Team-BHP > Shifting gears

View Poll Results: Do you support the lockdown extension?
Yes 299 47.46%
No 244 38.73%
I'm unsure 87 13.81%
Voters: 630. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2020, 17:43   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

re: India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Well, what's wrong with this method of getting disinfected? These are extraordinary times and everyone are trying to whatever they think/believe/feel is right:
Would you do that to your immediate family members in "extraordinary times"?

If the answer is yes, then they have my sympathies.

If the answer is no, then you have the answer to your initial question.
kiku007 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 18:08   #272
BHPian

re: India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020

I condemn the Bareilly incident, even if it was done with a good intention. Felt like someone is spraying "HIT" pesticide ruthlessly on cockroaches. For God sake, they are human beings and you cannot spray sodium hypochlorite just like that with such high pressure on the entire body disregarding its effects on the skin and mucus membranes. There is a difference between having a proper head to toe bath with a bleach than getting sprayed like this. I never came across any such recommendation though being a Doctor myself. Honestly don't remember reading it in medical literature. But am I really missing something out of my ignorance ?? Had any other developed country tried this as a desperate measure ?? Please point me to such an article or medical guideline, I would like to enlighten myself. Otherwise, that looks downright atrocious to me.

-Dr. Vivek
vivek95 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 18:22   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
I condemn the Bareilly incident, even if it was done with a good intention. Felt like someone is spraying "HIT" pesticide ruthlessly on cockroaches. For God sake, they are human beings and you cannot spray sodium hypochlorite just like that with such high pressure on the entire body disregarding its effects on the skin and mucus membranes. There is a difference between having a proper head to toe bath with a bleach than getting sprayed like this. I never came across any such recommendation though being a Doctor myself. Honestly don't remember reading it in medical literature. But am I really missing something out of my ignorance ?? Had any other developed country tried this as a desperate measure ?? Please point me to such an article or medical guideline, I would like to enlighten myself. Otherwise, that looks downright atrocious to me.

-Dr. Vivek
Not justifying what they did to the people on road but just an article where some official was trying to justify it by saying it was only chlorine+water?!
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 18:24   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Had any other developed country tried this as a desperate measure ??
This was in China, if we can call it developed

AltoLXI is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 18:25   #275
BHPian

This is really sad. This gives a clear picture of what our society thinks about the underprivileged.

My only opinion, even if this 'spray them like cockroaches' was of some pure intention, does the establishment have the intent of treating the 'privileged' in a similar manner?

If they had shown even half the above intent from February end, we probably wouldn't have been in this situation right now.

Kanika Kapoor's lawyers may take care of her for being utterly careless. But what about the underprivileged who face such acts for no fault of their own?
TROOPER is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 18:33   #276
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post

That's a drill and these guys are all covered head to toe under protective suits. They are merely trying to clean their coverings.

Now, I understand from where these guys get the ideas, this WhatsApp University is very lethal.
Turbanator is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 19:13   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Well, this was circulating since more than a week, and apparently from downsouth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Wow ! Thank you both. This is interesting, I need to dig more information if surface disinfectants can indeed be sprayed on human beings like this.

By the way, I am still not able to control my laughter at 0.55 s from that Chinese video Hahaha, what ! did they just trap a housefly ? That is so funny.
Attached Thumbnails
India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020-screenshot_20200330190643.jpg  

vivek95 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 19:32   #278
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

This is how civilized countries do disinfecting people. Its looks so good that people would want to go through it.

We dont have to go to that level but atleast treat them as fellow human beings.
m8002? is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 19:38   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
This is how civilized countries do disinfecting people....

We dont have to go to that level but atleast treat them as fellow human beings.
C'mon, are we saying that just because its a shiny-fancy looking machine doing the spray, it makes them civilised v/s Indian authorities doing it by hand spray as an emergency measure makes us uncivilised ? Not fair!

An acquaintance tells me that for COVID-19 the cleaning agent used could simply be bleach, or maybe hydrogen peroxide. Both are ordinary cleaning agents and not particularly harmful if administered properly. The authorities may have planned to help clean possible germs on their sweaty body (since they had been walking in the open for a long distance) before the people were confined in the bus.

Frankly, I find doing something is better than doing nothing, as an emergency measure. I see NO malice in their intent. The undue criticism & sensationalism is discouraging our front-line workers.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 30th March 2020 at 20:04.
WorkingGuru is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 19:49   #280
BHPian

Folks, I received a text message from Autovikas Motinagar Delhi (an authorized Tata motors service center) that says “COVID-19 has led to lock down at many cities, due to which vehicles whose warranty and free service is getting expired during this period, can not avail the same due to time lines which has been set. Keeping the customer centric values in mind, it has been decided by TML that the vehicles whose OE warranty and free service period (not Km.) are getting expired between 15th March'20 to 31st May’20 will be extended till 31st July’20.
Its indeed a good news. I thought of sharing this as it might help TATA vehicle owners.
khanmaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 20:00   #281
Senior - BHPian

The only time I had seen such spraying done on people is when they wear PPE. They are covered everywhere even on their eyes and after they tend to infected patients.

Didnt know it could be done this way But you look at the people who are spraying, they too are not completely covered on their eyes.
srishiva is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 20:06   #282
BHPian

22 people "appear" to have died while going home to their native states.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.scr...way-from-delhi

Many journalists are saying that the government does not have the data for the actual number of economic migrants in India. Here's a report from the Aaj Tak's former chief.

It is painful that after 7 decades of pampering a self serving, self-aggrandizing generalist bureaucracy like no other, crores of Indian citizens cannot even find themselves on their own government's list. This is a data point that even private companies have through their smartphone apps. But the Government is always right .

Not that this matters though. People justifying spraying diluted bleach or disinfectants on migrants would come up with an excuse for this as well - after all, the government can do no wrong. All is well.

Someone mentioned that I couldn't understand the "reality" of India and shouldn't comment. It was sad coming from a member I respected a lot, and I resisted from doing so. But folks posting drill videos from China (of all places) in support of this practice really told me something is either wrong with me, or some members of this forum.Best wishes. Delete if inappropriate.

Last edited by Nissan1180 : 30th March 2020 at 20:23.
Nissan1180 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 20:08   #283
BHPian

This is a well known procedure followed by many countries. Sample here

In the given situations, I would oblige to this. PERIOD. I as a citizen will want to ensure myself and my fellow people to be safe from this pandemic. No advantage of a hue and cry after getting infected.

Last edited by saisree : 30th March 2020 at 20:13.
saisree is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 20:23   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
This is a well known procedure followed by many countries. Sample here
Well, the DM had admitted that overzealous officials sprayed the disinfectant meant for buses on humans. He is apparently going to take action against them.

Also, a small search on google would have shown that Indonesian officials had sprayed Alcohol solution on the passengers disembarking from the plane. Clearly, it's not the same as what happened in UP.

But, if you think its ok then I can point you to a fellow members post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Would you do that to your immediate family members in "extraordinary times"?

If the answer is yes, then they have my sympathies.

If the answer is no, then you have the answer to your initial question.
JithinR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 20:38   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Well, the DM had admitted that overzealous officials sprayed the disinfectant meant for buses on humans. He is apparently going to take action against them. Also, a small search on google would have shown that Indonesian officials had sprayed Alcohol solution on the passengers disembarking from the plane. Clearly, it's not the same as what happened in UP.
I know what is used. I have been following the procedures followed by various countries. Until the DM responded we didn't know its a spray meant for buses. Bareily incident has no proper answers still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
But, if you think its ok then I can point you to a fellow members post:
Weren't we questioning the approach here? Two things to consider.

1. Are you OK with the approach?
2. What is being sprayed?

I would oblige to the first question if the content being sprayed is meant for humans and is safe. You cannot ask some one to bath in a solution. There is no guarantee for it. We have to see the bigger picture and support the intentions until its not cruel.

Last edited by saisree : 30th March 2020 at 20:44.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed