Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you support the lockdown extension?
Yes 299 47.46%
No 244 38.73%
I'm unsure 87 13.81%
Voters: 630. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2020, 17:38   #316
BHPian

re: India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Looks like you are looking only at testing numbers.
All states are under lockdown. It is not a debate between lockdown or testing. But some testing with lockdown and more testing with lockdown. Honestly, each state is trying their best to handle the situation. This is quite unprecedented and no one know how each step gets interpreted e.g. A junta curfew ending into a street celebration with group dandiya.

Lets give each state the benefit of doubt instead of one v/s another. Am sure each of them will make mistakes. Lets deplore the inhumane acts or any rumors but every government will want to take care of its people. Or at least, the optimist in me hopes so.
sachinayak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 17:57   #317
BHPian

re: India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Now, here is an absolute idiot who (hopefully) learned his lesson.

The way this guys is behaving, it looks like he is high on some substance. The police should've also done a blood test for him.
Old 31st March 2020, 18:03   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Lets give each state the benefit of doubt instead of one v/s another.
If you have missed, I have not criticized any state. I have not advised any. If you want more, then RJ & MH are said to have handled it bad, while states like RJ, AP, TS etc have done quite well.
Old 31st March 2020, 18:17   #319
BANNED

Quote:
Looks like you are looking only at testing numbers.
Btw, here's an article shared by my doctor friend from Kochi:
Let me clarify first, I’m a Critical care physician. Covid-19 pneumonia behaves likes any other viral pneumonia, the symptoms are just like flu or common cold. If you don’t test all those who have respiratory symptoms and then when they die, you will write down the cause of death as viral pneumonia and many may very well have died due to Covid-19. I’m sure that is happening in many places, you can keep a clean sheet at the expense of the hapless Indians.

Imagine someone drives under influence of alcohol and ends up in an accident. If we don’t decide to test that person, the cause of accident will be rash driving or similar less serious cause and we will declare there are no accidents due to drunken driving. I think this will clarify better.

Last edited by The Rationalist : 31st March 2020 at 18:20.
The Rationalist is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 18:34   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Btw, here's an article shared by my doctor friend from Kochi:

https://indianexpress.com/article/op...FTVki2vntkiBBk
If you have time read up on his other news articles too.

Many qualified folks on teambhp posts more informative news/views on covid19 than the author of that article.
Sankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 18:56   #321
BHPian

Does anyone have any concrete information regarding extension of lock-down post April 14th? One of my friend was supposed to move out of Bangalore today (to her native in MP) but all her plans have gone for a toss. She is feeling homesick and wants to know if any special pass can be obtained for travelling from KA to MP by road using private vehicle. I have almost convinced her to wait till the lock-down is lifted, but I am not too sure if the situation will improve post 14th of April. What are her best options?
Old 31st March 2020, 19:05   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Does anyone have any concrete information regarding extension of lock-down post April 14th? One of my friend was supposed to move out of Bangalore today (to her native in MP) but all her plans have gone for a toss. She is feeling homesick and wants to know if any special pass can be obtained for travelling from KA to MP by road using private vehicle. I have almost convinced her to wait till the lock-down is lifted, but I am not too sure if the situation will improve post 14th of April. What are her best options?
Sorry for her plight. But her best option is to wait. Home sickness is not a reason good enough to get essential pass or violate lock down. Her car can be impounded.
poloman is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 19:26   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Please ask your friend to check with private courier agencies nearby. Here in Hyderabad, they seem to be operational. Yesterday I remember seeing a DTDC counter open and few people queued up in front of it.
My friend is in Yelahanka & works in KA Govt. So far he hasn't found a way. Everything is standstill, including the police. They are wherever they are. Also checked with grocery delivery, medicine delivery trucks. But nobody could promise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
All the roads leading out of any town have Police check-posts. This is throughout all the states. Not sure for what reason a multi-state pass will be issued. Drive to MP will take 3 days. There would be no place to stay or eat on the way. There is local jurisdiction with their own rules, like in some places no fuel for non-Govt vehicles & so forth. It would be a highly tricky drive if undertaken.
msdivy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 19:34   #324
Team-BHP Support

In situations like this it is better not to share what we just hear. There are more misinformation traveling around, even at a faster pace than the actual virus spread.

Last edited by vb-saan : 2nd April 2020 at 07:32. Reason: Quote post deleted, removing related reference.
vb-saan is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 19:40   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
... you can keep a clean sheet at the expense of the hapless Indians.
I am wary of any data put out by any organization in India. Data collection is not taken seriously. If the data is tied up with showing the effectiveness of some organization, it is more likely to be fudged. I realize "fudged" is a very harsh word, but ultimately it underlines the fact that it is not accurate enough to be used for making any analyses.

The same goes for all the research publications using dubious data and vague and unstated assumptions. As many researchers are under pressure to produce and publish papers, we see a lot of fancy graphs and predictions.

Coming to the Covid19 data, there is a need for India to look good and for the government to seem confident and competent in tackling the crisis. I think the data should be interpreted keeping this in mind.
mvadg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 21:30   #326
BHPian

A video by BBC on a comparison of infected cases and death rates amongst all major countries till now.

I think I saw some folks here find BBC biased towards India but this video does not seem to reference our country.
Old 31st March 2020, 21:35   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
A video by BBC on a comparison of infected cases and death rates amongst all major countries till now. I think I saw some folks here find BBC biased towards India but this video does not seem to reference our country.
It doesn’t reference India because we have very few deaths so far. They look at the progression from the day of the 25th death and we got there just yesterday.
Lobogris is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 22:37   #328
BHPian

Very Bad experience with Big Basket.. The messed up big time. What a golden opportunity to serve in time of crisis. They cancelled 2 of my orders just 10 minutes prior to the delivery. First of all many of the items were out of stock during shopping, which i was ok with. Had placed the order a week ago, and to cancel at the last moment is really ridiculous. Been their member since 2012. Looks like they were more busy in the recent acquisition of DailyNinja on March 24th. Shame!!
kiranknair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 22:39   #329
BHPian

Hey guys, my mother has a chemotherapy session due in a few days and that session is in Gurgaon. We reside in NOIDA, so do we need some sort of permission to cross the borders?
Old 31st March 2020, 22:40   #330
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
In situations like this it is better not to share what we just hear. There are more misinformation traveling around, even at a faster pace than the actual virus spread.
Oh yes, @vb-san. I agree with you.

Even now, I have come across more details, from people who have a far better idea of what is happening behind the scenes, and I trust what I have come across. But when people want to hair-split rather than look at things that matter, it is better that the details are also not presented.

Last edited by vb-saan : 2nd April 2020 at 07:33. Reason: Update based on earlier clean-up. Thanks
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks