Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you support the lockdown extension?
Yes 299 47.46%
No 244 38.73%
I'm unsure 87 13.81%
Voters: 630. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2020, 22:32   #2011
BHPian

re: India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020

What is the ruling on Ecommerce sites ?
I mean the likes of Amazon etc ..

Currently 95% of the products do not have shipping.
Fillmore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2020, 23:16   #2012
BHPian

re: India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I am talking of MH.
  • All cities & state borders are almost sealed. Except I think Mumbai/Thane/Navi Mumbai & PMC/PCMC, coz people live in one & work in another. (Similar like NCR)
  • Inter or Intra travel is via pass. Check post at all city entry gate.
  • Issue to resolving workers travelling back on foot is because all will undergo quarantine by receiving state.

New guidelines regarding Interstate Public transport is for respective states to decide.

Technically, anyone can be arrested if found in curfew hours.
Yes.

PS : Adding a screenshot of open & closed Decathlon stores across India as of today, so one gets an idea of how red /green/ yellow zones work.

Source :
https://d1314cmsbd81ch.cloudfront.ne...res-covid-2020
Attached Thumbnails
India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020-eyo23pkxsayooqc.jpeg  

India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020-screenshot_20200517231309.png  

Attached Images

Last edited by ritz3645 : 17th May 2020 at 23:18. Reason: Typo
ritz3645 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th May 2020, 23:18   #2013
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Rampukar Pandit, who became a snapshot of India’s migrant tragedy with his photograph speaking on the phone on a Delhi roadside, is back in Bihar, broken at not being able to meet his son before he died and despairing about the future.
His words have made me too numb
The lockdown has now been extended with some relaxations which seems more like a design to thwart criticism than to actually have a vision going forward. The picture of Ramkumar Pandit along with another video of a family cycling from Punjab with two children on a cycle and one infant in the mother’s lap that I saw on BBC Hindi made me cry few days back. The family was talking to the reporter and crying that he has no where to go and the police is not letting him cycle towards his home place but instead beating him. As he cried, I cried too. Sorry for being little melodramatic here but what has happened to the migrant workers because of the lockdown is inhuman and dastardly. We may build as many satellites and highways and latest guns and what not in the future but we will never be absolved of these cruel atrocities on our own countrymen !!
ABHI_1512 is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 17th May 2020, 23:21   #2014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post

In Gurgaon all products are available for shipping from Amazon, with good delivery times. May be a supply chain issue in your region.

Last edited by born_free : 17th May 2020 at 23:27.
born_free is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 00:34   #2015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
People who are having more than 1 mobile connections are giving up the subscriptions due to economic turmoil, that’s all.
I suspect its not that simple. When the numbers first came out, a theory put forward was that a large number of migrant population must have gone back to their home province around the time of the new year, and maybe they didn't continue their roaming/outstation subscription. Which begs the question - was the spread much more wide than just Hubei province? Surely 15 million connections did not just relocate from Hubei?

And if we concede that no, 15 million connections mean that the disease was more wide spread than reported, then all of the official data reported can be questioned. Does anyone seriously believe Wuhan is seeing single digit cases in its second wave, as officially reported?

Even considering the relocation theory, the HUGE number of disconnections can't be accounted for by just that. China Mobile's numbers alone were mind boggling. Also consider this data is just over 2 months. The count just fell off a cliff.

Telecom providers world wide follow a concept of Dunning or Collections which allows upto 90 days approximately of use for post paid and at least 45 days for prepaid / pay as you go connections. Unless the Chinese are very strict in disconnecting connections the moment someone stops topping up or paying bills!

Also I find it hard to believe that for a country which basically has 3 big pan-national providers, people just kept on taking and paying for multiple roaming subscriptions. There's definitely more here than meets the eye but we'll likely never know.

Edit - one surefire way of checking the multiple subscriptions theory is following connection count over the next 6 months. Historically numbers have remained more or less stagnant before the fall this January. If numbers go up sharply in the next 6 months to even somewhat close as before, I'll eat humble pie.

Last edited by digitalnirvana : 18th May 2020 at 00:49.
digitalnirvana is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 02:57   #2016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Sorry for being little melodramatic here but what has happened to the migrant workers because of the lockdown is inhuman and dastardly. !!
Nothing wrong in you being melodramatic. I would say, the Covid scare and panic is way more inhuman and dastardly. Anyhow, we are still overwhelmed with the entire focus shifted only on this stupid Covid. Mumbai has collapsed.
vivek95 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 04:26   #2017
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
Ofcourse, nobody can compete with China. In hiding and suppressing information.

What an absolutely phenomenal role model to have.
The level of control the CPC exercises over its citizens is quite shocking.

People who'd like to know more can read this international bestseller, "Wild Swans - Three Daughters of China."

https://www.amazon.com.au/Wild-Swans...9755822&sr=8-1

However, is it wise for people living in a glass house to throw stones at others?

If the rest of the world took a page from India's response then probably there was no Community Spread of COVID-19 anywhere in the world. No one would have reached Stage-3 by this logic. All cases to be traced back to the Wuhan market.

90K+ cases and 53K+ active cases and India doesn't have community spread. If people believe that but question China's transparency (or the lack of) then it's the heights of irony.

Last edited by kiku007 : 18th May 2020 at 04:27.
kiku007 is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 09:37   #2018
BHPian

Quote:

I am sure you may have seen items are now available on Amazon for Bangalore. However the delivery times are not next day for many non essentials. I am going through my wish list to see what i really need
yajaman99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 09:56   #2019
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

In green zones (like here in Kerala for instance), it is business as usual - all products ship and they are delivered within the pre-covid timeframes.
Gannu_1 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 10:26   #2020
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
In green zones (like here in Kerala for instance), it is business as usual - all products ship and they are delivered within the pre-covid timeframes.
Amazon now shows that all products including non essentials are delivered to my location (Bangalore) which wasn't the case till yesterday.

Also, the news article confirms things are back to normal when it comes to eCommerce deliveries.

https://m.economictimes.com/small-bi...w/75792133.cms
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 11:44   #2021
BHPian

When the 1st lockdown was enforced, we had 500 positive cases. Today, as we enter the 4th lockdown - we are nearing 100,000 cases. Things are only going to go worse from here.

I'm sure a lot of states will be going for a 5th lockdown as well. India reported its 1st Covid-19 case on January 30. Maybe the month of February could have been used to be better prepared in terms of PPE kits, hospital facilities and other essentials to fight the pandemic?

Our Honourable PM recently said that said that India started the screening process of International passengers from January 17. I believe he is grossly misinformed by bureaucrats - I myself travelled during the 2nd half of March and had no form of screening whatsoever.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but no other country has enforced lockdowns (1st to 3rd) of this magnitude across the globe. Not even China.

Yes, some countries may have performed stringent lockdowns but only in high containment zones.

Other nation-wide lockdowns have been less strict - whether it's the UK or USA. And those nations are paying for it by continuing to have hundreds of deaths per day.

Despite our strict measures, cases are on the rise. I hope the govt at the Centre and States do an introspection and take the RIGHTs and WRONGs from this pandemic moving forward.

Last edited by JojyKerala : 18th May 2020 at 11:58. Reason: Typo
JojyKerala is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 11:55   #2022
BHPian

We had the lockdowns of the sake of it. The government is not strict enough and the public is not aware of the depth of problem.

After the first lockdown, It felt like the lockdown is only applicable to the virus , not the people .

People are roaming freely where I live in Bangalore, without any mask or concept of social distancing.

I never expected this much increase in cases even after all these lockdowns.
Old 18th May 2020, 12:14   #2023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JojyKerala View Post
Our Honourable PM recently said that said that India started the screening process of International passengers from January 17. I believe he is grossly misinformed by bureaucrats - I myself travelled during the 2nd half of March and had no form of screening whatsoever.
Well the PM is technically close - screening of passengers from China started from Jan 21st. Check this post (The Coronavirus Thread) for Covid-19 timeline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JojyKerala View Post
I hope the govt at the Centre and States do an introspection and take the RIGHTs and WRONGs for this pandemic moving forward.
I bet that won't happen. All Govts want to pat themselves that they did right & nobody would have done it better.

BTW, as per Union health minister Harsh Vardhan on May 17,
Quote:
coronavirus cases in India reached the 80,000 mark in 106 days while developed nations such as the UK, Italy, Spain, Germany and the US took 44-66 days to reach that mark.
Looks like there is race on who will reach 1-lakh slowest & India is the winner
Quote:
doubling time of coronavirus infection in India has improved to 13.6 days in the last 3 days from 11.5 in the past 14 days
This means, since we stand at 1-lakh mark, we will reach 2-lakh mark by May 31st at the current rate.

That is why I have been suggesting to monitor the 'Daily New Cases' metric as measure of covid-19 epidemic spread & control . By this metric, let's see how the countries are doing as on May 18th:

1) USA: From daily highs 35,000 in mid-April, news cases have dropped to 20,000

2) Italy: From daily highs 6,000 in March-end, news cases have dropped to 600s

3) Spain: From daily highs 7,000 in early-April, news cases have dropped to 1,500s

India, the daily new cases are increasing. It was 100 when Lockdown 1.0 was announced, it was 1000 when Lockdown 2.0 was announced, it was 3,000 when Lockdown 3.0 was announced and now it is in 5,000s when Lockdown 4.0 is announced.
msdivy is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 12:38   #2024
Senior - BHPian

When was it declared that Vampires are now spreading Corona? That must have been a good reason for the night curfew 7pm to 7am, correct? Maybe next time, they can tell people to carry garlic and other vampire repelling stuff if they want to roam at dusk or dawn, just to keep those pesky zombies and vampires in control.
ani_meher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 12:39   #2025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Well the PM is technically close - screening of passengers from China started from Jan 21st. Check this post (The Coronavirus Thread) for Covid-19 timeline.
I know one Chinese family who entered India on first week of Jan and were screened at the airport, whole passengers of that flight were screened. At that time even they were not aware of the seriousness of the situation and it was just a small news from wuhan.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks