Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you support the lockdown extension?
Yes 299 47.46%
No 244 38.73%
I'm unsure 87 13.81%
Voters: 630. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2020, 16:25   #751
Senior - BHPian

re: India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Currently I care about whether Big Basket, Amazon Now, Grofers etc etc having any plans to gear up or not.
Where I stay, both Amazon pantry and BigBasket are operational.
Getting delivery slots in BigBasket is difficult but they have been delivering the orders regularly since last couple of weeks.
Amazon has been delivering the next day of the order.
Thanks to both, we have managed to stay indoors for last 2+ weeks.

BigBasket is even exploring community delivery service (take order on behalf of entire apartment instead of individual homes). Don't know if this service is operational.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 13th April 2020 at 16:26.
SilentEngine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 16:28   #752
Senior - BHPian

re: India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Currently I care about whether Big Basket, Amazon Now, Grofers etc etc having any plans to gear up or not.
Amazon pantry wasn't taking any orders but yesterday they finally started delivering to our pin code. Although delivery date is 20th april but I have only ordered stuff which isn't urgent.
Old 13th April 2020, 16:58   #753
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
No point really. This is my last post on this thread.
Then I have no need of answering.

But, by the way: No, Trump was not elected by a large majority. In fact he lost the people's vote. He became president by virtue of how the system works, not by any, let alone a large, majority of the people.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 18:07   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Amazon pantry wasn't taking any orders but yesterday they finally started delivering to our pin code. Although delivery date is 20th april but I have only ordered stuff which isn't urgent.
You can also checkout Flipkart.

I ordered from, and got delivered, fruits, groceries, edible oil, Soya milk, etc from Big Basket and Flipkart.

Ordered on Sunday, delivered on Tuesday - last week.

I had to wait 3 days to be able to order on Big Basket after adding items in the cart.

Also, visited Big Bazar on the same day for veggies. Stocks were depleting fast. Common items like Marie biscuits, Maggi, ready-to-eat pasta, ACT popcorn, etc was unavailable.

Big Bazar also had the audacity to refuse manufacturer discount on oats. 1 kg of oats carried "70/- off" on the packaging. After invoicing, when my wife cross checked the prices and brought to the notice of customer care, they said "this is the last piece, you can take it or leave it!" The discount offered was only 30/-. We let it go since our aim was to get out quickly.

This is in South Bangalore.

Last edited by Safety is Param : 13th April 2020 at 18:16.
Safety is Param is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 18:42   #755
BANNED

It's started

https://www.freepressjournal.in/indi...navirus-crisis

Quote:
In her post on Facebook, journalist Nona Walia said that she was sacked along with the entire team of Sunday magazine. She wrote, "The entire team of Sunday magazine of Times of India asked to leave. Got a call from my boss Poonam Singh.
carboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 18:49   #756
Distinguished - BHPian

Karnataka lockdown update!

So some movement on the lockdown for folks in Karnataka!

From Apr 15, government & private offices to resume functioning, private vehicles, cabs & autos to be allowed except in sealed areas. Educational institutes, religious places, malls, theaters, bars & restaurants to remain closed; no public transport allowed inclusive of buses, trains, flights (other than cargo & goods). The private sector will be allowed with 50% staff while govt institutions will allow 25% to 50% of staff.

A decision is to be taken by the CM on opening liquor places; which I believe will be done with additional constraints (like maybe how WB is allowing it).

Link
ninjatalli is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 19:13   #757
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Karnataka lockdown update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post

...private vehicles, cabs & autos to be allowed except in sealed areas.

Now I feel like going out and banging some vessels!
Old 13th April 2020, 21:15   #758
BANNED

Morgan Stanley says rolling lockdowns will go well into 2021

https://www.ccn.com/dow-jones-chokes...down-timeline/

They are talking about US, but I see it for us also.
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 22:13   #759
Team-BHP Support

An update from Hyderabad.

I had to drop off an expat neighbor to a public location about 12 kms from my home. His embassy had provided a cab, which would take him along with 2 more passengers to Mumbai. Form there they have a flight back home.

So I had to provide my name and details to his embassy. They then provided him a letter from his embassy and addressed to the Indian MEA. It had details on the route and time etc.

Since the time was 8:30 PM, it was empty roads but I had to cross a couple of checkposts. On my onward journey with him towards the central part of the city, the cops did not stop me.
But on my return I had to spend about 5 mins in one checkpost, while the officer in charge actually read all the papers and let me go.

In the second checkpost, they asked my apartment name. Since it happens to be a really large residential complex they asked me general knowledge questions about the building. Since my answers were satisfactory they let me go without further ado.
bblost is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 22:26   #760
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
They are talking about US, but I see it for us also.
Makes sense. Total unrestricted movement is a thing of the past, at least until widespread vaccine availability. Targeted isolation is our foreseeable future.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 22:37   #761
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can someone please translate this? Does it have something to do with the above announcement?

India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020-whatsapp-image-20200413-10.23.38-pm.jpeg
Old 13th April 2020, 22:37   #762
Distinguished - BHPian

Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu lockdown update!

And no surprises - Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra decide to continue the lockdown; a decision in tandem with the consistent rise in infection numbers.

Lockdown to be extended till Apr 30; the MH CM did talk about this yesterday in his online video feed, so this was expected. However, there seem to be no details provided on if there is any relaxation across some of the districts that have minimal or no virus infections.

India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020-mh.jpg

Also, in MH, there was a strong request from the wine and liquor association/bodies to relax production & sales of alcohol with a set of recommendations/suggestions given to the government but doesn't look like any decision has been taken on this.

Thankfully TN seems to have relaxed a few more entities under the allowed aspects - bakery shops to function, pharmaceutical manufacturing to be allowed (with riders).

Sources - 1, 2, 3

------------------------

So the situation seems to be like this
A. Extend lockdown till 30th : Maharashtra, Punjab, Orissa, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Meghalaya
B. End lockdown on 15th : Karnataka

Seems like most of the states will extend the lockdown; with many states possibly making a few amendments on the local scene.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 13th April 2020 at 22:39.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 23:03   #763
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu lockdown update!

Quote:
B. End lockdown on 15th : Karnataka

Seems like most of the states will extend the lockdown; with many states possibly making a few amendments on the local scene.
Isn't Karnataka just proposing to remove some restrictions, and not end the lockdown? This is where it will become a matter of semantics, with 'lockdown' meaning a dozen different things.

The news article clearly mentions reduced operation capacity for places allowed to open, and continued shutdown of public transport and all sorts of gatherings, so it isn't exactly an end of 'lockdown'.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th April 2020 at 23:09.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 23:15   #764
BHPian

Karnataka will undo whatever they achieved in the last three weeks. To revoke the lockdown was a hasty decision.
civic-sense is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 23:20   #765
TRR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Can someone please translate this? Does it have something to do with the above announcement?

Attachment 1993421
Doesn't seem to be anything to do with the lockdown extension (or non-extension). Seems to be similar to the other state government orders to private establishments to not lay off people and to not cut salaries, even if they're put on leave.

Another ill-thought out circular, seemingly aimed at populism and vote-bank exercises.
TRR is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks