Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2015, 10:28   #4111
BHPian

The Online Shopping Thread

Here's a price jacking example for the sale period by Amazon...
The Online Shopping Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1445057859.603992.jpg

I've been watching the price of a Samsung refrigerator 555L double door on paytm. Three days ago it was 58500 less 4000 cash back nett at 54.8k. Today it is 61.5k after cash back.

Last edited by diyguy : 17th October 2015 at 10:33.
Old 18th October 2015, 10:56   #4112
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Had 18 orders from Amazon from the past two weeks and all were delivered impressively, most by Indiapost and Amazon Transportation. Delivery was pretty quick compared to flipkart and their horrible service during BBD. Did not opt for any faster delivery options yet most of them came within two three days of order.

Indiapost guys were very prompt, and did two delivery attempts even though I told them that I would personally collect them after returning from office. And to top it, they delivered on a sunday too.
Old 18th October 2015, 11:29   #4113
BHPian

^^ Agree fully. I was looking for MI 4 Tab. While my color choice was available on flipkart, delivery time lines were horrible. On 16th they were quoting me delivery on 3 november. Looked at on amazon, Only white color was there but delivery time lines were very much realistic . They gave me estimate of 23 oct for delivery but i can already see that it is shipped same day itself and should get delivered by Monday or tuesday Max .

Ps : - both were selling for same price.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 18th October 2015 at 11:31.
Old 19th October 2015, 02:19   #4114
Senior - BHPian

The Flipkart App is not opening on my Lumia 930. I guess its due to amazon app which is also installed in the phone. My doubt arises from the fact that when Big billion day sale was put last year we had experiences of users landing on amazon page while typing big billion sale.
Jokes apart, any idea why its not opening (only the welcome screen comes) and disappears in a flash.
I reinstalled the app around 10 times during last few days but no success. Even uninstalled amazon app but no success. Anyone else facing such issue. I tried to Google by no solution. Every other app or game functioning normally. Or are there compatibility issues of Flipkart App with windows phone.
Old 19th October 2015, 02:49   #4115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
The Flipkart App is not opening on my Lumia 930..
No such issues on my Lumia 520 or the Galaxy S5. My S5 has both Amazon and Flipkart app installed, but the Lumia has only Flipkart app.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 19th October 2015, 04:17   #4116
Distinguished - BHPian

I ordered Mi Pad from Amazon & a Dell laptop from Flipkart. Amazon shipped the item the very next day & I may receive the product tomorrow or day after.

Flipkart hasn't even processed the order yet; its been 3 days. Flipkart has been losing respect & I might buy only some exclusive products, going forth. Had also subscribed for Flipkart first just to get a shock that 90% of the features they display is not available in Mumbai. Will check for a month for any benefits & mostly cancel in 2 months.

They are digging their own grave by doing things which they can't handle. Amazon shines so bright in comparison.
Old 19th October 2015, 09:14   #4117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Flipkart hasn't even processed the order yet; its been 3 days. Flipkart has been losing respect & I might buy only some exclusive products, going forth. Had also subscribed for Flipkart first just to get a shock that 90% of the features they display is not available in Mumbai. Will check for a month for any benefits & mostly cancel in 2 months.

They are digging their own grave by doing things which they can't handle. Amazon shines so bright in comparison.

I am completely with you on this! I am infact happy as well as unhappy with Flipkart after the second round of Billion Day sale.

Happy, since I never faced a problem browsing through their app even once. And I ended up ordering two phones - Nexus 6 32Gb at a mouth watering price of 23250 (after 10% Citibank discount) and pre-ordering the other - Moto X Style 16 Gb for 28250 (again, 10% Citibank discount)

Now coming to the "unhappy" part. I too have a Flipkart First subscription and when I thought it would actually be of some significant use, turns out, we don't get any benefits during such "Grand" sales. Nexus 6 delivery is 29 Oct, that's 2 weeks! So how are we in a way benefiting by being Flipkart First subscribers for which we are paying 500 bucks?!

Now the wait continues and till date my "order" has just reached the confirmed status
Old 19th October 2015, 12:23   #4118
Senior - BHPian

Amazon is having their Diwali Sale on October 26th, 27th and 28th!
Old 19th October 2015, 17:44   #4119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXBAT25 View Post
We should exercise caution while buying costly things from online vendors especially Snapdeal. I have ordered different items thrice and what I got is a set of JBL speakers without power cord, a broken racquet and a mobile phone which was delivered after 1 month of order date.
Forget about getting refund thanks to their excellent customer care.
With discounts dying down now, it's better to stay with good old brick and mortar dealers.
Although I'd agree that one should exercise caution while shopping online, brick and mortar stores does not come close in terms of price. Also, I could return something I don't like; try doing that at a B&M store.

I processed a refund at snapdeal a few days ago, right in the middle of their sale period, and they credited the amount in 3 days flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Here's a price jacking example for the sale period by Amazon...
Attachment 1428208

I've been watching the price of a Samsung refrigerator 555L double door on paytm. Three days ago it was 58500 less 4000 cash back nett at 54.8k. Today it is 61.5k after cash back.
This could happen if the seller who is selling at the lowest go out of stock. The sale price defaults to the nearest price available from another dealer. Amazon does not fix prices, the retailes do.

Last edited by civic-sense : 19th October 2015 at 17:47.
Old 19th October 2015, 21:03   #4120
Distinguished - BHPian

Helps to review the seller's feedback /ratings. I did purchase one item from Snapdeal which was delivered today. I had tried to match the listed seller with the authorised retailer of the product, and my guess worked.

Btw, regarding my earlier question - the seller had provided some discount, and Snapdeal offered another discount on top of that. The final price came to the same as I would have paid in US.
Old 22nd October 2015, 08:09   #4121
BHPian

Dear all, I need help. Am purchasing an audio Hu for the first time on Aliexpress and the seller is staring to ship DHL is asking for TPO and company name. As I am an individual what do I need to provide? Please help as this is something new for me.
Old 22nd October 2015, 11:58   #4122
Senior - BHPian

The family's been on traditional vacation this past week, so I get my food from two portals - breakfast & lunch from Nutritown and dinner from Freshmenu. The former, though claims to be healthy and nutritious, wasn't a great experience - soggy rotis, tasteless paneer etc. The latter in contrast, has been a revelation. Really tasty food, well-packaged and presented and filling too. I'd give them 5/10 and 8/10 respectively. Cost: 350 to nutritown for the bf+lunch combo, and between 150 and 250 to freshmenu for dinner. Nutritown does not take same-day orders.
Old 22nd October 2015, 22:53   #4123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Am purchasing an audio Hu for the first time on Aliexpress and the seller is staring to ship DHL is asking for TPO and company name. As I am an individual what do I need to provide?
Are you prepaying DHL Freight ? maybe seller has asked you to provide you with your DHL account number which is possible if you have a company having contract with DHL .

By my recent experience on import of iPhone 6S via DHL , better don't get anything on company name even if you have one as customs will then ask for BIS certificate .
Old 23rd October 2015, 08:27   #4124
Senior - BHPian

Take a look at Snap Deal's offer. Is this for real ?

The Online Shopping Thread-snap_deal.png

Linky is below as of now it displays above details.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/garm...myindia/675654

Garmin 42 LM is at around 5.5k.
Old 23rd October 2015, 08:35   #4125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Take a look at Snap Deal's offer. Is this for real ?
Attachment 1430116
Linky is below as of now it displays above details.
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/garm...myindia/675654
Garmin 42 LM is at around 5.5k.
Now corrected - its 7.5k.
The Online Shopping Thread-garmin.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks