Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2020, 22:46   #1
BHPian

How are you spending time in the lockdown?

In this scenario of a Global Pandemic where everyone is indoors breaking the chain for the COVID-19 virus, it would be interesting to see how each one of us is spending our time in this Lockdown.

How are you spending time in the lockdown?-20200324_221845c.jpg

There was a related thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...me-office.html (Working from home? Show us your home office) where everyone showed their "work from home" arrangement.

However, this thread is about sharing pictures and enlisting things that we are doing during this Complete Lockdown Period. Let's all make this a fun thread !!

It seems we have already gone back in time ! Doing things we used to do as kids. I am enlisting things that I have already done in these couple of days which I have not been able to do in the regular coarse of time.
  1. Spending Time with Family/ Kids : Playing Board Games/ Chess, Spending Time Building Blocks/ Lego and playing the "Name-Place-Animal-Thing"
  2. The Household Chores: Considering the fact that the part time domestic helps have been given leave (with pay) during this period, our household has a hand full of things to be done and we all collectively are at it and enjoying every bit of it. Everyday we are taking up one room at a time and cleaning every nook and corner of the house collectively in this manner.
  3. Time for Some Music : From Listening to Some All Time Favourite Music to playing the Instrument which has been in the cupboard for years. Daughter is playing her Violin and entertaining us and I am strumming the guitar to give her company
  4. Spending sometime with the Idiot Box : Watching the National/ International News and Catching up on all the Content in the Watchlist of PRIME/ NETFLIX/ HOTSTAR
  5. Working from Home : Finishing some piled and pending work and prepping up for the Financial Year Ending 2019-2020. Preparing to book losses
  6. Spending Time on Team-BHP : In the Last couple of years, I have very sparingly had time to be active on the Forum and spend time on the same. Cherishing every bit of it !
  7. Sleeping in the Day : Last but not the least, a very rare thing these days; even on Sundays. Time to catch up on a lot of Lost Sleep.
In the Pipeline :
  • Reading the Bhagawad Gita
  • Focusing on not gaining unwanted weight and not to be a couch potato

Sharing a couple of pictures of my effort with my 9 year old daughter and 4 year old son in creating a 'Car Enthusiasts Dream Home' :

How are you spending time in the lockdown?-20200326_164854c.jpg

How are you spending time in the lockdown?-20200326_164949c.jpg

The Garage is What is Important. It already needs some replacement !!

Would love to hear more from fellow BHPians about their Experiences and Agenda for the coming weeks.
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 10:58   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: How are you spending time in the lockdown?

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Shifting Gears Section. Thanks for sharing!

I'm maintaining more or less the same schedule as idle time really gets to me. I'm not one who can sit & do nothing. I'm waking up early, working the entire day, having my meals / shower at the same time as a regular working day, gym'ing in the evening (lucky to have a gym @ home) and on the terrace at night with the family.

Really missing my cars & test-drives :(
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 12:06   #3
AZT
BHPian

Not being able to hit the gym is a pain. Work and Netflix have been keeping me busy for now, planning to catch up on some reading over the weekend. Mumbai has been on lockdown since before the nation and me and my friends are starting to get frustrated. There is something very depressing about being indoors all day, China already has a mental health crisis.

How are you spending time in the lockdown?-mental-health.jpg
AZT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 12:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

It is testing times like these, that really teach us who are the people that really care about us. I really thought my mom and my wife would be the two people who always keep thinking of me and wonder what I am up to, that is quite natural isn't it?

But there is one more person, whom I never had even imagined, who thinks more about me and what I am up to every hour. He really keeps checking on me to know about my well being and my activities on a timely manner and has left me so touched. I have never done this, but I really should go give him a nice hug the next time I meet him.

Its my Boss, and well yes, I am working from home!

Last edited by aravind.anand : 27th March 2020 at 12:10.
aravind.anand is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 12:27   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

It's really important for us to get some sunlight in the morning (7-9 AM) or in the evening (4-6 PM) when UV is lowest, maybe in your terrace. What can happen with 3 weeks of no sunlight exposure? You may develop Vitamin D3 deficiency, which caused me aches in my tail-bone and a general degeneration in health (reduced immunity, tiredness etc.). Although my deficiency was a direct outcome of a few years worth of winter-time lockdown in the US...
locusjag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 12:41   #6
BHPian

I've been driving around all day. Really.

Fired up my 15 year old desktop to play the game that was shipped with the computer back in 2005: Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed
How are you spending time in the lockdown?-img_20200127_164508.jpg

Most of the time though, I'm on my laptop playing another old game: Need For Speed Most Wanted
How are you spending time in the lockdown?-img20200327123440.jpg

I have a couple of assignments that I need to submit when college reopens, but I'm taking it easy since I don't know when/if college will reopen this semester
boniver is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 13:13   #7
BHPian

I have restarted stock trading, out of boredom. Good time pass, right from morning 7.00 till 3.00 in the afternoon.

Made 3000 bucks today, which I am on the lookout to splurge (on stocks of course) as I write.
deepfusion is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 13:14   #8
Senior - BHPian

Combination of the below rough but nearly approximate estimates most of them.
All with family hence nothing separately

Laptop / Emails / Browsing - 2 hours
Mobile Usage - whatsapp / Socail Media / Youtube - 3 hours
Excercise - 1 hour
Sleep - 8 Hours
Netflix / TV / News - Big screen basically - 2 hours
Books / Reading - 1 Hour
Food - 1 Hour
Leisure staring at window - 1 Hour
Phonecalls Audio / work / friends / family - 2 hours
Eating - 1 Hour
Cleaning / Household Chores - 1 Hour
Leisure Music and evening - 1 Hour.

Basically do all the above.
vkochar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 13:25   #9
BHPian

With the lockdown till 15th April which, if our public carelessness continues, will surely be extended because our Covidiots are defying all orders, here are my lock down activities.

1. Clean up and arrange all the cupboards, shelves and book cases in my home. This includes the kitchen racks, storage containers and utensils.
Segregate clothes for donation and arrange the rest.

2. Sort out all my books and discard / keep for donation books that do not interest me. Then re-arrange the book shelves again. Start reading again since there is enough time now.

3. Learn to cook better dishes from mom. Fine tune my cooking skills and note down the recipes for future reference.

4. I have 3 unplayed PS4 games which I need to complete in all difficulty modes.

I am praying the spread of the virus is contained but I feel this lockdown is going to be extended at least by another fortnight or month. Our educated illiterates are not co-operating with our authorities.
Ithaca is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 13:33   #10
BHPian

Working from home, most of the time, and some activities like this to keep my son busy.
How are you spending time in the lockdown?-img_20200327_125528381.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 27th March 2020 at 22:40. Reason: Picture inserte din-line.
black_rider is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 13:37   #11
Senior - BHPian

Been pretty good so far

- Working from home so most of the day is spent there
- Cooking/Cleaning/Dusting since there are no maids
- Catching up on some of the missing sleep over the last few weeks
- Playing video games - Doom Eternal just released
- Exercise - walking/running in within our gated community while maintaining social distancing.
- Calling loved ones when possible
- Gardening in the evening
reignofchaos is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 14:32   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quite frankly this is the WORST time for a lockdown.
Quarter endings are always the most taxing times for orders, revenues and cash collections. And to compound the problem there is no means (except phone) to reach out to the "mai baap" (customer) who himself is not so clear about future spendings.

I have never seen a situation before this where in spite of being at home I don't have time for myself or family!
alpha1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 14:57   #13

Going really good!! Have been detailing my cars as thats the best thing I can do as of now.
I applied a layer of 3M One Step Rubbing Compound for polish and post that applied Soft99 Hard Wax for the finish!!
Uploaded the pictures below. Wasn't able to upload the video.

How are you spending time in the lockdown?-579809ede15e4faa9a0572e426df3d69.jpeg

How are you spending time in the lockdown?-5b5135f7c4254870ad094f4fe00e90fe.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 27th March 2020 at 22:49. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
krsna_ksh is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 22:21   #14
BHPian

Quote:
I have a couple of assignments that I need to submit when college reopens, but I'm taking it easy since I don't know when/if college will reopen this semester
I will pray for cancellation of your exams @boniver and promotion to the next semester.

Last edited by Abhinav V : 27th March 2020 at 22:23.
Abhinav V is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 23:18   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav V View Post
I will pray for cancellation of your exams @boniver and promotion to the next semester.
Thank you, Abhinav! Fortunately (or not), this is my last semester
Hoping for things to end quickly because I'm excited to start my Masters soon!
boniver is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed