Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Old 7th April 2020, 19:47   #91
BHPian

Default Re: How are you spending time in the lockdown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Finally took the trimmer a did a 0.5 inch tonsuring.
I also had my last haircut a month back and with the onset of summers, I was thinking to give myself a buzz cut. I was like they would probably grow back in a month or so but I immediately was given an ultimatum by the home minister that if I dared to do so, I would be put under room quarantine until my hair grows back and if it doesn't only god knows what would happen

PS: As V. Narayan Sir said, let's look at you pretty boy
Old 7th April 2020, 19:53   #92
Senior - BHPian

Here is a peek from the rear. My daughter is responsible for this. . She went a little in to overdrive. As I told never attempt this at home.
Attached Thumbnails
How are you spending time in the lockdown?-20200407_194842.jpg  

Last edited by poloman : 7th April 2020 at 19:55.
poloman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2020, 20:16   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
I have been indulging in some cooking for the family
Those are all very top notch. Very pro! I am a vegetarian, but mouth waters!

Quote:
Had a horrendous time cutting my hair.
Haha! My haircut is long overdue as well. Typically I need to have haircut once a month. Now it's gone well past and I increasingly feel more and more like Tarzan with every passing day.
Old 7th April 2020, 20:22   #94
BHPian

I have thick and dense hairs. With increasing temperature day by day, I was feeling the heat in my head. And with all the sweat, hairs were becoming very messy.
So I allowed my better half to cut my hair. she used multipurpose kitchen scissors and my beard trimmer. She enjoyed it a lot and found a new passion for herself, and now wants to cut my hairs every time .
I rather not talk about the results, it is more like a - 'katora cut'
Old 7th April 2020, 20:30   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had a horrendous time cutting my hair. I had a hair cut around 3 months back and was getting super uncomfortable in the heat. My wife and daughter tried their level best, but could not salvage the odd rat bite like patches. Finally took the trimmer a did a 0.5 inch tonsuring.

Advise other BHPians not to venture in to this misadventure. This is a super difficult task. Hope the lock down get extended and the hair grows back by the time office reopens.
Sorry man. I am sure your wife and daughter had a good time.
I always used to tell my barber to experiment a bit since the hair will grow back in a month's time. I had learned hair cut in my hostel days and we always used to have a few guinea pigs in the first week when we actually started cutting hair as a beginner. Later own I had my own loyal clients.

And I have to get a hair cut every month. I was in the same situation as yours. Luckily, my wife has been her own hair stylist for a few years now (and very good at that). She tries different hair styles and she is in huge demand when we visit our parents (my nieces and their friends and my sister-in-law will be after her). Although she had never cut a boy's hair earlier, she did a pretty good job of cutting my hair last weekend. Even though I can do hair cuts I do not think I would ever be able to cut my own hair. It always baffles me how my wife does it.

If this lock down continues, you can give your wife and daughter a couple of more chances and who knows they might do a good job by then. I think the lock down will teach a lot of people a lot of new skills.

Last edited by pjbiju : 7th April 2020 at 20:34.
pjbiju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2020, 22:58   #96
Senior - BHPian

Full Moon tonight...Nikon D610+Tamron 150-600mm handheld a few minutes back..
Attached Thumbnails
How are you spending time in the lockdown?-dsc_81322.jpg  

Durango Dude is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed