Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2015, 18:37   #4246
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Any experiences here on Delhivery?

My order was shipped yesterday morning by the vendor using delhivery.
The status on delhivery is unchanged since yesterday
"shipment received at origin centre" - 10:57 am 05 Nov 2015 - Bahadurgarh (Haryana)
Have used them, they are not really great when it comes to updates (online). But delivered within promised time.
Old 7th November 2015, 12:50   #4247
BHPian

An update on aliexpress, an order of mine from July was delivered today. 5 months and two days it has taken. I had raised a dispute and got a full refund about two months back. This package I assumed was lost or stolen. Am glad to get it but waiting 5 months is kinda silly for anything.
Old 7th November 2015, 12:54   #4248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
An update on aliexpress, an order of mine from July was delivered today. 5 months and two days it has taken. I had raised a dispute and got a full refund about two months back. This package I assumed was lost or stolen. Am glad to get it but waiting 5 months is kinda silly for anything.
The exact same thing happened to me! Two months and no update! Raised a dispute and eventually got a refund after waiting for another month. One month later, the package arrives!
Old 7th November 2015, 14:39   #4249
Distinguished - BHPian

Problem is more about India customs ...
Old 9th November 2015, 06:56   #4250
BHPian

Protection for Ipad Mini 2

Hi Guys,

Recently got my hands on Ipad mini 2. Want to gift it to kids. Only concern is the protection for the Ipad mini, since kids will definitely mishandle it.

Can you kindly suggest a good smart cover / case for the same ?

And do we need something like tempered glass [ like have for our mobiles ] to protect the screen from damages due to accidental falls ?

Any brands or model references for the above will be highly appreciated
Old 9th November 2015, 07:24   #4251
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Ordered a couple of items from Amazon.in. The first item arrived in a damaged condition and I informed Amazon about it immediately. They arranged for a pick up, which, almost a month later has still not happened. However, a week ago after repeated calls through their website (free) and emails they gave me a full refund. They have also instructed me to dump the item as the "seller" has no interest in picking it up.
The second item never arrived at all but, no complaints, because again after about 2 weeks they gave me a full refund.
This is the first time I have had any issues with Amazon but have to say that in the end : "All's well that ends well"! Very good after sales support.

Regards,
SS
Old 9th November 2015, 09:49   #4252
Senior - BHPian

Amazon delivery times are crazy. Ordered pampers yesterday and it is out for delivery today.

Compare that to delhivery, then product was dispatched on 5th, at pune location since yesterday morning and there is no sign of "out for delivery"
Old 9th November 2015, 11:31   #4253
Senior - BHPian

some of the Amazon sellers are now shipping with IndiaPost. I ordered a HDMI cable and it took 10 days to deliver from Delhi to Bangalore..thanks to Indiapost. Package stayed every transit point one day minimum.
Old 9th November 2015, 12:15   #4254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
some of the Amazon sellers are now shipping with IndiaPost. I ordered a HDMI cable and it took 10 days to deliver from Delhi to Bangalore..thanks to Indiapost. Package stayed every transit point one day minimum.
I was at the Post office last week and saw hundreds of Amazon parcels lying around.

I think its a positive thing overall as it means the courier companies will not be slacking. Of late I get a feeling that many courier companies (esp the likes of Fedex and Bluedart) have become very tardy. Bluedart had kept my camera for 5 days before delivering!!
Old 9th November 2015, 13:16   #4255
Distinguished - BHPian

Continuing with the stories about bad handling: Was at transporter's pick-up/ delivery point. A printer box came in from a truck. Guy picks it from the truck, and throws it towards one part of the office. Box lands, and slides on the ground towards it's storage point.

Nice, isn't it ?
Old 9th November 2015, 13:53   #4256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Continuing with the stories about bad handling: Was at transporter's pick-up/ delivery point. A printer box came in from a truck. Guy picks it from the truck, and throws it towards one part of the office. Box lands, and slides on the ground towards it's storage point.

Nice, isn't it ?
They stand and deliver; which is why baggage handlers are also referred to as "throwers"
Old 9th November 2015, 13:57   #4257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Amazon delivery times are crazy. Ordered pampers yesterday and it is out for delivery today.

Compare that to delhivery, then product was dispatched on 5th, at pune location since yesterday morning and there is no sign of "out for delivery"
You must try FirstCry.com for pampers.

If i order before 12 PM, its delivered the same evening!

Mostly its delivered in one day - that too for free (if order value is > Rs. 500).

Really impressed with XpressBees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post

I had a very bad experience with Amazon's India post service.

Had ordered a cloth for my little one, after 3-4 days of shipping the status changed to "DELIVERED", but it never reached me.

When i checked the tracking it mentioned the Delivery address as some Post Office.

Made repeated enquiries to the customer care for next 3-4 days, each time i was given the assurance that order would be delivered to my home. But it never came. I even offered them the option of myself collecting the package manually from post office, but they kept reassuring me that it would be delivered to my home.

Finally after a week got email from customer care that my order is now cancelled and i will be refunded fully.

This was a very rare occassion of a bad experience with usually decent Amazon.

Last edited by DCEite : 9th November 2015 at 14:02.
Old 9th November 2015, 14:07   #4258
BHPian

I found an item on http://www.aliexpress.com which i want to buy.Since i am new to buying on www.aliexpress.com, any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.
My specific concerns are :
a) Payment Mode. Is it safe to use credit cards or do i use the alipay option.
b) Delivery Time : Is the delivery time reasonable.
Old 9th November 2015, 14:11   #4259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
I found an item on http://www.aliexpress.com which i want to buy.Since i am new to buying on www.aliexpress.com, any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.
My specific concerns are :
I've not personally used Ali Express, but if you search this thread for "Ali" you'll see various comments from others who have done so.

Key themes that I recall is slow delivery speed - usually a few weeks, particularly based on the shipping method used (I think China Post is the worst!), combined with an inability to easily track and follow up on shipping progress.

Safety of your credit card - should be fine. AE are big players and can be trusted.

EDIT: So let me take a guess - something for your shiny new EcoSport?

Last edited by arunphilip : 9th November 2015 at 14:13.
Old 9th November 2015, 14:32   #4260
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Have not had any problems so far. But the max I have spent is about 30$.

Delivery - pls expect it to be a little slow, may be 5-6 weeks. But it normally comes ..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks