Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2015, 18:10   #3616
RAC
BHPian

re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Excellent experience with Amazon and wait for it...

India Post!

Had ordered a Belkin Surge Protector and a 2A car charger on Amazon on Sunday. Was shipped from Delhi via India Post and it was delivered today!

That said, I have never had a bad experience with India Post. Very prompt and very fast delivery.

Way to go India Post!
I 2nd that. Ordered a few books from Amazon. The ones delivered thru India Post were delivered 2 days later and the 'regular' courier took another 2 days.
Old 21st July 2015, 18:21   #3617
Team-BHP Support

Don't know about 'fast' service, but I've never had India Post lose a parcel of mine, EVER, and I used them extensively during school and college days for books, periodicals and what not, when courier companies were still nascent and horrendously expensive (for my pocket). Courier guys play all sorts of tricks, but the postal guys just do their jobs without a fuss, even today.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 21st July 2015 at 18:31.
Old 22nd July 2015, 11:58   #3618
BHPian

Bought a Sonax car wash shampoo and a MF cloth from www.carpowergrid.com.

For the uninitiated, carpowergrid is the online shopping portal of Method's Automotive who are the authorised dealers of brands like Sonax, Koni, Thule, K&N etc.

Placed an order for these two items and chose the Cash on delivery option. However, they did not have COD option in my address. This was communicated to me over phone and they said they'll cancel the current order and requested me to order it again by making the payment online. Did that and the items were delivered in 5 days. Their team was extremely supportive during the process. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience.

N.B: I'm not associated with them, just thought of sharing my experience.
Old 23rd July 2015, 17:50   #3619
Senior - BHPian

I had a bad experience buying a pair of shoes for my wife, the product and picture were completely different and I started the refund process as soon as I got home. The scary part was that the item picture changed once the last update arrived from Amazon, this is only inbox app by google, luckily I was able to take a screenshot of the original and save it. If we go app only, I guess down the line, we won't have a shred of proof if the seller decides to change the picture after an order is placed.
Old 23rd July 2015, 22:03   #3620
BHPian

Thought of posting this here. I had placed an order on 19th of this month for an Ambrane power bank at Flipkart.com through app. The EDD was July 31st, but I got the package today. In the address on the package, my name was mentioned as Dr. Chembakassery ( which is my house name), instead of Dr. Deepu Dev. Rest of the address was fine. Also, the invoice also mentions my name that way.

The product package was excellent, and delivery was pretty fast with a COD option. I'm surprised with this mistake from flipkart. The seller was not ws retail. It was some one from New Delhi.

I'm in doubt whether to shoot a mail to flipkart support team or keep this to myself. I've cross checked my saved address in the app and every thing is fine.

Last edited by drdeepudev : 23rd July 2015 at 22:04. Reason: typo
Old 23rd July 2015, 23:04   #3621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
The scary part was that the item picture changed once the last update arrived from Amazon, this is only inbox app by google, luckily I was able to take a screenshot of the original and save it.
The best thing to help with such a situation?

Each time you make a purchase or see any deal that the seller might make a U-Turn about, cache the webpage using this site:

http://archive.org/web/

It maintains dates on which the page was cached as well.

You can always go back and retrieve the cached copy of the page using the same website.
Old 24th July 2015, 08:24   #3622
Distinguished - BHPian

Got this piece of news through Whatsapp today, it is about FlipKart. News says Flipkart stocked a lot of low quality & fake products (in the name of HP & other brands, starting from electronics, cosmetics, etc) and the Top official got arrested.
The Online Shopping Thread-img20150724wa0002.jpg
Old 24th July 2015, 09:07   #3623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
..and the Top official got arrested.

Attachment 1394992

Looks like it's the flipkart seller who got arrested and not flipkart official.

http://www.mid-day.com/articles/flip...ducts/16344193
Old 24th July 2015, 10:58   #3624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Each time you make a purchase or see any deal that the seller might make a U-Turn about, cache the webpage using this site:

http://archive.org/web/
Note that what you see needn't necessarily be what archive.org sees. Plus it has no evidentiary value, especially if you have to go to a court for any reason. What works and is foolproof is a screenshot, and nothing else (not even a File > Print printout).

Also, archive.org honours the robots.txt file - so you are not even assured that they'll do anything.

In other e-commerce news, Amazon has beaten Walmart in the market cap game:

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/07/23/amazo...s-a-share.html
Old 24th July 2015, 16:57   #3625
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, I need to get a Powerbank before (July) 28th Noon.

Any suggestions as to which one I could choose & from where?

Or should I just buy it offline...?

Thanks in advance!
Old 24th July 2015, 17:02   #3626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post

What is special about this? Almost 50% reviews are negative.

I have one with me now, just to tell you it charge my grand 2 duo much faster then any other way (usb + power). It is light, good looking and I charged my phone 4-5 times easily with 10K mAh one + powerbank. I have nothing negative about one plus power bank until now.
Old 24th July 2015, 20:14   #3627
BHPian

Amazon is really doing well with its tie up with India Post. I presently reside in a "not so well connected" area in Pune, called Lavale, and Flipkart doesn't deliver here. Amazon, however, with its serviceability here has won me over as a customer. Delivery is done within 3-4 days post ordering, and in all my previous encounters with India Post, they will ensure that the parcel reaches the right recipient, so no problems there either.

Only issue I've noted with Amazon is that they tend to vastly exaggerate the delivery date. For instance, they give a delivery lead time of around 14-15 days, while in reality, it gets delivered in 3-4 days. Worst case, it doesn't stretch beyond a week's time. Do not know if it is their strategy to ensure "on time deliveries" by artificially increasing lead times shown, or if there is an issue with their algorithm.

Overall, I've had a very good experience with Amazon thus far!
Old 25th July 2015, 13:39   #3628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post

Thanks in advance!
Going by my experience with FlipKart, you're better off buying from Amazon if you want it within the said date.

http://www.amazon.in/ADATA-PT100-100...ords=powerbank

Looks like a good deal. 10000mAh for 999 and delivered by Monday if you pay a little extra.
Old 25th July 2015, 14:27   #3629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
Xiaomi 10000/16000 mAH power bank. I'm an absolute fan of the 10000 - works perfectly. Charges fast, gets charged superfast (10000 MAH done in 5-6 hours on OnePlus 2A charger!).

Its been dropped a dozen times and still looks nice (though the ambrane one was indestructible in this regard).
Old 25th July 2015, 18:32   #3630
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
Try the OnePlus Power Bank from Amazon. AFAIK, the Mi Power Bank is not in stock. And the OnePlus product has gotten great reviews online. I've ordered one from Amazon, waiting for delivery

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks