Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2014, 12:40   #1501
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The "Online Shopping" Thread - Amazon's service is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
( PS : Were the shoes you ordered Slagenger Envira ( http://www.amazon.in/Slazenger-Women...ords=slazenger ) by any chance? Have been looking for their review online but can't seem to find any. If these were indeed the ones you bought, can I ask how have the shoes been behaving?)

Cheers !
Nope, it was this: http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00J...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Currently unavailable, sorry! They have been behaving fine. No manufacturing defects. Missus says they are very comfortable and is using them to clomp about with informal attire. Get a bit dirty but that's to be expected with that colour but they're canvas and be wiped down fairly easily.
Old 26th June 2014, 22:37   #1502
BHPian

Re: The "Online Shopping" Thread - Amazon's service is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Nope, it was this: http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00J...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Currently unavailable, sorry! They have been behaving fine. No manufacturing defects. Missus says they are very comfortable and is using them to clomp about with informal attire. Get a bit dirty but that's to be expected with that colour but they're canvas and be wiped down fairly easily.
Thanks a bunch ! I reckon the joggers shall hold up well and be comfortable too (though the intended purpose is more of walking than jogging !). I think I will go ahead with the joggers after all. Thanks again for the feedback.

Cheers!
Old 27th June 2014, 13:39   #1503
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Oh my God! Just sharing an experience.

The Fedex boy just delivered 2 big packets, total 8 bottles of Tupperware, on foot in the scorching sun. He didn't have a bike, wore a Paragon slippers, beard untrimmed, and was tanned in the sun. I just asked whether he didn't have a bike, he simply smiled and replied no. He had another 3 such big packets bundled and was walking all the way from Fedex office 3 kms away! I was stunned and couldn't even offer him a glass of water. Might be new on the job, he even said a Thank You and went away smiling. In comparison, Blue Dart many a times come in a Tempo Traveller to deliver the smallest of items. This boy never even asked me if I could come and collect, where many others will, as the package was big. Maybe he is paid for delivering at the door and not for making customer come and receive at the office.

Not that I'm comparing courier services here, but just imagine we folks sitting in the comfort of an air conditioner ordering one after the other, maybe things we never required! Are we really unaware of our fellow beings? Time, or rather man, has created a huge contrast between the have and the have-nots. At the very least, it's good that people like him stay employed due to our virtual indulgence.
Old 27th June 2014, 13:48   #1504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Oh my God! Just sharing an experience.

The Fedex boy just delivered 2 big packets, total 8 bottles of Tupperware, on foot in the scorching sun. He didn't have a bike, wore a Paragon slippers, beard untrimmed, and was tanned in the sun. I just asked whether he didn't have a bike, he simply smiled and replied no. He had another 3 such big packets bundled and was walking all the way from Fedex office 3 kms away! I was stunned and couldn't even offer him a glass of water. Might be new on the job, he even said a Thank You and went away smiling.
Harsh reality of this world. However I believe that most of the Courier companies expect their delivery boys to have a bike (if I am not mistaken). However it is surprising that of all companies Fedex would do this, as they are pretty much 'the' costliest ones going around. The minimum they can give to their employees is a decent working condition.

Going OT over here: And I always offer anyone who delivers something to me, water first. The biggest complaints the delivery boys have is that people don't even ask them for it.
Old 27th June 2014, 13:54   #1505
BHPian

Where to Buy Resqme and Life hammer in India

Hi guys,

Need pointers to buy "Resqme" and "Life Hammer" in India.

Have been searching for the same for quite sometime. It was a useful item when we were in US, but finding it difficult to buy in here.

Any pointers will be highly appreciated
Old 27th June 2014, 13:56   #1506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Thanks for that. Did you buy online or at one of their stores?

It's a lot of money, even if there is a big discount, to risk
I bought it online, almost at a 50% discount; and have not regretted the buy.

Edit: I would recommend You to visit their store for expensive items, like the laptop.

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 27th June 2014 at 13:59.
Old 27th June 2014, 14:01   #1507
Team-BHP Support

Re: Where to Buy Resqme and Life hammer in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post

Hi guys,

Need pointers to buy "Resqme" and "Life Hammer" in India.

Have been searching for the same for quite sometime. It was a useful item when we were in US, but finding it difficult to buy in here.

Any pointers will be highly appreciated
SafetyKart has the ResQME for Rs. 999 - link

Snapdeal has it for Rs. 1250 - link

SafetyKart is a good website and I've had a good experience with them in the past.

PS: The ResQME is a must-have tool in every car!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th June 2014 at 14:03.
Old 27th June 2014, 14:02   #1508
Distinguished - BHPian

Ordered my first item from eBay - HM Digital Water TDS tester. The Kent service guys always mess up the water taste from my RO system. Hence, though of a permanent solution to it.

This is my first eBay purchase. Not that I am not an online shopper, just that I was more into Flipkart & Snapdeal.
Old 27th June 2014, 14:08   #1509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Going OT over here: And I always offer anyone who delivers something to me, water first.
I feel so bad being human-less senseless at the right moment In this fast life, a lot of good values my grand parents displayed has not been carried forward even to my parents generation.

Fedex at my place was not door delivering till very recently. So I'm sure this guy is a new recruit. And they have a small dingy office compared to Bluedart who have 2 Tempo Travellers and yet even outsources delivery now.
Old 27th June 2014, 14:21   #1510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Fedex boy just delivered 2 big packets. He didn't have a bike, wore a Paragon slippers, beard untrimmed, and was tanned in the sun....
I think this might have been a Fedex franchise. Fedex (hopefully) would provide better working conditions.

Quote:
Might be new on the job, he even said a Thank You and went away smiling....
That is the silver line. Maybe this is the best opportunity available to him.
Old 27th June 2014, 15:26   #1511
BHPian

Re: Where to Buy Resqme and Life hammer in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
PS: The ResQME is a must-have tool in every car!
Thanks a ton buddy for the links.

Still burning oil for "Life Hammer"
Old 27th June 2014, 17:56   #1512
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Going OT over here: And I always offer anyone who delivers something to me, water first.
Thank you for showing me the way forward to become a good human being.

I do make a mental note to carry a small bottle of chilled water to offer to the delivery guy when I find that the tracking status is "out for delivery". But then, I have always forgotten to take it down with me when he is at the door.

From now, I'll make sure that it's in my hand when I go down to collect the parcel. Riding around Chennai on a motorcycle (or even riding in a small delivery van) on a hot and humid summer day can be a very draining experience indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
That is the silver line. Maybe this is the best opportunity available to him.
You've said it! I simply don't understand the opposition (from some quarters) to e-commerce on the basis of it supposedly "destroying jobs" (especially blue collar ones). It doesn't destroy any, it only channels them into allied fields. If anything, it may actually create many more jobs, and better paid ones at that.

Businesses and traders who oppose e-commerce and online shopping would do well to benefit greatly from it (by adding the online route to their brick-and-mortar model), instead of trying to scuttle it.

Last edited by RSR : 27th June 2014 at 17:59.
Old 27th June 2014, 18:04   #1513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
My order is still valid for 390/-, expected delivery by Saturday, no communication from Flipkart yet. Lemme see how it goes.
Hello,
Any update? Just curious to know how flipkart deals with this .

Regards.
Old 27th June 2014, 18:41   #1514
BHPian

I got a note from FK stating that the seller doesnt have the stock of the phone for now and hence this order stands cancelled. However, I have received a 500/- shopping voucher

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING DYSP View Post
Hello,
Any update? Just curious to know how flipkart deals with this .

Regards.
Old 1st July 2014, 12:22   #1515
BHPian

The Karnataka Gov't also seems to have cottoned onto the Sales tax for online shipments.

I had ordered 3 items from Jabong - 2 tops (for my wife) and a pair of floaters for me with the delivery to be done to my residence in Bangalore. The total value of the order was about 2300.

They shipped the floaters and one of the tops last weekend. They shipped the second top on Tuesday and I received the same by Thursday. There was no update on the delivery of the first package (with the floaters and one of the tops). Jabong were unable to provide me a status on the same.

After a lot of followups (via email and phone), I received an email stating that the package has been seized for sales tax and they are unable to provide a timeline on when the delivery may occur.

Keeping my fingers crossed on this and hoping for a quick resolution on the same. I will update, on me receiving some updates.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks