doing, nothing they do is foolproof. I am sure, your Dad will be contributing even if he is not working in OPD.

Last edited by Turbanator : 24th March 2020 at 11:08.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 11:16   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I don’t know where you are getting this information. I came to Mohali on Saturday night to be with my mother, our street has been mostly quiet except for that 5 pm bells on Sunday.
Quote:
Ludhiana. 6-9am milk shops etc., had lot of rush and long lines. Very dangerous for exposure. My dad works in a big hospital and OPD is closed.
I can speak for my city - Jalandhar. Authorities, themselves are doing their best in terms of keeping people at home. Yesterday when the curfew was announced at 2pm, periodically police cars on the beat were announcing that no one should come out of their homes until further orders.

Problem is, there is a parallel government functioning on Whatsapp. Since yesterday, I have been receiving messages that there is a relief window from 6am - 9am, everyday there is a curfew. So, many people are venturing out and some ration shops are complying with whatsapp orders. While the reality is, its a curfew with no relaxations.
Here is a news article on the curfew: https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/co...alandhar-60071

As difficult the work to contain the spread of the virus is, Whatsapp is compounding it. I will prefer a total ban on it during such times.

Last edited by rrsteer : 24th March 2020 at 11:19.
rrsteer is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 12:17   #155
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
They have started curfew since yesterday so not everyone will be prepared and people tend to overstock. .

My idea was to appreciate the efforts that the Government is doing, nothing they do is foolproof. I am sure, your Dad will be contributing even if he is not working in OPD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post

As difficult the work to contain the spread of the virus is, Whatsapp is compounding it. I will prefer a total ban on it during such times.
Yes, hopefully social distancing will become the norm. Dad is more worried about his "urgent care" type of patients who are not in emergency situation, but still require urgent help.
That said, the govt is doing the right thing, however I see a clear lack of communication. Whatsapp etc., cannot be alone to blame. First govt said Junta curfew. then states started their own curfews. And then it goes on in one state and then different in another. There should be a clear guideline and communication. Its good that police has started educating people and hopefully in the next 15 days the curve can be flattened.
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 12:36   #156
BANNED

We are basically an unruly lot. So probably a curfew is required.

See what the PM says tonight. I hear he had a graded response planned out.
sgiitk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 12:46   #157
RGK
Senior - BHPian

I am copying my FB post here...

"One of my colleagues from Europe (after travelling a few countries) landed in Mumbai last week. After self-declaration form fill up and thermal scanning (checking the body temperature using a digital thermometer by pointing in front of the forehead) he was let out. He did not go to his house where his family is eagerly waiting and instead called his parents living in Lowerparel to move to his sister's house. He went alone and now staying there alone as part of self-quarantine. I was totally overwhelmed by his self-discipline., If India needs to overcome this virus outbreak it can be done only by self-discipline rather than medication and health care".

He has completed exactly eleven days as of now and waiting for three more days.
RGK is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 16:42   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I am copying my FB post here...

"One of my colleagues from Europe (after travelling a few countries) landed in Mumbai last week. After self-declaration form fill up and thermal scanning (checking the body temperature using a digital thermometer by pointing in front of the forehead) he was let out. He did not go to his house where his family is eagerly waiting and instead called his parents living in Lowerparel to move to his sister's house. He went alone and now staying there alone as part of self-quarantine. I was totally overwhelmed by his self-discipline., If India needs to overcome this virus outbreak it can be done only by self-discipline rather than medication and health care".

He has completed exactly eleven days as of now and waiting for three more days.
Absolutely brilliant. And good on him. We need more people like him. Please tell him I said hello.
hondafanboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 16:58   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Problem is, there is a parallel government functioning on Whatsapp. Since yesterday, I have been receiving messages that there is a relief window from 6am - 9am, everyday there is a curfew. So, many people are venturing out and some ration shops are complying with whatsapp orders.
I second your opinion. Considering the amount of false and fake information is circulating on whats App, it making difficult for health care department, government and WHO to convince people on precautions. In our country, masses trust and follow social networking sites religiously without checking the facts. Even people like Rajnikant and Amitabh Banchan find pride in sharing false information. It's a sad state of affairs.
khanmaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 18:18   #160
BHPian

Quote:
That said, the govt is doing the right thing, however I see a clear lack of communication. Whatsapp etc., cannot be alone to blame. First govt said Junta curfew. then states started their own curfews. And then it goes on in one state and then different in another. There should be a clear guideline and communication. Its good that police has started educating people and hopefully in the next 15 days the curve can be flattened.
I beg to differ here. Maha Govt jumped the gun and announced some sort of Section 144 lockdown in certain parts and people just crowded the Pune and Mumbai railway stations on Friday night and Saturday. This is dangerous and chances of community spread amongst such a crowd are high. The way it was done on Sunday was actually good. Just after the 5PM appreciation thing, one by one many governments announced a lockdown till March 31st. Certain states extended it till 5AM next day and then announced the lockdown next day. This co-ordination among states and centre was good and very few noticed.
Old 24th March 2020, 20:09   #161
BANNED

Punekars checkout:

Many parts of India are in curfew-pune.png
Many parts of India are in curfew-pune1.png

Edit: Lockdown extended for further 21 days.

Last edited by wheelguy : 24th March 2020 at 20:16.
wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 20:19   #162
Senior - BHPian

3 weeks lockdown in India from midnight tonight. PM Modi on TV just a few minutes ago.

So for 21 days keep calm and sit tight. Don't be a host. Don't venture out and burden the law and order/medical personnel and other essential service personnel.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 21:11   #163

Since the curfew is extended for 3 weeks, I suggest mods create new threads, if feasible, for each metro cities ( Eg: Hyderabad, Bangalore, Mumbai etc), so that BHPians from respective cities can share the availability of essentials and updates regarding their respective areas.

It would be helpful for many visitors to this forum as well.
The main corona virus thread is cluttered with too much information to navigate through for a visitor.
snap2329 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th March 2020, 00:01   #164
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanmaj View Post
Even people like Rajnikant and Amitabh Banchan find pride in sharing false information. It's a sad state of affairs.
Since you mentioned Amitabh Bacchan, guessing you saw the below tweet.
This man is an imbecile and I have lost all respect for him. Ironically he hosts a show where you win money based on your intelligence.

Many parts of India are in curfew-amitabhbachchan-imbecile.jpg
AZT is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks