Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2020, 18:34   #46
BHPian

Re: IVF: A few precious eggs, a million reluctant sperms & a medical miracle!

Congratulations!
And so well written!

Our journey did not involve IVF, but a similar roller coaster of emotions. My wife also had PCOD and went through 2 miscarriages. Third time we were extra careful with complete bed rest. Couple of times on spotting blood, we rushed to the hospital like the previous times, but thankfully it was nothing to worry about. Although was not lucky the third time.
The pregnancy was heterotopic. A rare condition where pregnancy happens both inside and outside the uterus. The outside pregnancy was in one of the two tubes. She was taken for a risky(for mother) but unavoidable surgery for removing the tube. And it was a success. The doctors could remove the non viable tube pregnancy without affecting the normal uterus pregnancy.
Many weeks went by without incident. On her third trimester(around 8th month), during the routine scan, the doctor suspected the baby having Microcephaly, a birth defect where the baby's brain growth is not normal. Two further scans at other locations confirmed the same. This, when we thought that we have returned to normalcy after all the pain and suffering we had gone through.
But you know what, the fourth scan turned out to be normal and in couple of weeks a healthy perfect baby girl was born. Relief and Joy!!
The story doesnt end there, 5 years later my wife was pregnant again. At 6th month the cervix dilated and had to go through inevitable abortion.
Its been 1 year since then and we have decided, no more babies for us.

Our trusted Doctor through out this journey was Dr Chitra from Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore.
kit_dennis is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2020, 18:36   #47

Hearty Congratulations Hunter 3077,
Its wonderful to see how we find light in darkest of times. My best wishes for Dhruv, and the proud parents. For a Man nothing can beat the happiness of seeing tears of Joy in his lady's eyes. I appreciate your attitude to support Druv's Mom, standing tall by her side during the time and sharing the pain and most importantly salute to Druv's Mother for enduring all the pain throughout the period. Happy Parenting.
The post-partum period is equally crucial for both Mother and child, take good care. Stay Happy.
On a side note:
Your story reminds me of my friend who had a similar journey, the only difference was the successful IVF and age. My friend is in early 50 and his wife in late 40's and it was their last attempt before she would go into menopausal stage and miracle happened. They are a happy family and he calls his son "OM".
Prime is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2020, 19:26   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Congratulations, a touching tale, priceless emotions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijay Narang View Post
Congrats and best wishes. Always stay blessed..
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
Firstly, welcome to parenthood! I would say, this is where life
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
Hi gentleman, this is such a beautiful thread. I never expected to read about IVF in teamBHP and I feel lucky that I ran into your thread.Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_ritz View Post
Thank for sharing a wonderful story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireless View Post
I was deeply moved by your story. The pain, anguish, highs & lows all were floating in front of eyes. The words were simple and concise, yet brought tears !
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboNath View Post
This was truly an overwhelming tale of so many human emotions put together. Thank you for sharing this experience. Congratulations ! My best wishes for you and your beautiful family
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikertillidie View Post
Congratulations on attaining fatherhood.
Life will never be the same again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by behaln View Post
Many congratulations to you and your wife for the baby boy.Wishing your son a long, successful and healthy life ahead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
I am spellbound! It's like those Harry Potter novels, LUMOS and here you have your wonderful light/bundle of joy! I was sullen with each passing paragraph, and finally this. Keeping it simple, congratulations to the new dad and mom! May lord ever bless his showerings on you guys.Cheers! VJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchsvy View Post
Congratulations! A rollercoaster of emotions, I can only imagine how it must have been for both of you.Kudos to your wife, she is a real hero.I had a tear of joy reading this. And your narration skills, sir, take a bow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kit_dennis View Post
Congratulations!And so well written!Our journey did not involve IVF, but a similar roller coaster of emotions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Hearty Congratulations Hunter 3077,
Stay Happy.
Thanks to each and every one of the members who have read through the experience and for the wonderful wishes to Dhruv and our family. To be very honest, I did not realise that the write up would invoke such a magnitude of response replete with many such instances of struggle and happy endings.
I am humbled by the magnanimous appreciation.
I have always believed that 'team-bhp' is a forum that encompasses everything under the Sun. Four wheelers, two wheelers, vacation destinations, road conditions, domestic/foreign tourism, photography, gadgets, Corona(!) and now IVF! Hoping for many such stories to keep surfacing from time to time and keep the positive spirit ebbing and flowing in all of us.
Cheers guys.
Hunter3077 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th April 2020, 01:12   #49
BHPian

Your knack of writing made us travel with you and feel each and every moment of what you went through. Kudos to both of you for staying strong and positive throughout this phase. As they say, "All is well, that ends well". Hearty wishes for a happier life ahead.

Regards,
Vaishak
vaish9925 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2020, 08:48   #50
BHPian

An amazing journey with a happy ending. A gripping narrative style and I felt like I travelled with you

Enjoy fatherhood and our wishes to you and your family. As many have told before Women maybe physically weak but mentally they are very strong.

It does take guts to pen such intimate information and I salute you for this article which could spark a hope in other 'would be' parents who are looking for information on this topic.

This condition PCOS seems to be too common in the current generation and don't know what wrong we are doing. Is it food or stress or god knows what. Whenever I am at a Gynaec for my wife there are atleast 3 or 4 ladies under treatment for the same.
pugram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2020, 11:14   #51
BHPian

Hearty Congratulations, Hunter. I could feel the pain, hope & emotions, you and your wife had gone through this process. When we think that all doors are closed, God opens new doors for us which we had never think of. This is called miracle and such incidents in our life instills faith in God.

The way your unit stand besides you in this crucial period shows the true character of our forces. Congratulations again. Thanks for sharing. It was very emotional but equally informative too.
RahuKetu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2020, 13:05   #52

Congratulation Hunter, what a journey it has been and i was glued to this emotional roller coaster. Do write more.
Ali3n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2020, 14:15   #53
BHPian

When people ask what my interests are I usually say cars and Team Bhp. Then they get puzzled and reply aren't they the same thing. Should send a link of this thread to make them understand what I mean.

Beautifully written thread and congratulations on the little one.
anandhsub is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2020, 16:32   #54
BHPian

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. For someone who is in between the process it is always a welcome plethora of information. We have had two egg pickups now with a total of 4 embryos which are frozen for implantation at a later stage since my wife needs to go through a 'histroscopy' before the implantation goes through and we decided to take a break for her body and mind need to recuperate after multiple 'IUI's' and the IVF process with two egg pickups.

It's been an up and down story for us and i can completely relate to what you must have gone through. Thank you once again for sharing gives us an added strength to plough through this experience.
rugsrags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2020, 19:53   #55
BHPian

Congratulations to your wife and to yourself Hunter. It takes a lot of courage and strength to pen down such an experience. Your story heightened my spirits by its positivity and reaffirmed my faith in the higher power that looks after us. I could completely connect with your experience having worn in the blues myself. Happy parenting.
Zen Av8r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2020, 20:27   #56

That was indeed a great story. Congratulations on the cute bundle of joy and let that moment be cherished forever. To quote my story, my wife & I faced a similar situation. We were married for 6 years and with no success on the baby part. We tried Ayurveda, Siddha, Halopathy, Homeopathy each treatment for almost a year. The dejections, mental torture, late night cryings could never be consoled and with the fact that our society always asks a couple as to when are you going to say the good news added to the agony. Our case was though pretty much simple. There was nothing wrong with both of us. All the tests taken revealed nothing wrong. After all the hesitations, we decided to do IUI, and after 3 failed tests, we too were in the same place and were asking the same question. Where did we go wrong? Finally it was my wife who said that its enough and needed a break. We went on a pilgrimage trip all around tamilnadu, visited almost 47 temples in a week. And by God's grace, she conceived within the same month. As you had mentioned, it was like a reset button to both the body and mind. And on the D-Day, when the baby was placed in my arms, it was like an internal breakdown only this time, it was full of happiness.
Cherish each and every moment with your kid as its a god's gift
kanna1808 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2020, 21:38   #57
BHPian

Congratulations dears ! Enjoy the precious time with the little one !

Always a second opinion matters.

My wife had PCOD (minor) , we have consulted a doctor and she has suggested some medication , but my wife started to get some discomfort after having the medicine. So we consulted another doctor on recommendation from a friend, the first thing he said was, the medicine which the other doctor prescribed was banned in india

He suggested some tests and dioganosed that the root cause was her thyroid issue, and gave medicines only for that . We are now happy parents of 2 little gems.

And those who are facing difficulty in conceiving, I have only one suggestion to you, never loose your hope!
We live in a very advanced time, where we can get the medical support which never existed before. Only we need to find the correct doctor.
Asish_VK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2020, 21:50   #58
BHPian

Heartiest Congratulations on the new bundle of joy and welcome to parenthood @Hunter & family!!

And boy, what an outstanding storyteller are you - hats off and a salute!!

As many others' have already said, it takes more than guts to endure something like this and come out trumps! While many would relate that quality, easily with an army man, but I guess in this case your wife's tenacity and gumption just blows it all away - take a bow!

Reading through your story brought back some similar painful memories and struggle of a very close friend couple of mine. In their case, the baby was delivered 2 months early, and was in NICU, before they could bring him home, and share the news! Just can't imagine their consternation all that time, after having already been through so much! I'll be sharing this thread with them, but when the time is right.

Cheers, welcome to the new normal - that is potty and diapers!!
avinash_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2020, 08:08   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaish9925 View Post
Your knack of writing made us travel with you and feel each and every moment of what you went through.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
An amazing journey with a happy ending. A gripping narrative style and I felt like I travelled with you.It does take guts to pen such intimate information and I salute you for this article which could spark a hope in other 'would be' parents who are looking for information on this topic.
Thanks. The events that I have penned down are more than 8 years old. All along my wife has been imploring me to write about our experience. It was only me who kept putting it off till I could no longer procrastinate and that's how this blog came into being. I really hope that this would be of some use to couples who are either going through or about to embark on their own journey to parenthood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahuKetu View Post
Hearty Congratulations, Hunter. I could feel the pain, hope & emotions, you and your wife had gone through this process. When we think that all doors are closed, God opens new doors for us which we had never think of. This is called miracle and such incidents in our life instills faith in God.The way your unit stand besides you in this crucial period shows the true character of our forces. Congratulations again. Thanks for sharing. It was very emotional but equally informative too.
Thank you. The fact that you felt all those emotions swirling inside you while reading is a job accomplished for me. And you are right about the Unit support throughout our journey. That, I believe is the best quality of men/women in the Armed Forces. It is an unshakable bond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali3n View Post
Congratulation Hunter, what a journey it has been and i was glued to this emotional roller coaster. Do write more.
Thank you very much. Yes, most definitely I will write more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
When people ask what my interests are I usually say cars and Team Bhp. Then they get puzzled and reply aren't they the same thing. Should send a link of this thread to make them understand what I mean.Beautifully written thread and congratulations on the little one.
Thank you. As I mentioned in an earlier post of mine, team-bhp encompasses everything under the Sun. One only needs to take the effort to search for it. Hope this thread paves way for many more gritty experiences to flow through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
Thank you so much for sharing your experience.
It's been an up and down story for us and i can completely relate to what you must have gone through. Thank you once again for sharing gives us an added strength to plough through this experience.
Thank you and all the very best to you and the lady. You sure will come out with success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Av8r View Post
Congratulations to your wife and to yourself Hunter. It takes a lot of courage and strength to pen down such an experience. Your story heightened my spirits by its positivity and reaffirmed my faith in the higher power that looks after us. I could completely connect with your experience having worn in the blues myself. Happy parenting.
Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanna1808 View Post
That was indeed a great story. Congratulations on the cute bundle of joy and let that moment be cherished forever.Cherish each and every moment with your kid as its a god's gift
Wow. Congrats to you on bundles of joy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
Congratulations dears ! Enjoy the precious time with the little one ! And those who are facing difficulty in conceiving, I have only one suggestion to you, never loose your hope!
Thank you and congrats to you and the lady for your two gems. You are absolutely spot on regarding never losing hope. Positivity works wonders and no one has exactly been able to decipher the medical sciences to know with certainty what will happen and what won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Heartiest Congratulations on the new bundle of joy and welcome to parenthood @Hunter & family!!
And boy, what an outstanding storyteller are you - hats off and a salute!!
!D
Thank you. Yes, women are indeed made of a tougher metal than us. They can endure much of whatever is thrown at them by life. I have done my share of diaper changing as my Son is about to turn 7 now! You are most welcome to share this write up with people around you, please do so. Cheers
Old 5th April 2020, 09:51   #60
BHPian

Heartfelt Congratulations to both of you,

No matter how much treatment or science advances life has a will of its own.

I know of perfectly healthy couples not able to conceive normally, and going years of treatment now with still no luck. Where as there are miracle cases of almost impossible being conceived without any treatment.

I married very late and wanted to plan parenting after at least a year after marriage, so took precautions for a year, not knowing that its not a process that can be done at will.
For me I had thought we can do in anytime we wanted, and that too instantly.

Learnt much later about eggs and fertility and cycles and conceiving time etc.
So, it got me worried that already we were late and now this all takes so much time naturally. Without trying enough naturally so as to avoid losing time we went for IUI for a couple of cycles without any result.

How wrong I was.
First to think that it happens naturally
Second to think that it happens instantly whenever we wish
Third to think that if not naturally with treatment we can do it anytime
Fourth with advanced science we can time and plan as we desired

The truth is Life has its own will and comes only when it so desires.

Like in your case, in mine too we stopped the IUI and then got the good news after some months not expecting it the least. We were blessed with a baby boy, without any treatment. At that point I was just about to go for IVF or any other methods.

So, the truth is even after all the advances that science makes there is no guarantee of life or baby. And in cases after all doors and medicines close - it happens.
Such is the fact of life.
xway is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks