Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2016, 22:46   #4501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
'If you forgot to apply the promocode for your order, then your order is not eligible for cashback offer. Please apply promo code in future orders to avail the benefits.'
sorry about that as I hadn't had this issue myself. If you have the same deal going just return the item with a reason such as size mismatch or something and reorder.
Old 26th January 2016, 10:05   #4502
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

A poor experience at 99rpm for the first time.

Ordered floor mats for the linea with tjet marking for Rs.1,208. the same mat without tjet marking is for Rs.990 odd. Buying options were pretty clear and so were the indicated images.

Product came with only the linea marking. Sent a mail. Got reply from them stating that's how Fiat is selling them these days and that mats with the tjet marking are no longer available.

Then i asked if that is the case why the heck is it still advertised in your site and if Fiat is no longer selling mats with tjet marking should not the customer be informed?

Then i asked them to refund the difference amount but they refused stating that this is of premium quality as compared to the regular linea mat which i think is hogwash. Now their site shows this mat as premium quality but the tjet marking is still shown in the image.

Not an expensive affair but just the way it was all handled got me irritated :(
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-tjet.jpg  

Old 26th January 2016, 12:39   #4503
BHPian

Thanks to sagarpadaki, I ordered some Aukey stuff from AliExpress, and it arrived yesterday. In the hope it might help others, I am posting the shipping timelines:

Quote:
2015-12-17 13:21 Post Office parcel mail processing center in Dongguan, has received send
2015-12-17 13:24 Post Office parcel mail processing center in Dongguan, has
2015-12-17 13:28 Dongguan city post office parcel mail processing center, left, next stop "Center of Dongguan"
2015-12-18 14:38 Exchange Bureau in Guangzhou, have been exported to open
2015-12-18 16:55 Exchange Bureau in Guangzhou, have been exported to each other (internal transit)
2016-01-07 16:36 China BEIJING Insert item into bag (Otb) Air unknown
2016-01-07 15:29 Exchange Bureau in Beijing, have been exported to open
2016-01-07 16:29 Exchange Bureau in Beijing, has been exported
2016-01-07 23:38 Beijing airport terminal, arrival
2016-01-07 23:39 Beijing airport terminal, left hand navigation
2016-01-16 09:21 India, Kolkata Foreign LCAO, Receive item at office of exchange (Inb), Air, Kolkata Airport Sorting Office
2016-01-16 12:00 India, Kolkata Foreign LCAO, Send item to customs (Inb), Air, CED Bangalore
2016-01-23 14:30 India Bangalore Sub FGN Post Return item from customs (Inb) Air CED Bangalore
2016-01-23 14:46 India Bangalore Sub FGN Post Send item to domestic location (Inb) Air CRC Bangalore STG TD
2016-01-23 16:30 Delivered
Free shipping was supposed to be by China Post Air Mail. Note that the delay was in China; it took over a month to arrive in India! Processing in India has been, surprisingly, relatively fast. Also as somebody pointed out, Kolkata is now not processing but forwarding to Bangalore for those items to be delivered in Bangalore, like mine. Purchase protection was to run out on Jan 23; I requested the seller, Aukey Direct, to extend it by 21 days, which they immediately did.

I ordered a pack of charging cables, a three-port car charger, and a 5-port wall charger.

As an example, my Samsung supplied charger and cable would charge at only 0.4A when the phone battery was at 87%. With the Aukey cable, the same charger charges at 0.9A when the battery was at 87%. Even when the battery was low, the charger would not charge at the rated 1.0A. but at 0.65 or 0.7A. So I'm very happy despite the 41 days from order placed to items received.

The Aukey products are very well made, were very nicely packed. They put US $19 on the label on the package, saying it contained USB cables. My actual order amount was double that! Customes did not even open it.
Old 26th January 2016, 22:10   #4504
Senior - BHPian

My order through ali express was dispatched and I was provided a tracking number to track through www.17track.net/en/ . Now, the item shows it reached India 10 days back, I do not know how to check it further. does anyone know?
Old 26th January 2016, 22:15   #4505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
My order through ali express was dispatched and I was provided a tracking number to track through www.17track.net/en/ . Now, the item shows it reached India 10 days back, I do not know how to check it further. does anyone know?
I assume your order was sent by China Post or SG Post. If that's the case then once it arrives in India, it goes through customs which easily takes 10-15 days. After that India Post takes over. You can track it on India Post website.
Hope it helps
Old 26th January 2016, 22:17   #4506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
I assume your order was sent by China Post or SG Post. If that's the case then once it arrives in India, it goes through customs which easily takes 10-15 days. After that India Post takes over. You can track it on India Post website.
Hope it helps
Thanks, will the tracking number still be the same?
Old 27th January 2016, 10:47   #4507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well! The issue type 'forgot to add coupon' leads to a message which says 'If you forgot to apply the promocode for your order, then your order is not eligible for cashback offer. Please apply promo code in future orders to avail the benefits.'
Hi, call up the customer care and explain them the issue - I made this mistake once and I called up the customer care and with a little persuasion from my end, they added the cashback amount to my wallet.

--Anoop
Old 27th January 2016, 11:54   #4508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Hi, call up the customer care and explain them the issue - I made this mistake once and I called up the customer care and with a little persuasion from my end, they added the cashback amount to my wallet.
My experience is mixed. Sometimes they underlying software system is simply not capable of retroactively applying promo codes. But more often, the b-school types who designed the promotion make assumptions in their analysis on the percentage of eligible users who use the code; their cost-benefit equation goes for a toss if people ask for the benefit of them later on.
Old 27th January 2016, 12:13   #4509
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it will remain the same.
Old 27th January 2016, 12:15   #4510
BHPian

Quote:
Same tracking number holds good.You can track on 17track.net or http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ for regular updates
Old 27th January 2016, 12:47   #4511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I ordered a Mi 16000 Mah power bank, but the Indian Customs send it back. Raised a dispute and showed the tracking info which said returned by customs, so got the refund.

--Anoop
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Batteries/Battery products are no longer allowed to be imported by Indian Customs. Even if you order, they will be sent back.
Yes. This was the case in the past (around 2014). I was not sure if they are still sending back batteries. It is sad if this is still the same in 2016.
Old 27th January 2016, 13:31   #4512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
Sorry for this noob question. I have done online shopping via flipkart, amazon, snapdeal, urban ladder, pepperfry and all these sell only new products (snapdeal has recently started used products I believe). In ebay, its a mix of used and new products. What I want to know is about paytm. Does it also sell used products like ebay or it sells only new products? I can see some good deals in paytm in which they have mentioned about some cashback. How does this cash back function? Will the money come back to our bank or it goes to paytm wallet in which we can use it to buy only from paytm?

The return policy in flipkart, etc is very smooth process. How is it in paytm?
Paytm sells only new products. However, I have had bad experience with them where a fake product was sent by the seller. Return was smooth and prompt but it leaves a doubt in my mind, because i may not always be able to detect a product as genuine or fake. Since then I have been sticking to Amazon and Flipkart for higher value products, that too only if they are labeled as "Amazon fulfilled"/"Flipkart advantage", which will have less chances of fake products. For low value products i can take a chance, depending on the nature of the product.

Last edited by JonSnow : 27th January 2016 at 13:33.
Old 27th January 2016, 14:14   #4513
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, call up the customer care and explain them the issue - I made this mistake once and I called up the customer care and with a little persuasion from my end, they added the cashback amount to my wallet.--Anoop
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
My experience is mixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
The first level of customer care executives won't help. They answer like a bunch of robots; however much you try, you'll get the same answer. There's an option to escalate the issue to the next level, in case the first level isn't able to resolve your issue. A strongly worded complaint, and your cashback should be in your wallet soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
sorry about that as I hadn't had this issue myself. If you have the same deal going just return the item with a reason such as size mismatch or something and reorder.
Thanks Guys! Had written to customer care, and they came back saying they will credit the wallet with cashback in 48 hours.
Old 27th January 2016, 14:30   #4514
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Guys! Had written to customer care, and they came back saying they will credit the wallet with cashback in 48 hours.

Even I had missed applying promo code for a 35% cash back on my purchase of ProKlear product around 15 days back and I had left it thinking, it was my mistake. Now that I read this, I have sent a mail to customer care requesting for a cash back. Hope I too would get.
Old 27th January 2016, 16:18   #4515
BHPian

Quote:
Update:

First I got a reply from the customer care saying they cannot provide cash back since I had not applied promo code.

Wait, there is more, again I got a mail in half hour mentioning that I would get a cash back .

Thanks guys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks