Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2015, 15:56   #3826
BHPian

re: The Online Shopping Thread

Was on lookout for new author, finally found one and ordered 28 books.

FK - for 25 books worth 2000 (from one third party seller only) wants to charge 1900 for delivery. Seller policy entitles third party to charge for delivery for each item separately

Amazon - for 23 books worth 1980 wants to charge 500 for delivery. Understand not all were Amazon fulfilled but come on the order is large enough to forgo delivery charges

both the customer care just repeated their policy. Hopefully one day we will think more logically and not be so process oriented

Finally went to mastermindbooks.com , basically the publishers, ordered all 28 books at 2200 with free delivery. Pricing more or less equal to other online sites. Hoping the books will reach tomorrow.

FYI, any erle stanley garner, A.A.Fair or other authors (by vasan publications) full collection is on offer. Their office is in Bangalore. I think they will deliver to other cities too
Old 26th August 2015, 16:41   #3827
Distinguished - BHPian

As these on-line shopping sites really are just market places, I don't think it is unreasonable that the deliver cost should be quoted per supplier. What good is it to one supplier that you have ordered stuff from others too?

For Amazon-fulfilled, that's different. And... I much preferred the days when buying from Flipkart was buying from Flipkart.
Old 26th August 2015, 17:34   #3828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
As these on-line shopping sites really are just market places, I don't think it is unreasonable that the deliver cost should be quoted per supplier. What good is it to one supplier that you have ordered stuff from others too?

For Amazon-fulfilled, that's different. And... I much preferred the days when buying from Flipkart was buying from Flipkart.
All 28 books from one supplier. The supplier was charging 80 rs per book delivery.

Agree on this. But my point being, we should be more logical than just following process.
Old 26th August 2015, 17:46   #3829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Not sure this is the right thread. Move it at will.

I am using Airtel and for couple of months now do not get an signal in my iPhone 6 and 6+. Raised a complaint and their network engineers came and confirmed there is a signal drop inside my house. Unfortunately there is no way to optimize the signal and they are planning to erect a tower to get this resolved. 90 days minimum. Is there a signal booster/repeater i can purchase? Please help.
Signal boosters start around $65 on Aliexpress. I am planning to get one myself. Just thinking if I should wait for Reliance Jio to start service first.
Old 26th August 2015, 17:47   #3830
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD007 View Post
FK - for 25 books worth 2000 (from one third party seller only) wants to charge 1900 for delivery. Seller policy entitles third party to charge for delivery for each item separately
Tell them to pack and ship each item separately, in that case

Quote:
What good is it to one supplier that you have ordered stuff from others too?
For his Flipkart order of 25 books, they were all from the same seller, so his expectation is reasonable.

Quote:
And... I much preferred the days when buying from Flipkart was buying from Flipkart.
LOL, I have to agree. Its the Ebayification of Flipkart. I've found that WS Retail are stocking fewer items that are of interest to me.
Old 26th August 2015, 20:05   #3831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post

For his Flipkart order of 25 books, they were all from the same seller, so his expectation is reasonable.

LOL, I have to agree. Its the Ebayification of Flipkart. I've found that WS Retail are stocking fewer items that are of interest to me.
W S Retail, i believe has reasons to discontinue/decrease their presence from FK. I vaguely remember a friend saying, it is Singapore based and has issues with FDI hence some litigation/court case is ongoing due to which they are restricting their presence on FK.

Anyone having more idea on this can share some more insights. Hopefully won't be off topic.
Old 26th August 2015, 20:51   #3832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookey View Post
Hello Friends , I have ordered a LED screen for my thinkpad from Aliexpress today for USD 71 and approx Rs 45## was charged to my card. This is my first time with Aliexpress. Will i have to pay customs duty ? If yes any idea how much ? The seller has shipped it via normal China post registered mail. Thank you !
Glad to report that i have received the screen and no customs duty was charged
Old 26th August 2015, 20:58   #3833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Signal boosters start around $65 on Aliexpress. I am planning to get one myself. Just thinking if I should wait for Reliance Jio to start service first.

Can you share the link so i can have a look and see if it is really affordable?
Old 27th August 2015, 13:24   #3834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD007 View Post
Was on lookout for new author, finally found one and ordered 28 books.

Amazon - for 23 books worth 1980 wants to charge 500 for delivery. Understand not all were Amazon fulfilled but come on the order is large enough to forgo delivery charges

both the customer care just repeated their policy. Hopefully one day we will think more logically and not be so process oriented

Finally went to mastermindbooks.com , basically the publishers, ordered all 28 books at 2200 with free delivery. Pricing more or less equal to other online sites. Hoping the books will reach tomorrow.

FYI, any erle stanley garner, A.A.Fair or other authors (by vasan publications) full collection is on offer. Their office is in Bangalore. I think they will deliver to other cities too

mighty impressed with vasan publications. In less than 24 hours, all the books of the series delivered to office.

i wanted the full series and ordered 28 books, however the series had 29 books and the fellow called, confirmed and added the 29th book to complete the series.

Now that's a logical thought process

Also, reduced Rs.26 to make the payment a round figure amount.

Would recommend reaching out directly to publishers for people who want full series.
Old 27th August 2015, 14:50   #3835
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just search for "Wifi signal amplifiers" in Aliexpress. You will get a ton of results
Old 28th August 2015, 10:55   #3836
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure this is the right thread. Move it at will.

I am using Airtel and for couple of months now do not get an signal in my iPhone 6 and 6+. Raised a complaint and their network engineers came and confirmed there is a signal drop inside my house. Unfortunately there is no way to optimize the signal and they are planning to erect a tower to get this resolved. 90 days minimum. Is there a signal booster/repeater i can purchase? Please help.

I don't think Airtel would be of any help here. Had similar issue with signal from one fine day, complaints and follow ups for 5-6 months didn't work, so ported to Aircel and no looking back further. My wife still has an airtel and so i know the issue remains the same in my locality.
Old 28th August 2015, 12:20   #3837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post

I used the same strategy while hiring an Innova - Quoted rate 2200/- for 5 hrs; Dzire 1100/- . Refused to hire the Innova and asked for 2 Dzires instead - Finally, the Innova came down to 1600/-
Old 28th August 2015, 12:29   #3838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Just search for "Wifi signal amplifiers" in Aliexpress. You will get a ton of results
No not WiFi -
Better search for GSM Signal booster or Cellphone signal booster.

You should look for the frequency. GSM Frequency:

Airtel GSM-900/1800 (EDGE)
2100 MHz UMTS, HSPA+
2300 MHz TD-LTE

Look here for others https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...c_region#India
Old 28th August 2015, 12:32   #3839
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
No not WiFi -
Better search for GSM Signal booster or Cellphone signal booster.

You should look for the frequency. GSM Frequency:

Airtel GSM-900/1800 (EDGE)
2100 MHz UMTS, HSPA+
2300 MHz TD-LTE

Look here for others https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...c_region#India
Oh ok. My bad. I read it as Wifi Booster and was wondering why the cost is mentioned so high
Old 28th August 2015, 12:46   #3840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I assume Airtel UMTS is 2100 Mhz.
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...414048746.html

If not search for the correct frequency on that store.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks