Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2012, 15:20   #316
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Thanks all for the reassurance ,looking forward to order more stuff since it the first time i had shopped on any site out of india was little worried .
Old 29th November 2012, 15:22   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
So i think for shoes it works this way- check the design and price online. Try and buy it from store.
I have done just the opposite twice in the last couple of months. Bought a pair of adidas and puma shoes from Myntra. Went to a store checked out size and comfort. Came back and ordered on Myntra and saved a cool 1k after applying coupons
Old 29th November 2012, 15:36   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Booked a couple of air tickets through via.com. is that okay or what? Never done it through them in the past...
Via.com is ok. I had booked my flight a couple of times. No issues.
Old 29th November 2012, 17:35   #319
Distinguished - BHPian

Yebhi.com is another awesome site for shoes shopping.

They always have some coupon or other and I have bought couple of shoes from them and always got it promptly and really good shoes in 2K-3K range.
Old 29th November 2012, 17:59   #320
BHPian

Folks you can try
pepperfry.com (coupons are available)
shopclues.com (go for small purshases only like jaw dropping deal etc)
tradus.com
flipkart.com (well known site)
hushbabies.com/firstcry.com/hoopos.com(same day delivery in Bangalore) for baby/child(upto 10 yrs) needs
indiaplaza.com
yebhi.com (clothes, shoes etc)
myntra.com (clothes, shoes etc) Fats delivery for Bangalore folks

Last edited by aka_iitd : 29th November 2012 at 18:00.
Old 30th November 2012, 16:14   #321
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna
Thanks all for the reassurance ,looking forward to order more stuff since it the first time i had shopped on any site out of india was little worried .
If youre having trouble tracking items from dx,as sometimes the given links dont work, try tracking on 17track.net.
Old 30th November 2012, 16:15   #322
BHPian

Has anyone used Getkart.com?
I notice while attempting to order some item from this website, that the page where one has to enter credit card details is not a secure page, i.e, it is not covered by https nomenclature. Would this not make the card information vulnerable to misuse and hacking?
Old 30th November 2012, 16:29   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Folks , any feedback about dealsextreme.com , i bought some low value stuff for 20$ because of free shipping , however it has been almost a month now no update and there is no tracking # even thought they claim it is has been shipped. paid thru paypal can i file for a refund.

Also any reliable site which would ship at reasonable cost to india , wanting to try borderlinx.com but there rates seems to be high.

Have tried Flipkart couple of times, very reliable
I am in the same boat,ordered some stuff worth $15 on 10th Nov,and waiting,i wanted to order some more stuff,but played it safe,since it was my first purchase from a website not based in india.
Old 3rd December 2012, 23:04   #324
BHPian

I hope this is the right thread to post this.
While on team-bhp.com saw and advt for an iPhone 5 for 40K from timtara.com. Seemed lucrative, but hadn't heard of the site before. they were offering a 4.5K off coupon in 44.5K price tag. A little bit of google found out this is a site to be stayed away from.
Old 4th December 2012, 01:42   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok View Post
I hope this is the right thread to post this.
While on team-bhp.com saw and advt for an iPhone 5 for 40K from timtara.com. Seemed lucrative, but hadn't heard of the site before. they were offering a 4.5K off coupon in 44.5K price tag. A little bit of google found out this is a site to be stayed away from.
Timtara is known for heavy discounts but very late delivery.

It was even covered on some T.V. news channel as people were complaining a lot, but the owners said its the growth they are unable to handle, but with so much reports on month long delays in delivery I've never tried my luck.
Old 4th December 2012, 08:18   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Timtara is known for heavy discounts but very late delivery.

It was even covered on some T.V. news channel as people were complaining a lot, but the owners said its the growth they are unable to handle, but with so much reports on month long delays in delivery I've never tried my luck.
It's best if you stay away from this shady website. Don't waste your hard earned money on these folks, Timtara I mean.
Old 6th December 2012, 11:59   #327
BHPian

I got my order delivered on 29th from DX. Will be placing order for more stuff and pay that extra $ for tracking to ensure peace of mind .
Old 6th December 2012, 14:42   #328
Senior - BHPian

Bought a pair of shoes from Myntra. Saved INR 500 through their coupon. But their delivery time is big thumb ups. Ordered on Thursday afternoon, friday morning it was door delivered.
Old 6th December 2012, 15:03   #329
BHPian

Cross posting from the Amazon.com thread.

I ordered some camping equipment from Amazon. largish order, opted for expedited shipping and delivery time given to me is between the 12th and 19th of December. I opted to pay for the customs duties up front to Amazon.

Shipping is via Aramex and the package is due to arrive at Dhahran, SA on the 14th. I spoke to a CSA at Amazon and they assured me that the shipping fees would be refunded if it arrived later than the 19th.

One note about the shipping and customs cost, my total amount went up by about 35% when they were added, which for some items was at par with the prices in India and for others, it became a 50% drop.

Any advice about receiving up the shipment in terms of going to the post office, following up with Aramex/Amazon etc..I am really loooking forward to this being a smooth experience so as to open up the ordering from Amazon route. The choice they offer is simply fantastic!
Old 6th December 2012, 15:05   #330
Mik
BHPian

To keep updated with online deals, offers and coupons a very good site is desidime.com
It has user generated content and ratings which can ascertain the genuineness of the deal.

Note: I am not related to the site. Just a happy surfer

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks