Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2016, 10:03   #5101
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Any inputs would be appreciated regarding tracking of items to be delivered by China Post Ordinary Small Packet Plus. The tracking number is 038284XXXXX. Aliexpress site is showing tracking within China only.
Dont ever use China post ordinary thingummy. Most items have options of other shipping methods, and even if they dont have for registered, which typically adds 1-2$ for smaller items, you can look at another seller.
For now, keep a watch on buyer protection timeline, and if its about to expire, renew it. Youre at the mercy of the post office guys now. Your money is safe. I have got refunds or reships for such items in the past.
Old 25th October 2016, 14:43   #5102
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone has experience in buying car spares from Aliexpress? Are they dependable to stuff like Denso ignition coil which otherwise cost a bomb locally ?
Old 25th October 2016, 16:10   #5103
Senior - BHPian

Had another good experience shopping with Amazon.
Ordered a pair of shoes on 23rd afternoon with an estimated delivery date of 28th.

Package left from Haryana the same day and I just received an SMS in afternoon today that it's arriving early, out for delivery.

Same day 23rd, ordered some clothes from Jabong, and their status updated today as dispatched. Initial delivery time was by 29th, now changed by them to 1st.

Old 26th October 2016, 01:03   #5104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
My lost Amaazon.UK order: so far so good...

Despatched from Germany on 19th, arrived Chennai, via Dubai and Mumbai, on 21st. Less than 24 hours!

The big test is how long it takes to cover the last few km. Supposed to arrive Monday.
Well, it arrived on 24th, so yes, it took a lot longer to cover the last few km.

Frustratingly, somehow, the lost item (no movement since 7th on tracking) also turned up the same day and I had forgotten to tell my wife that it must (as per Amozon's instructions) be rejected. I was out of the house, and Mrs G accepted the delivery.

I immediately emailed Amazon, who replied within a couple of hours, with return labels, requesting to return the item any way I choose, forward them a copy of the bill, and they will refund the charges. This is a 10K computer soundcard: I can't use two, and I certainly don't want to buy two!

Whilst it is some work for me, I think that Amazon.UK's responses have been timely and reasonable. I expect the courier bill will be around Rs.5,000. We'll see what happens...
Old 26th October 2016, 09:36   #5105
BHPian

The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I can't use two, and I certainly don't want to buy two!
I expect the courier bill will be around Rs.5,000.
If you liked it maybe others will too. Place an ad for it on OLX and see if you get any hits over the next day or two before you actually ship it out.
Old 26th October 2016, 09:54   #5106
BHPian

How does the warranty work on sites like Amazon / Flipkart? Even though they give the invoice but there's no dealer's stamp on the warranty card.

Do service centres accept the warranty card for items like say a watch bought online?

Last edited by The Brutailer : 26th October 2016 at 09:56.
Old 26th October 2016, 14:41   #5107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
If you liked it maybe others will too. Place an ad for it on OLX and see if you get any hits over the next day or two before you actually ship it out.
Sound cards are rather out of fashion these days. If I had been stuck with it, I would have advertised it on HiFiVision. Will reconsider, but I only have a few days to get the thing on the way back, and don't want to miss the deadline.

But thanks for the suggestion

(It's an ESI Juli@, by the way, in case anyone is desperate for one. Also it is for a PCI slot, which makes it less future-proof. This is not an advertisement: I really do intend to send it off as soon as I can)

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 26th October 2016 at 14:43.
Old 26th October 2016, 18:50   #5108
BHPian

Has anyone here ordered anything from http://www.shenzhenaudio.com/
Appreciate if you can share the experience in ordering and delivery time. I'm looking to buy a headphone amp costing around 250$.
Old 4th November 2016, 12:02   #5109
Senior - BHPian

Another amazon issue:

Placed an order for a phone case (list price: 999/- with discount of some 80%). But actual product has a MRP tag of 199/-. They jacked up the price more than 5 times of MRP to show fake discount. Reported this issue to amazon, their feedback is not so encouraging, and say they can't do anything. This order is fulfilled by amazon, and even now I see the same item listed on amazon.

This company calls themselves "earth's most customer centric company" - frauds!

Last edited by Latheesh : 4th November 2016 at 12:03.
Old 4th November 2016, 12:20   #5110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Another amazon issue:

Placed an order for a phone case (list price: 999/- with discount of some 80%). But actual product has a MRP tag of 199/-. They jacked up the price more than 5 times of MRP to show fake discount. Reported this issue to amazon, their feedback is not so encouraging, and say they can't do anything. This order is fulfilled by amazon, and even now I see the same item listed on amazon.

Have you initiated a return for the item? You can write a review on the product page that shows the correct MRP with photo for potential buyers for awareness.

Try to initiate a refund and see how that goes.
Old 4th November 2016, 13:13   #5111
BHPian

Quote:

This is usually the case with electronics. Usual defense is Chinese good + Currency fluctuation etc.

However Each time this happened to me, I wrote jeff at amazon.com directly, noting criminal act by his company! Each time logistic head contact and resolved my issue by,
1) Apology + Rs 100 Gift coupon.
2) Getting discount at actual MRP. (i.e. in your case getting product at Rs. 40? The difference between invoice an Rs. 40 is refunded!)
3) Updated in product page with actual MRP changed.

You may try the same. After writing to Jeff I get above resolution within 3 days! May be you can also try.
Old 4th November 2016, 13:13   #5112
BHPian

Quote:
Another amazon issue:

I can understand how it feels to be "cheated".
But one should know that the tampered glass/mobile cover market is actually an unorganized market with most of the companies just stating whatever they wish. Be it on their packaging or product description.

In fact most of the mobile covers I'd bought had MRP insanely jacked up but we all know that it's not the case.

I would advice you to write a review on product page just to caution the prospective buyers or at most, initiate the return if you feel the product is not worth 200 bucks.

Cheers
Old 4th November 2016, 13:46   #5113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post

Try to initiate a refund and see how that goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post

You may try the same. After writing to Jeff I get above resolution within 3 days! May be you can also try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post

I would advice you to write a review on product page just to caution the prospective buyers or at most, initiate the return if you feel the product is not worth 200 bucks.

Cheers
I replied their latest email communication and CC ed to Jeff. Let me see how it goes!
Old 4th November 2016, 15:11   #5114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I replied their latest email communication and CC ed to Jeff. Let me see how it goes!
You'll get an email from some 'customer service manager's claiming to be responding on behalf of Jeff, promising a 'pricing review' with the vendor and offer you a gift card to make you go away.

The pricing tactics you mention are widespread and their own official seller Couldtail does it extensively. Don't expect any 'real' changes.
Old 4th November 2016, 17:04   #5115
BHPian

Why bother buying Chinese items on Amazon from Indian resellers? Buy directly from Alibaba. It'll take a while to deliver, but at least they won't be thieving.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks