Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you support the lockdown extension?
Yes 299 47.46%
No 244 38.73%
I'm unsure 87 13.81%
Voters: 630. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2020, 08:59   #301
Senior - BHPian

re: India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020

Big Basket, Why are you turning out to be a big disappointment. You are not able to make hay while sun shines. Instead of becoming a hero and savior during this crisis, there looks to be no action being taken from your side since the last couple of weeks. The website is still showing the same old error pop up.

While the government and administration is in all support for your operation including that you can operate 24/7 (atleast here in Bangalore), what stops you to get it back in place. Even the local vegetable shop next to our house manages to get a load of new goods every day. I would rather rely on them than you even when things become normal.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 31st March 2020 at 09:29.
balenoed_ is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 09:46   #302
BHPian

re: India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Big Basket, Why are you turning out to be a big disappointment. You are not able to make hay while sun shines. Instead of becoming a hero and savior during this crisis, there looks to be no action being taken from your side since the last couple of weeks. The website is still showing the same old error pop up.

While the government and administration is in all support for your operation including that you can operate 24/7 (atleast here in Bangalore), what stops you to get it back in place. Even the local vegetable shop next to our house manages to get a load of new goods every day. I would rather rely on them than you even when things become normal.

Seriously, I am tired of Big Basket experience over the past 2 weeks. Not only my orders were cancelled for no valid reason, the site is always acting up and is quickly becoming a time waster. After spending hours together on Big Basket, I finally placed the order with the local shop and got almost all the products delivered promptly. I think we should give up using Big Basket and start supporting the local stores moving forward.
ece2k2 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 10:03   #303
Team-BHP Support

Lockdown, as expected will give time for all such clusters / individuals to come out. They will still need to quarantine all such people and test.

Problem will be the random guys who came in contact with such infected/ carriers. If those guys have got infected and moved than the chain will be very difficult to contain in next 2 weeks. So we may see an extension if this becomes the trend. Very difficult to predict anything at this time.

Last edited by vb-saan : 2nd April 2020 at 07:25. Reason: Quote post deleted, removing related reference. Thanks
Turbanator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 10:24   #304
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Now, here is an absolute idiot who (hopefully) learned his lesson.

Quote:
Owner of Koolar Restaurant King's Circle, Matunga (E) roaming freely during the lockdown by illegally using the Ambulance Siren in his car and making fun out of it. Shameful act. Strong action must be taken against such violators. Above video with details has been Tweeted to Mumbai Police. Accused owner has been arrested by Matunga Police, Video from Dr Binu Varghese.

Looks like legal action or the police made him apologise

Law abiding is cooler . Love that hashtag!
India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020-whatsapp-image-20200331-04.03.17.jpeg

Last edited by GTO : 31st March 2020 at 10:25.
GTO is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 10:58   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Big Basket, Why are you turning out to be a big disappointment. ... there looks to be no action being taken from your side since the last couple of weeks. The website is still showing the same old error pop up.
I did get my order delivered to me last night successfully. A few items were not there but I got about 85% of what I ordered.

My sister got her order day before that and all of the items at that.

But yes it seems the servers are having to deal with a surge which is causing them technical issues and I did see people complaining about them cancelling orders at the last minute and refunding money to the BB wallet instead of the bank account.

Quote:
Even the local vegetable shop next to our house manages to get a load of new goods every day. I would rather rely on them than you even when things become normal.
Could you let me know if the local shop guys still do home delivery? Mine are not and I am running out of clean water.
JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 11:02   #306
Senior - BHPian

My big basket orders placed over the last two weeks were cancelled. I've been buying from them since they launched and if this is how they treat their customers in the time of a crisis, shame on them!

On top of that, they are sitting on my money (~5000 rupees) which they haven't refunded. Pretty terrible!

Last edited by reignofchaos : 31st March 2020 at 11:04.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 11:07   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
But yes it seems the servers are having to deal with a surge which is causing them technical issues
They should probably remove all those non-essential (beauty kits etc..) from the inventory and make the website light weight. Focus on delivering and taking orders of daily essentials only.

Quote:
Could you let me know if the local shop guys still do home delivery? Mine are not and I am running out of clean water.
Nope, they are busy with dealing with the shop customers. I do not think any shop will have the capacity to do a home delivery at the moment. He even says that he can get vegetables in stock in the days ahead and no need to buy in bulk. This is just a very small vegetable shop wala next door.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 31st March 2020 at 11:09.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 11:13   #308
BHPian

Quote:
He even says that he can get vegetables in stock all the day ahead and no need to buy in bulk. This is just a very small vegetable shop wala next door.
Yes, vegetables are readily available and I believe this trend wouldn't change in the near future. Packaged goods are the ones that are taking a hit I guess. I would suggest that we should try to live on limited veggies stocked at home rather than buying them frequently - as they cannot be washed using soap and they can't be stored in an unused area for a week's time either. Infact I went and restarted my home garden activity after a 2 year break.
ece2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 11:54   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
On top of that, they are sitting on my money (~5000 rupees) which they haven't refunded. Pretty terrible!
If you have not tried it yet, then please post on twitter asking them to return money to your bank account. No need to let them benefit from our cash.

In other news, apparently delivery guys are still getting beaten up in Bengaluru. Hopefully, the commissioner takes some action to further sensitise those on the ground.

https://twitter.com/myfreshtohome/st...458253314?s=19
Old 31st March 2020, 12:03   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
My big basket orders placed over the last two weeks were cancelled. I've been buying from them since they launched and if this is how they treat their customers in the time of a crisis, shame on them!

same with me. they have not refunded my money even after one week and no response to emails also.
today, once again i placed the order (as i don't have any choice with Amazon, FK still not accepting the orders and Grofers is useless). Delivery date is 6th of April. Hopefully they can deliver this time.
kavensri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 12:11   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It looks like they have invested their money on SRK, rather than AWS/Azure.

Tired of seeing the numerous errors on their platform, I am resorting to heading out once per week to my nearby grocery store.

Police guys are not intrusive in our area.
Vegetable vendors and essential groceries are in good supply.
abhishek46 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 12:33   #312
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Seriously, I am tired of Big Basket experience over the past 2 weeks.
Quote:
I did get my order delivered to me last night successfully. A few items were not there but I got about 85% of what I ordered.
True. I don't understand why these big corporations are silent on this. This is right time to come forward and do what they do best. And this applies to other delivery partners like Swiggy and Zomato. Why don't they partner with supermarkets and deliver stuff. Win-win for all of us.

Speaking of which, the KL state owned supermarket joined with Zomato to get the deliveries done. I haven't seen or used their services even though I stay close to this location.

I did try some leading apps/stores but none of them were responding well. So decided to call few local stores near my house and luckily found one. He's been delivering stuff from last week and we order twice a week. Havent stepped out in the last 10 days.

So I guess finding that local supermarket or shop will be the best bet.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 14:03   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

For the past few days I was suspecting a flat tyre, and today confirmed. Stepped out on scooter to the nearest bunk but the puncture guy has closed his shop. Went further to another place but there was a checking at that point. The person -possibly cop in mufti or a traffic warden - asked me, and then asked where is my mask. I didnt have it on me - so he asked me to go back. Was polite but firm.

Well managed !
condor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 14:59   #314
BANNED

Kerala tests 200 people per million, Maharashtra 31 per million, Uttar pradesh 4 per million. If you don’t test you will not find any positive cases and zero deaths due to Covid-19, as easy as that. Even Kerala is way behind international standards. So what you are seeing is not real numbers. Don’t interpret data without denominators. We have issue with availability of test kits , hence we are prioritizing who are being tested.

Last edited by vb-saan : 2nd April 2020 at 07:29. Reason: Quote post deleted, removing related reference. Thanks
The Rationalist is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 17:33   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Kerala tests 200 people per million,
Looks like you are looking only at testing numbers.

Btw, here's an article shared by my doctor friend from Kochi:

https://indianexpress.com/article/op...FTVki2vntkiBBk

Last edited by vb-saan : 2nd April 2020 at 07:30. Reason: Quote post edited, thank you!
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks