Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2020, 19:47   #91
BHPian

Re: How are you spending time in the lockdown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Finally took the trimmer a did a 0.5 inch tonsuring.
I also had my last haircut a month back and with the onset of summers, I was thinking to give myself a buzz cut. I was like they would probably grow back in a month or so but I immediately was given an ultimatum by the home minister that if I dared to do so, I would be put under room quarantine until my hair grows back and if it doesn't only god knows what would happen

PS: As V. Narayan Sir said, let's look at you pretty boy
Old 7th April 2020, 19:53   #92
Senior - BHPian

Here is a peek from the rear. My daughter is responsible for this. . She went a little in to overdrive. As I told never attempt this at home.
Attached Thumbnails
How are you spending time in the lockdown?-20200407_194842.jpg  

Last edited by poloman : 7th April 2020 at 19:55.
poloman is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 7th April 2020, 20:16   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
I have been indulging in some cooking for the family
Those are all very top notch. Very pro! I am a vegetarian, but mouth waters!

Quote:
Had a horrendous time cutting my hair.
Haha! My haircut is long overdue as well. Typically I need to have haircut once a month. Now it's gone well past and I increasingly feel more and more like Tarzan with every passing day.
Old 7th April 2020, 20:22   #94
BHPian

I have thick and dense hairs. With increasing temperature day by day, I was feeling the heat in my head. And with all the sweat, hairs were becoming very messy.
So I allowed my better half to cut my hair. she used multipurpose kitchen scissors and my beard trimmer. She enjoyed it a lot and found a new passion for herself, and now wants to cut my hairs every time .
I rather not talk about the results, it is more like a - 'katora cut'
INJAXN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2020, 20:30   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had a horrendous time cutting my hair. I had a hair cut around 3 months back and was getting super uncomfortable in the heat. My wife and daughter tried their level best, but could not salvage the odd rat bite like patches. Finally took the trimmer a did a 0.5 inch tonsuring.

Advise other BHPians not to venture in to this misadventure. This is a super difficult task. Hope the lock down get extended and the hair grows back by the time office reopens.
Sorry man. I am sure your wife and daughter had a good time.
I always used to tell my barber to experiment a bit since the hair will grow back in a month's time. I had learned hair cut in my hostel days and we always used to have a few guinea pigs in the first week when we actually started cutting hair as a beginner. Later own I had my own loyal clients.

And I have to get a hair cut every month. I was in the same situation as yours. Luckily, my wife has been her own hair stylist for a few years now (and very good at that). She tries different hair styles and she is in huge demand when we visit our parents (my nieces and their friends and my sister-in-law will be after her). Although she had never cut a boy's hair earlier, she did a pretty good job of cutting my hair last weekend. Even though I can do hair cuts I do not think I would ever be able to cut my own hair. It always baffles me how my wife does it.

If this lock down continues, you can give your wife and daughter a couple of more chances and who knows they might do a good job by then. I think the lock down will teach a lot of people a lot of new skills.

Last edited by pjbiju : 7th April 2020 at 20:34.
pjbiju is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th April 2020, 22:58   #96
Senior - BHPian

Full Moon tonight...Nikon D610+Tamron 150-600mm handheld a few minutes back..
Attached Thumbnails
How are you spending time in the lockdown?-dsc_81322.jpg  

Durango Dude is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 05:59   #97
BANNED

Photography is what I've chosen and started to learn a bit more in detail during this period. Tried with the Nikon D3400 with the kit lens (18-55mm & 70-300mm).

ISO: 800 ; Aperture:f/6.3 ; Exposure: 1/1250 (clicked 4 days ago)
How are you spending time in the lockdown?-dsc_0456__01.jpg

ISO: 800 ; Aperture:f/6.3 ; Exposure time: 1/200
How are you spending time in the lockdown?-dsc_0376__01.jpg

ISO: 100 ; Aperture:f/8.0 ; Exposure time: 1/125
How are you spending time in the lockdown?-dsc_0311__01.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Full Moon tonight...Nikon D610+Tamron 150-600mm handheld a few minutes back.
Lovely capture sir.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 09:25   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Photography is what I've chosen and started to learn a bit more in detail during this period. Tried with the Nikon D3400 with the kit lens (18-55mm & 70-300mm).
The full moon was quite a splendid sight yesterday! Here is another picture with the saturation levels bumped up high to reveal the true colors of minerals. It is a stacked image of 100 exposures at 500mm, ISO 100, F/7.1, 1/15s.

On a related note, the second picture is of the full moon in February 2020. Got lucky with the composition!

Thanks
Akshay
Attached Thumbnails
How are you spending time in the lockdown?-dsc_0872_lapl4_ap14275_conv_color1.jpg  

How are you spending time in the lockdown?-dsc_03322.jpg  

akshay87kumar is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 13:29   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
I have been indulging in some cooking for the family
I am self inviting myself to your place, whenever I am in Pune !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
But now, the situation has changed and the last weekend felt like any ordinary day! In fact, I'm glad to have some work to do, otherwise would have been a totally different situation. How are you guys doing it? Any tips to differentiate the weekend in these situations?
Weekends means No Study for the Kids ! They get that extra time and I prefer playing some board game with them during those hours.

Recently Doordarshan has kept our generation busy though. Trying to make the kids watch, Mahabharat/ Chanakya and Jungle Book !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Yes it really did bring back good old memories. I was surprised when the VCR was working, but then after all " It's a made in Japan" product so it's mandatory that it should work.
As a kid, I remember giving my grandfather's VCR a through wash. It still worked after that

Quote:
Had a horrendous time cutting my hair. I had a hair cut around 3 months back and was getting super uncomfortable in the heat. My wife and daughter tried their level best, but could not salvage the odd rat bite like patches. Finally took the trimmer a did a 0.5 inch tonsuring.
I was lucky that on 21st of March, me and my son went for a Hair Cut. Asked the barber to use the Clipper with the 4.5 attachment for both me and my son. A picture :
How are you spending time in the lockdown?-92437541_10158205849310768_745731890249465856_o.jpg

Although the family had a good laugh at us !

Quote:
Here is a peek from the rear. My daughter is responsible for this. . She went a little in to overdrive. As I told never attempt this at home.
There is time, enjoy it till it lasts !
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 15:19   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
Those are all very top notch. Very pro! I am a vegetarian, but mouth waters!
Thanks buddy. My wife is a vegetarian (but she cooks super tasty non-veg dishes including biriyanis without ever tasting them) and so I end up cooking veg dishes as well. Unfortunately with the lock down, getting some of the stuff like mushrooms, broccoli etc. which I love to use, is difficult. So we ended up having a lot of paneer. Also we have an OTG, air fryer, a Chinese wok, and a couple of cast iron skillets that help in cooking all these dishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
I am self inviting myself to your place, whenever I am in Pune !!
You are most welcome. Cooking is a big stress buster for me.

We also end up watching a lot of movies (netflix, prime, hotstar etc.) every day.
pjbiju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 22:11   #101
BHPian

I have started watching the INB travel series by Tech Travel Eat ( Youtube Channel) for the second time now.

For people who are unaware, INB reffers to India-Nepal-Bhutan Road trip by Sujith Bhakthan and Emil George.

The beauty of this travel vlog is that it is documented in a very interesting manner with funny talks, tips on how to enter Nepal and Bhutan from India and so on. The travel was in a relaxed manner that each destination and scenic locations are pictured beautifully.

Sujith Bhakthan also happens to be the the person who took the delivery of the first MG Hector in Kerala.

They were also planning a road trip to Singapore in the Hector this summer but the Corona virus has delayed the plans now.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...GF04PfJul74NCA

P.S - I am not afflicated to the Tech Travel Eat team nor do I know Sujith Bakthan personally.
Wanted to share this beautiful vlog with fellow BHPians.

Last edited by Tojo_GotBhp : 8th April 2020 at 22:15.
Tojo_GotBhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 22:27   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo_GotBhp View Post
I have started watching the INB travel series by Tech Travel Eat ( Youtube Channel) for the second time now.

P.S - I am not afflicated to the Tech Travel Eat team nor do I know Sujith Bakthan personally.
Wanted to share this beautiful vlog with fellow BHPians.
On a similar note I will recommend another Vlogger - Travelling Desi by Mohit Manocha. Very well presented and full of information. In fact you can plan an entire trip based on his coverage. Coincidentally he lives in my City itself so I hope we will meet someday.

Last edited by harry10 : 8th April 2020 at 22:29.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 02:42   #103
Senior - BHPian

Coincidentally I too gave myself a buzz cut at home !! Around the time the lockdown started it was just about time for a haircut so it started annoying me and this weekend I got out the trimmer and gave myself a buzz. Left it a little longer on the top which for some reason decided that it wants to lie completely flat now that it's shorter than usual making me look a little "bhondu". I did it myself even though my wife is a trained and very good hair stylist with her own salon although she only does women's hair. Overall it was decent and she helped with the blending and rough bits at the back.
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 03:34   #104
Senior - BHPian

Getting extremely irritated. Other than working at home, I watch movies/TV series on my laptop and cook all my meals
Old 9th April 2020, 07:16   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That's one brave man. Congratulations. Give your little daughter my compliments.

In my residential complex the cops are not permitting even walking in the park which is within the complex! For some days I was flustered. Then I tried walking in the long driveways of the complex and got bumped off that too. So now I walk in the basement parking which has a perimeter of over 1000 metres.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 9th April 2020 at 07:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks