Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2020, 10:53   #46
BHPian

re: Many parts of India are in curfew

Am at my parents place which is a stone's throw away from the famous NH65 (between Hyd-Vja) highway. Normally, this highway is one of the busiest and there are atleast a 1000 vehicles passing by every hour. But today, its eerily empty. Hardly a truck or two (most probably from the nearby heritage milk factory), but I would have counted 5 or 6 cars from 8am till now (around 3hrs). Frankly, I am in awe. Our countrymen seem to be taking the diktat seriously.

Last edited by racer_ash : 22nd March 2020 at 10:54.
racer_ash is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 11:32   #47
BHPian

Slightly OT :

Having stopped eating out at restaurants or ordering on swiggy for a good 15 days, this is how me, my wife and her sister had dinner yesterday night at our terrace for a change. The cool evening breeze at 3rd floor kept us happy 😊

Mods : Please delete if irrelevant
Attached Thumbnails
Many parts of India are in curfew-img20200321wa0015.jpg  

Sk8r is online now   (46) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 11:49   #48
BHPian

Went for my usual walk/jog today morning in the streets of Nanganallur, Chennai.

Please note - I made sure to be at home well before the clock struck 7 am and have been / will be indoors the whole of today. So, don't jump your guns on me!

What I witnessed was truly unbelievable.

I have never heard birds chirping as much as it did today. There were flocks of birds (parrots, pigeons, mynas etc.,) flying just at the terrace-levels. The silence on the roads was absolutely enjoyable.

It's not that the roads were devoid of vehicular movements. Though there were vehicles on the roads, it was very much limited - probably those of the newspaper, milk vendors and a few jolly-riders.

As I was walking back, the small kirana shops which were open when I had started, were preparing to down their shutters/already closed.

Corona or No-Corona - I wish such self-imposed curfew happens once or twice a year going forward.

The street leading to Raghavendra temple and the famous Nanganallur Hanuman Temple

Many parts of India are in curfew-anjaneyartemple.jpg

Almost zero traffic on the main roads..

Many parts of India are in curfew-nanganallur2ndmainroad.jpg

Many parts of India are in curfew-nanganallur2ndmainroad2.jpg

as well as the streets.

Many parts of India are in curfew-emptystreets.jpg

Again, its just an absolutely amazing feeling.

Stay Safe / Stay Indoors!
Cheers!
callvvijay is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 12:06   #49
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Classy one just came in from Toyota

Many parts of India are in curfew-whatsapp-image-20200322-11.19.38.jpeg
GTO is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 12:23   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
I have never heard birds chirping as much as it did today. There were flocks of birds (parrots, pigeons, mynas etc.,) flying just at the terrace-levels. The silence on the roads was absolutely enjoyable.
Beautiful things and feelings we miss nowadays.
Though I've moved to Dehadun few years ago and our area is full of birds. So much so often it sounds like cacophony.

Also it'll be very interesting to know today's pollution level. I hope to see something on this on the newspapers tomorrow.
Rudra Sen is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 12:33   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
Slightly OT :

Having stopped eating out at restaurants or ordering on swiggy for a good 15 days, this is how me, my wife and her sister had dinner yesterday night at our terrace for a change. The cool evening breeze at 3rd floor kept us happy 😊
How about the tennis match with the mosquitos? That must have been fun as well.
It looks really nice though, good way to make home stay interesting.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 12:47   #52
BHPian

Mumbai pics as received. I believe these are genuine pics
Attached Thumbnails
Many parts of India are in curfew-screenshot_20200322122729__01.jpg  

Many parts of India are in curfew-screenshot_20200322122832__01.jpg  

vivek95 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 13:15   #53
Senior - BHPian

I woke up at 6.30 am and headed straight away to the local milk shop to buy some milk as I couldn't get last evening (all shops were running out of stock). There were few gents around to buy milk at the same time. To my surprise, Mother Dairy didn't have the packet milk available. Luckily managed to grab a couple of packs from a neighborhood shop and reached home by 6.50 am. Locked the main gates and spending time at home around daily chores.

PS - The silence I noticed this morning around my locality was one of a kind. It was not scary though. It was just a reminder that we didn't stop when we should have, a reminder that we need to let the environment breathe as well. The silence has hope and I have faith that this too shall pass but with deep lessons for each one of us!

Last edited by bluevolt : 22nd March 2020 at 13:16.
bluevolt is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 13:19   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is ŠKODA's way of conveying the message:

Many parts of India are in curfew-12.png
volkman10 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 14:07   #55
Senior - BHPian

One of the best Sundays ever. Super calm, laidback and silent.

Many parts of India are in curfew-img_20200322_140512.jpg

Kani Konna (Cassia Fistula) in full bloom. From the Govt school compound opposite our house.
Sankar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 16:02   #56
BHPian

It is good to see that almost everywhere people are staying indoors. This is a welcome sign and we should get used to this as this could continue.

However, what worries me is the way people prepared for this curfew yesterday. The traffic was much more than usual in my town (erode, TN) and all shops were packed. This was the scene for almost the entire second half yesterday and from other's post it seems like the case everywhere. With such level of gathering everywhere, this could do worse. The chances of virus spreading is much more as people are in close contact and we might end up carrying the virus to our homes. We need to be careful in this regard and make sure shopping is done when there aren't much crowd. We should also get only things which are required than over stocking groceries which can lead to shortage of supply. This could end up in people panicking and stocking more.
haneeshN is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 16:11   #57
BHPian

http://toi.in/2xiBQb/a31gj

Government locks down 75 districts across country starting from today.
Old 22nd March 2020, 16:37   #58
Senior - BHPian

Its such a superb day. Hardly a few vehicles(mostly two wheelers) out on the road. Most of them are young boys, probably looking for evening coffee/tea or some action or God knows what.
There were many times today, I had to venture to our balcony and check if the doors/windows were closed. We are so used to the road noise that even I thought the windows were closed!!

Saw some famous doctor mentioning that if we have 7-10 days of continuous lockdown, we will be delaying the virus spread manifold.
Heres to a peaceful and pollution free sunday. Keeping our bells and plates spoons ready for the clock to strike 5 pm. God bless us all and keep yourselves safe!!

Last edited by hrman : 22nd March 2020 at 16:39.
hrman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 16:56   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Its such a superb day.
Saw some famous doctor mentioning that if we have 7-10 days of continuous lockdown, we will be delaying the virus spread manifold.
It will be a famous day in our history, IMO.
And the doctor is correct; with a small correction. We need the 10 days to bring the menace to manageable proportions for a country of our size. The 10 days of discipline and enforcement will give us a fighting chance of winning what will be a long battle.
Sawyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 17:17   #60
BANNED

Came out on the terrace and applauded.

Heartful thank you to all those Doctors, hospital staff, police and everyone involved in helping control the pandemic.

Great to see everyone abide by the curfew and staying indoors. Let's fight against this pandemic and win.
a4anurag is offline   (13) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks