More lack of QA from Flipkart:
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-huawei.png  

Old 25th March 2015, 17:32   #2957
Team-BHP Support

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Used Aliexpress for the first time, Ordered Kenu Airframe and it was delivered within 5 days (It made it to India in just one day
That was fast! What was the shipping service chosen? Singapore Post or HK Post? Please don't say it was China Post!
Old 25th March 2015, 17:59   #2958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
That was fast!
Its HK Post. I am impressed.
Old 25th March 2015, 18:01   #2959
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That was fast! What was the shipping service chosen? Singapore Post or HK Post? Please don't say it was China Post!
China post will need four days to update the status if at all they provide you with a tracking number and delivery in four days? Impossible

This is some ultra premium service they offer I guess.

For the first time, I am annoyed with Fedex. Dad had ordered glucometer strips which were shipped from Meerut Monday evening. Yesterday no action and it landed in Bangalore early morning and today was the estimated delivery. A few minutes back, they change the status to Future delivery requested' and pushed delivery date two days ahead. When I called up to ask CC which great man requested future delivery, she said it was from their side since load was high. This is the third time Fedex is playing around and I couldn't raise my voice with the CC lady and going by the way she was rudely saying things, not sure if that would help

Currently I rank blue dart as the best in my list of courier companies(*stupid*)
Old 25th March 2015, 18:10   #2960
BHPian

Quote:
I ordered LED bars at aliexpress in Oct 2014 which never reached (stuck at China customs). The seller said he can return the money (reimburse) if I have a PayPal account. I don't have one.
I mentioned him the same. He asked me if I can place a second order so that he would send the items.
Since I got the LED stuff from elsewhere, I placed an order within the same range as my previous order on 16th Jan 2015 and I'm yet to receive the same.

This guy promised 39 days faultless delivery!
I raised a dispute last month and gave him negative feedback to which he started crying and saying he'd lose his job.

Again, he's asking me to wait for some time.
That tracking number is no longer useful now either. Last I could track it, it said 'Arrived in India'.

I'm not getting any stuff via China post now! It has been 6 months and counting.
Old 25th March 2015, 18:40   #2961
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
.......they change the status to Future delivery requested' and pushed delivery date two days ahead......
Most courier companies do this to meet daily 'delivery' targets. They sign parcels out for delivery (on paper) knowing full well they won't even attempt delivery, and sign it back in EOD claiming customer not available/future delivery requested/address not found/some such crap.

FedEx does you one better (or worse). They apparently have some sort of refund guarantee for lost/undelivered/misplaced packages which becomes invalid if a delivery attempt was made before the estimated delivery date, so they put in a fake delivery attempt on record to escape that liability. I've seen it happen multiple times, even posted a screenshot in the T-BHP merchandise thread when they tried this trick with my key-chains parcel.
Old 25th March 2015, 20:49   #2962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
I ordered LED bars at aliexpress in Oct 2014 which never reached (stuck at China customs). The seller said he can return the money (reimburse) if I have a PayPal account. I don't have one.
I mentioned him the same. He asked me if I can place a second order so that he would send the items.
Since I got the LED stuff from elsewhere, I placed an order within the same range as my previous order on 16th Jan 2015 and I'm yet to receive the same.

This guy promised 39 days faultless delivery!
I raised a dispute last month and gave him negative feedback to which he started crying and saying he'd lose his job.

Again, he's asking me to wait for some time.
That tracking number is no longer useful now either. Last I could track it, it said 'Arrived in India'.

I'm not getting any stuff via China post now! It has been 6 months and counting.
haha.. i've experience this before twice! They cry with emoticons, plead, beg, and what not just for 5 star rating!
I was very clear, give my money back, and I leave a 5 star rating, else negative feedback. They really fear negative feedback, makes you feel their job is suddenly dependent on you!
Thankfully I was not given the PayPal excuse, got it back in my CC and that is how it should be if it's lying in an escrow a/c till you confirm.
Old 25th March 2015, 21:09   #2963
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
Ouch! That's bad. Never had a bad instance with China Post so far. Have been using China Post mostly save for a few urgent shipments which is when I opt for HK Post. China Post has taken a month for the last few deliveries but never missed one so far.

Surprising to hear it was stuck at the China Customs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Its HK Post. I am impressed.
Makes sense. HK Post is a lot faster. Even the docket details are uploaded quickly unlike China Post which takes a few days just for this!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th March 2015 at 21:10.
Old 25th March 2015, 21:23   #2964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
..when I saw the ad for the app shopping festival, it said that one could buy it at 10990, so I downloaded the app on my Ipad, and hey, the Moto G is out of stock. ..
... Enough of these gimmicks.
I completely agree on the gimmicks part.

I tried checking out Moto G2 @ 9899 INR (10% additional discount on Axis cards) & it was in stock. Just ordered it.

Now, I really suspect - that there would be a declared price cut on Moto G2 soon, but hey- I thought it was VFM - particularly with my need, hence ordered it.

Even if there are sales- raining on us every other week, I make it a point, to only look up items on my wishlist & check the price trend on mysmartprice site to make sure we are not buying with pretend-discounts.

Cheers,

Ace.
Old 25th March 2015, 21:48   #2965
BHPian

Ordered Moto 360 from Flipkart
Offers:
- 3000 rupess in exchange for old watch
- 10% axis bank discount

Actual price: 17,999
After Exchange of old watch: 14,999
After 10% axis bank discount: 13,544
50 rupees old watch pickup charges: 13,594/-

Total discount:- 4505/-
Old 26th March 2015, 16:19   #2966
Senior - BHPian

Ordered a small item from aliexpress on the 6th, got notification of shipment on the 16th and it reached my mother in delhi on the 24th itself. THAT is awesome for stuff costing $3.58!!
Old 26th March 2015, 21:14   #2967
Team-BHP Support

Was looking to buy a Tesa automotive wire harnessing tape and found a vendor in Aliexpress, selling one of the type I was looking for (51028). Incidentally, he had just 51 ratings but all were 100% - in Ali, where the ratings of some dealers go as high as 95-99% positive 10k+, I was a bit hesitant to order from this chap but I did. Around noon.

He shipped the tape in the evening, updated the system with the tracking number (HK Post), sends me a message personally requesting a positive feedback and promises me to help in case anything goes wrong AND, sends me a snap of my shipment before it was dispatched, with the address stuck on it. Haven't come across a dealer like this before! I was impressed. Sent him a response to the message sometime back. He could be new to the business which was why he was proactively doing so but doesn't hurt IMO.

And when I submit a feedback to a deal I have completed, I ensure that I write about everything (quality of the item, shipment service, how long it took, how well it was packed, how communicative the dealer was, part numbers wherever applicable etc.) so it helps future buyers. I also attach snaps of the items. I've seen Russian folks do that. I use Google Translate and figure it out. Unlike other feedback such as EXCELLENT +++++++, IS GOOD+++, No fit my car etc.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th March 2015 at 21:31. Reason: Forgot to mention - Ali
Old 26th March 2015, 21:25   #2968
Senior - BHPian

First experience buying from aliexpress and the product reached me safe in 20 days. Placed an order for a OBD II reader on 7th March and the postman delivered it today.
The only problem was,as I used China post I was never able to track it properly after it was despatched from China. I tried 17track.net which kept saying my shipment is in Kolkota for more than 8 days. It still says shipment is in transit while its actually delivered to me.
This was an inexpensive item ($13) so I'll probably use DHL or others for more expensive stuff. If this reader works,I would've saved a cool 1.6k compared to buying locally

Last edited by shashank.nk : 26th March 2015 at 21:28.
Old 26th March 2015, 21:28   #2969
Senior - BHPian

I received HID kit and frame slider for my bike in 45 days from Aliexpress. Both costed around 4k, and for both I had to pay about 250rs (each) as customs charges to the postman.
Old 27th March 2015, 09:49   #2970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Both costed around 4k, and for both I had to pay about 250rs (each) as customs charges to the postman.

Did the postman come to collect the duty? That's convenient. So far I've been limiting my purchases to under 8$ to avoid having to go to the post office to collect the package and pay customs. How did he calculate duty btw?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks