Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you support the lockdown extension?
Yes 299 47.46%
No 244 38.73%
I'm unsure 87 13.81%
Voters: 630. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2020, 07:38   #1411
Distinguished - BHPian

re: India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020

A visual quick reference on what can and cannot be done by category. I received this from a friend. It may not be 100% accurate. Directionally correct.
Attached Thumbnails
India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020-img20200501wa0048-002.jpg  

V.Narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 08:04   #1412
BHPian

re: India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
A visual quick reference on what can and cannot be done by category. I received this from a friend. It may not be 100% accurate. Directionally correct.
I don't think buses are allowed in Orange zones. So row 13 , 14 seem wrong. Otherwise, i think it is right.

Also it doesn't talk about the all important category - Liquor, Cigarettes - to be available everywhere, except Containment Zones.

Last edited by DigitalOne : 2nd May 2020 at 08:25. Reason: Added category
DigitalOne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 08:42   #1413
BHPian

Our Ford Freestyle diesel is due for its 20k periodic maintenance. The car has clocked ~9500km from the last periodic maintenance. I usually replace the engine oil on the interval of ~7500 km but this time I couldn’t. Currently, my sister uses the car and she has to commute ~120 km on a daily basis. Usage of vehicle is unavoidable. What can be done in such situation?
Old 2nd May 2020, 09:04   #1414
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A visual quick reference on what can and cannot be done by category.
Not confirmed about salon, but no spa anywhere!! This seems to have more details

https://twitter.com/IGWomenSafety/st...87508968534016

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
Lockdown was only for buying time, what they keep referring to flattening the curve.
Flattening the curve when the total number of known infected people were 650?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
Before lock down, no one knew how India will fare, what if India would have got 1 million infections
Yeah, at 650, you stop everything and at 35K you let everyone travel as now we know about this disease? There is so large jump in infections in a small state of Punjab after few people who had no symptoms returned from Maharashtra & they are only few thousands. Think again, would it not have been easier for everyone, including the Governmennt had we gone into a train lockdown a few days later?

Quote:
There is a tangible reason to believe that infection will not hurt Indians as anticipated, so a gradual cooling down
Is this your own thinking or does the Government also believes this?

Quote:
Don't forget that Government might reimpose harsh lock down again if it feels that situation is going out of control.
Thanks for reminding and letting us know what all the Government can do.

Last edited by Turbanator : 2nd May 2020 at 09:21.
Turbanator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 09:26   #1415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraj.515 View Post
Our Ford Freestyle diesel is due for its 20k periodic maintenance. The car has clocked ~9500km from the last periodic maintenance. I usually replace the engine oil on the interval of ~7500 km but this time I couldn’t. Currently, my sister uses the car and she has to commute ~120 km on a daily basis. Usage of vehicle is unavoidable. What can be done in such situation?
If possible, use another car after covering 500 kms on this. Else, get a oil change done from Ford or anyone else atleast claiming that you fall in essential services category. Oil, air, fuel, cabin filters etc can wait.

Last edited by bharatbits : 2nd May 2020 at 09:27.
bharatbits is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 09:33   #1416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
If possible, use another car after covering 500 kms on this.
No option available as of now.

Quote:
Else, get a oil change done from Ford or anyone else atleast claiming that you fall in essential services category. Oil, air, fuel, cabin filters etc can wait.
I tried contacting the Ford Customer Care explaining the situation. I was told that they can’t help until they’re allowed by the government to operate.

As far as nearby FNGs are concerned, all of them are shut.
Old 2nd May 2020, 10:04   #1417
BHPian

Once again it has been left to the states to decide how much these relaxations would be allowed, if at all. It seems like Delhi and NCR won’t have much relaxation. Once again we are back to square one. It is illogical to put entire districts like Noida and Gurgaon as red zones. I hope other states like Karnataka opening up puts pressure on the ones not doing so.

Quote:
Nothing whatsoever happens if you go a little beyond the recommended deadline. I have always gone at least 25% and sometimes even 50% beyond the recommended interval without any issues on several vehicles. These recommendations are always on the safe side. In real life several tests done on used oil have shown that it had a lot of useful life left. So don’t worry if you go up to 12k or even 15k. After that it might be pushing it a bit. You should of course check and make sure the oil is not low. As a last resort, you can try and see if any FNG or a mechanic could change it somewhere for you.
Lobogris is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 10:07   #1418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
May be my eyes are weak but I don't see any difference between green and orange zone in this comparo.
Old 2nd May 2020, 10:08   #1419
Distinguished - BHPian

Various red, orange and green zones.

India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020-img20200501wa0040.jpg

India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020-img20200501wa0039.jpg

India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020-img20200501wa0041.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 10:10   #1420
BHPian

Quote:
Shell Petrol pumps do the oil changes for free, under usual circumstances. You could try that option if you have one of those in the vicinity.
antz.bin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 10:12   #1421
BHPian

Quote:
I tried contacting the Ford Customer Care explaining the situation. I was told that they can’t help until they’re allowed by the government to operate.
As far as nearby FNGs are concerned, all of them are shut.
Thankfully, i got my car serviced in January. You can exceed the service interval by about 2000 kms but i would not recommend beyond that. Lot of fuel stations sell engine oil and also do complementary oil change. You must find one of them. I am sure Shell does. Check if you have any such places nearby.

Do you think all the cars of the police, doctors, media personnel, ambulances etc on roads today are running past their service interval? Where there's a will, there's a way. There's a BEST bus depot in my neighborhood. If i were in your place, i would probably go there and get the oil changed by one of their mechanics/ technicians/ engineers. Very unusual to do but necessary in the unprecedented times that we are living in. Oil change is quite straight forward but a bit dirty job to do. I would prefer to tip a person who does it on a daily basis and get it done.

Last edited by bharatbits : 2nd May 2020 at 10:24.
bharatbits is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 10:15   #1422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Nothing whatsoever happens if you go a little beyond the recommended deadline. I have always gone at least 25% and sometimes even 50% beyond the recommended interval without any issues on several vehicles. These recommendations are always on the safe side. In real life several tests done on used oil have shown that it had a lot of useful life left. So don’t worry if you go up to 12k or even 15k. After that it might be pushing it a bit. You should of course check and make sure the oil is not low. As a last resort, you can try and see if any FNG or a mechanic could change it somewhere for you.
I think he is concerned of warranty issues and possible denial of future warranty claims since it's a 20k run car.
bharatbits is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 10:27   #1423
Distinguished - BHPian

Covid lockdown effect : Petrol demand declines 61%, diesel down 57% in April-20.

It is speculated that the worst is over as an improvement in demand in the second half of the month is seen.

Quote:
Petrol sales decline of 61% for the full month is an improvement over 64% decline in the first half of April. Similarly, diesel sales for the month fell 56.5%, better than the 61% drop witnessed in the first half of April.
Quote:
Jet fuel sales dropped 91.5% in April, slightly better than 94% drop witnessed in the first half, as increased cargo flights and rescue missions used up some fuel.
Quote:
By contrast, the sale of cooking gas, or liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), which had risen by 21% in the first half of April moderated in the second half. For the full month of April, its sales expanded 12% from a year earlier mainly on increased customer base
Link
Old 2nd May 2020, 10:30   #1424
Team-BHP Support

^^

Isn’t this too high considering everything is closed? I don’t think 40% people are still on the road? Something doesn’t add up.
Old 2nd May 2020, 10:59   #1425
BHPian

I am very busy and haven't really got time to go through this notification. Government might be trying it's best but as long as they keep harping on about the numbers ( positive cases ), there will be no end to this. All this theory of strict lockdown to buy time to ramp up the healthcare infrastructure seems only partially true. I am a Doctor working in the frontline handling the surge in Covid and non-Covid patients both and I know there is nothing much done to address the overall healthcare infrastructure. We have a net deficit of overall beds because of this overzealous approach to Covid-19. Also, don't keep high expectations. Most of these green zones will turn into red zones overnight, the paranoia is that high in Govt. regarding number of positive cases. However, the recent advisory regarding home isolation of asymptomatic positive patients is what I really appreciate A stroke patient within window period was denied by 4 hospitals while I write this. So, hope we take into account the collateral damage seriously. Again, I am praying hard for Sweden. That tiny country is hell bent and not budging. I like such daredevil attitude even if going ahead it doesn't give an expected outcome. Ofcourse, I mean to say we need to be humble and cautious as and when the situation demands, not overconfident all the times. If the virus is dynamic, so are we. We are not going to get scared by its cheap tricks of making people asymptomatically positive and create a havoc unnecessarily.
vivek95 is offline   (17) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks