Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2015, 11:49   #3586
BHPian

The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Thanks guys. I tried that site now (last weekend it seems site was not reachable.)

I got many shipments last week, which were pending from 2+ months. Things have slowed down but still reaching reliably. I got packages without tracking too delivered in 70 days or so. So far have received 29 shipments in the past 4 months, without any issue.
Old 15th July 2015, 11:53   #3587
Team-BHP Support

re: The Online Shopping Thread

When is the Mi-Fit band expected to be in stock again ?
Old 15th July 2015, 16:11   #3588
BHPian

Ordered a variety of glass bowls from Yera.com and mighty impressed with the service. Received the package in exactly 24 hours from order time. Packaging was very thorough and all the items arrived without any damage, and exactly as ordered.

Happy customer!
Old 15th July 2015, 18:00   #3589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Ordered a variety of glass bowls from Yera.com and mighty impressed with the service. Received the package in exactly 24 hours from order time. Packaging was very thorough and all the items arrived without any damage, and exactly as ordered.

Happy customer!
Thanks for pointing out that site. Very, very nice to see glass jars of those sizes being sold in this day! Will order some for storage. Badly wanted glass jars.
Old 15th July 2015, 22:16   #3590
BHPian

Tried a new website for shopping. www.10kya.com

They are listed on Decathlon's website as official online retailer of their products. Ordered a pair of Quechua sandals from them earlier which was shipped via FedEx who lost the parcel and were unapologetic about it

Reordered on 13th July afternoon. Product was hand delivered directly by a company executive today afternoon. That's under 48 hours! Package was well packed and the executive from the company was insistent that I open it up and check the product before paying him

Also, when the package was not traceable, the customer care team gave me a proper update daily and said they are trying to sort it out as soon as possible.

They even have camera equipment on rent and sell other things too. A recommended website.
Old 15th July 2015, 23:42   #3591
Senior - BHPian

I was looking to buy the RAVPower 18200MaH powerbank from Amazon.com. But no shipping to Bangalore.

Does anyone here have someone coming down from the USA in the next few weeks? I will gladly ship the product to their USA address and pay for the shipping from whichever part of India they'll be at to Bangalore.
Old 16th July 2015, 06:51   #3592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Does anyone here have someone coming down from the USA in the next few weeks?
www.borderlinx.com
www.shopandship.com

Be self-reliant.
Old 16th July 2015, 08:21   #3593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
www.borderlinx.com
www.shopandship.com

Be self-reliant.
@binand : Thanks for this valuable information.

Do you or any of your friends know anything more about the quality of their services ? How reliable are they ? Any specific care to be taken ?
Old 16th July 2015, 09:39   #3594
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
When is the Mi-Fit band expected to be in stock again ?
Think they have sold out their entire India allocation with no immediate plans of re-stocking it. Flipkart has 'permanently discontinued' it.

Everything points towards a Mi-Band 2 launching pretty soon. Get ready for flash sales and pre-ordering

Last edited by itwasntme : 16th July 2015 at 09:39. Reason: Accuracy
Old 16th July 2015, 10:24   #3595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravindra M View Post
@binand : Thanks for this valuable information.

Do you or any of your friends know anything more about the quality of their services ? How reliable are they ? Any specific care to be taken ?
I have used shopandship.com extensively to order stuff from UK and US (mostly DVD box sets). Never had a reason to complain - from order to delivery in Bangalore it takes about 7-10 days usually which is faster than Amazon's international shipping. The whole process is tracked - first, by Amazon and then later, by SnS. I am yet to try BL, but I heard of the site after reading Mahesh Murthy writing positively about their service on Quora. SnS is Aramex's, BL is DHL's.

Few points to note about SnS, the one that I have used:

- If you order multiple items, they will forward the packages as they receive it - no aggregation service. The downside of this is that you end up paying the fixed charges per consignment (I think $10) multiple times. I understand BL offers aggregation.

- Their online credit card payment system doesn't work. You need to pay cash at the time of delivery to cover shipping and customs. They'll call you up and tell you the due amount, though.

- Make sure the seller on Amazon marketplace gives you an invoice along with the shipment (some sellers issue invoice only after their payment is realized). It is needed to clear Indian customs. Amazon allows you to interact with the seller before making the purchase.
Old 16th July 2015, 14:40   #3596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was looking to buy the RAVPower 18200MaH powerbank from Amazon.com. But no shipping to Bangalore.

Does anyone here have someone coming down from the USA in the next few weeks? I will gladly ship the product to their USA address and pay for the shipping from whichever part of India they'll be at to Bangalore.
Ashwin: From last year, customs does not allow any batteries to be imported (by end users like us). I have ordered batteries from US in the past, they have never reached me.

I am also looking at RavPower or something even better. The problem is it is risky to try this via a Forwarding company like ShopAndShip. They will most likely not pick the item from US.

But there are always exceptions. So you could try you luck.

Last edited by S_U_N : 16th July 2015 at 14:41.
Old 16th July 2015, 14:43   #3597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ashwin: From last year, customs does not allow any batteries to be imported (by end users like us). I have ordered batteries from US in the past, they have never reached me.

I am also looking at RavPower or something even better. The problem is it is risky to try this via a Forwarding company like ShopAndShip. They will most likely not pick the item from US.
Yes, I remember another TBHPian having issues with a powerbank he ordered off of AliExpress.

Exactly why I did not think borderlinx or ShopandShip will work for me as well.

This is also why I think it makes sense to get a friend or a relative or anyone else get it as a part of their baggage while coming to India.

That said, instead of spending Rs. 2600 on a 18200MaH RAVPower power bank. I believe the Huawei Honor 13000MaH power bank at Rs. 1399 is a far more feasible option. I only explored this option this afternoon.

You can get the 2 Huawei power banks for Rs. 2600 and get 26000MaH of charging capacity instead of the 18200MaH the RAVPower offers.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 16th July 2015 at 14:45.
Old 16th July 2015, 15:29   #3598
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, I remember another TBHPian having issues with a powerbank he ordered off of AliExpress.Exactly why I did not think borderlinx or ShopandShip will work for me as well.
I doubt that there's a restriction on batteries being imported. I ordered a multimeter from Amazon UK, via their Global Shipping. The box arrived with a massive sticker warning that the contents held a lithium battery. No problems at all.

Moreover, this customs duty calculator also implies that Li-ion batteries can be imported, simply by its existence: http://www.cybex.in/indian-custom-du...-85065000.aspx
Old 16th July 2015, 19:00   #3599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Moreover, this customs duty calculator also implies that Li-ion batteries can be imported, simply by its existence: http://www.cybex.in/indian-custom-du...-85065000.aspx
If importing from Aliexpress for $25 Li-ion Powerbank how is the Customs duty to be paid if delivery in India is by Indian Posts
Will the postman accept the duty or we have to go to postoffice.
Old 16th July 2015, 21:43   #3600
BHPian

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with leftlaneshop.com
I wanted to buy a blaupunkt GTB 8200 A active subwoofer from them. I have a little doubt about their genuinity of the the site. I couldn't find any reviews online about them.
I called them up and they told me they just started it couple of months ago.

If anyone had any purchases made with them kindly share.

PS : I normally buy things from Snapdeal but this particular one is not available at my PIN which is in Kerala.

Most Viewed