Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you support the lockdown extension?
Yes 299 47.46%
No 244 38.73%
I'm unsure 87 13.81%
Voters: 630. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2020, 14:18   #646
Distinguished - BHPian

re: India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
There are some 'RUMORS' floating about on sealing off parts or whole of Bangalore. Can people in the know throw some light on it?
Hi,

There is no lockdown for the entire city. It is only for two wards where there are new cases of COVID19 and without a traceable history. One such ward is PADARAYANAPURA behind ETA Mall in Chamrajpet. The other I am not sure.

Rest of the areas of the city are as usual in the 'lockdown' mode and not seal down mode. Do not panic.
audioholic is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 15:51   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
There are some 'RUMORS' floating about on sealing off parts or whole of Bangalore. Can people in the know throw some light on it?
Ward # 134 & 135 of Bangalore City
Attached Thumbnails
India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020-1586513976417.jpg  

Safety is Param is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 16:10   #648
Distinguished - BHPian

re: India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020

Actually, since noon today, wherever I visited to pick some groceries and whoever I interacted have the same tune that everything will be sealed from today.

There were long queues at almost all supermarkets and provision stores like the world was coming to an end.

Even some usless local Kannada and English news channels reported wrongly that made some representatives from BBMP and BCP tweet with a clarification.

India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020-img20200410wa0055.jpg

India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020-img20200410wa0042.jpg
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 16:11   #649
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Looking at how the leaderships of many other countries(including some of the big and developed countries) have been stumbling along without being able to take some decisive actions and doing things retrospectively or in half measure, I think our leadership has responded well.
I did not mean to single out the leadership of India. If I have to compare, which I don't, but hey... I agree with you. I certainly spent the first few weeks of this disaster glad to be here, not in my mother country. One friend says, "Come back to London: you can stay here!" I said (but politely ) Not bloody likely: your London borough has more corvid-19 than the whole of my Indian state. And things in UK got much, worse later.But there are world leaders that have demonstrated remarkable incompetence, which is costing many thousands of lives.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 10th April 2020 at 16:14.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 16:16   #650
Team-BHP Support

Today morning my wife panicked when she heard some areas near our home named as sealdown target. The whatsapp rumour also said all the shops will shutdown within one hour.

I had to rush out at least twice to pick up more supplies, even though I had done 1 week worth of shopping yesterday. Same news had forced many like me to rush to the shops.

Only later found out that the sealdown was restricted to wards far away from our place.
Samurai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 16:23   #651
BHPian

Coming out of Coronavirus, for our country!

Guys, apologies for creating another thread on Coronavirus, but I think it is important to get our minds together to form ideas and execution plans to come out of this never-been-seen-before crisis, which can probably help someone, in the position of decision making, who reads it.

I execute some of the complex and large scale projects for my organization(an engineering services one) and I was trying to analyze what I would have done if I had been asked to solve this crisis (Please note: By no means, I'm claiming myself to be an expert, I don't even know if I have the kind of experience that is required to handle these type of crisis. Anyways,..)

I always keep execution steps simple when I solve complex problems. While I direct the execution steps(a lot of times simple but major decisions), I will leave the specific complex problems to be handled by the technical experts. I work as a glue to keep everything together and to keep the projects rolling.

First, as everybody is aware - Extraordinary times require extraordinary measures. So on this note, the following is what I would do, if I'm asked to solve this problem for our country.

Two strategies that will run parallely.

Strategy 1:

1. Considering our population density, Lock-down will continue as long as the virus is totally eradicated or brought into control in totality(may be 3 months or 6 months or even more). For the people, it will be 1 month Lock-down that gets extended at the end of every month. The current eradication and control teams will continue to work towards virus eradication and control at every district and zonal level. Though the virus has spread all over our country now, our number of active cases is still low, and this brute force approach has more chances of succeeding.

2. India is an Agricultural country(so if one is smart he cannot let his countrymen die of hunger). And to survive at the current times, we only mostly need food. So lock-down will only be relaxed for people who produce food(have a separate team to execute increase in food production) and distribute food through ration stores(subsidized as required), Kirana stores, supermarkets, etc. (apart from other essential services such as Hospitals, Police, etc.)

Strategy 2:

1. Implement Strategy 1 rigorously while the economic experts, scientists, administrators, etc. can do whatever best they can(without altering strategy 1 until we eradicate or control the virus) to smoothen out the exit to normalcy. Communicate with the people regularly and keep them informed on what is being done to solve the crisis

--

Apologies, if this sounds premature, but these are the type of approaches I take to execute complex projects for my organization and my organization thinks I'm good at that.

Would like to know your thoughts as well on how we can come out of it.

Mods: Please move this post to any existing Coronavirus thread if this doesn't warrant a separate thread.
Old 10th April 2020, 16:42   #652
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz3645 View Post
India is in full lockdown, but Two Land Rover Range Rover & two Toyota Fortuner are in the news today. Wadhavan Family of ILFS travelled in them to Mahabaleshwar, where they got caught.

Source for pic & car details :

https://mobile.twitter.com/DarshilKM...96415966580736

Also predictably, and in typical fashion of entitlement, two high end Land Rover's with JH plates and the humble fortuners with MH plates. Makes me hopping mad every time I see these JH or similar tax haven plates floating around in Maharashtra which are and always were clearly for permanent use in MH only.

I hope the strictest action is taken against these entitled jokers.
Axe77 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 16:43   #653
Distinguished - BHPian

A positive step identifying containment zones. Hope the various state and district admins can identify all of them soon and of course help the people in those zones.

Something like this for each city will help keep people informed and also help quell rumors about which zones are being sealed:

http://stopcoronavirus.mcgm.gov.in/insights-on-map

(That's a map by the Mumbai Corporation showing the hospitals and containment zones across Mumbai.)
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 17:52   #654
Senior - BHPian

Why did Big basket,amazon pantry and other grocery etailers fail miserably during the lock down? They are blaming govt policies, supply chain break and lack of man power. Then how is Dmart and other smaller super market chains operating giving immense relief to the people. What happened to the pass system for essential retailers? They are all big talk and no action. This is the ground reality.

Last edited by poloman : 10th April 2020 at 18:00.
poloman is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 18:05   #655
Distinguished - BHPian

Our Chennai street is sealed.

Or, as sealed as a few bits of wood with no human supervision can make it, which is not-really. The occupants of the target house have been taken away: I don't know how many positive, how many just-contacts. We don't know the people, and would have had no contact with them, and, as far as I can think, no dangerous third-party connection.

But I do not know what the consequences are, eg if the whole sealed area gets tested. Anyone?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 18:13   #656
BHPian

Cops are blocking\sealing streets as per their whims. My street is completely cordoned-off on either ends, even though there are no virus cases - this is in BTM Layout.

Last edited by deadguy25 : 10th April 2020 at 18:14.
Old 10th April 2020, 18:36   #657
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
a few bits of wood with no human supervision
There is a policeman there now.
Old 10th April 2020, 18:38   #658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
Cops are blocking\sealing streets as per their whims. My street is completely cordoned-off on either ends, even though there are no virus cases - this is in BTM Layout.
Streets are being sealed here as well in Pune.
Our area is a safe zone as of now, touch wood. Since morning I was trying to complete my order on Dmart but it showed all delivery time slots as unavailable and i was damn confused.

Later I got a forward with pics of all lanes entering my area as sealed and only the oldest and main entry lane was kept open for entry & exit.

The strategy seems to be to seal all lanes except one, for entry and exit to each locality.
vinit.merchant is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 19:33   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Only later found out that the sealdown was restricted to wards far away from our place.
Commissioner of Police tweeted this a few hours back.

https://twitter.com/deepolice12/stat...23090738339842

The comments to the tweet are appropriate.

What is pathetic is the way the Kannada news channels are covering the pandemic from the past few weeks. Right from the way they are creating the scare and misinforming the public to some of the words that they are using, it appears as if the viewers have created the virus and deserved to be beaten with sticks.

Last edited by AltoLXI : 10th April 2020 at 19:38.
AltoLXI is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 19:59   #660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Our Chennai street is sealed.... But I do not know what the consequences are, eg if the whole sealed area gets tested. Anyone?
Better if they decide to get everyone tested; would be a thing less to worry about for you if it is negative and an opportunity to get treated now when the load is less, if it is positive.

Although, I believe you would all be just screened at first and put under observation. Only if you become (even slightly) symptomatic would you be tested. But with more and more positive cases being detected among asymptomatic people, one can't really say.

Stay home, stay safe.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks