Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2013, 09:43   #526
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Believe Flipkart is feeling the heat of Amazon.in.

Saw today the deals for good discount on books.
Old 10th June 2013, 10:47   #527
Senior - BHPian

Yea. Crazy discounts 60% off. Time to buy some juicy comics
Old 10th June 2013, 11:00   #528
BHPian

snapdeal is offering some Meguiars products online and some are less expensive that bringingbest.
Old 10th June 2013, 13:41   #529
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Yea. Crazy discounts 60% off.
That probably means clearing stock at a loss. I'm a shopping vulture, and quite happy to take advantage of clearance sales and closures, but, in this instance, I'd far rather see Flipkart continuing to offer such a choice of books into the future.

Anyway, I suppose I'd better go and see if any of the stuff on my wish list got reduced...
Old 10th June 2013, 14:29   #530
Senior - BHPian

Here you go TEG, 60% off on books @ Flipkart, something they call the Monday sale. A fortnight ago it was 50% off.

http://www.flipkart.com/books/~upto-...t_banner_tab_2

I am thinking of waiting for some more time, maybe they will start giving away books for free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
That probably means clearing stock at a loss. I'm a shopping vulture, and quite happy to take advantage of clearance sales and closures, but, in this instance, I'd far rather see Flipkart continuing to offer such a choice of books into the future.

Anyway, I suppose I'd better go and see if any of the stuff on my wish list got reduced...
Old 10th June 2013, 15:31   #531
BHPian

Do TBHPians use Big Basket (www.bigbasket.com) for your weekly shopping? I have been using this for the past 4 months and so far have had no complaints.

Helps in 2 ways - cuts down on impulse shopping in Supermarkets and saves a lot of time buying veggies and grocery items. Simply saving the time for is good enough to use it.

I have found at vertain times that some of the veggies are not upto the mark the you give them a call and it is sorted! Very good experience so far.

Do take a look.
Old 12th June 2013, 15:39   #532
Distinguished - BHPian

Slightly OT, but here's a 'red' cow on sale on OLX! Do stop to read the description of the cow too:
http://kottayam.olx.in/red-colou-vec...-iid-518864987
Old 12th June 2013, 15:59   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Slightly OT, but here's a 'red' cow on sale on OLX! Do stop to read the description of the cow too:
http://kottayam.olx.in/red-colou-vec...-iid-518864987
Absolutely hillarious man. Have been using this ad to tease one of my office colleagues who (un)fortunatley is from Kottayam.
Old 12th June 2013, 16:03   #534
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Absolutely hillarious man. Have been using this ad to tease one of my office colleagues who (un)fortunatley is from Kottayam.
And the way it describes the cow, something like body colored bumpers. Probably the cow is the top end-version, not the basic model
Old 15th June 2013, 19:34   #535
Senior - BHPian

I wanted to buy a Samsung Car Charger from Flipkart. Since the item price was less than Rs 500, I clubbed some cosmetic items along with it to make the total order above Rs 500 (Flipkart charges a delivery charge of Rs 50 if the order value is less than Rs 500).

My car charger was shipped from Mumbai, whereas the other items were shipped from Delhi. I am located in Bangalore.

I was under the impression that all the items would be consolidated at their facility in Bangalore and then delivered to me in a single package, in order to optimise their delivery process.

But to my surprise, the car charger has been delivered to me and I am awaiting the delivery of the other items in the order.

I'm not complaining, in fact I'm very impressed that they delivered one item without waiting for all items in the order to be received. But I don't see their logic in having a minimum order value of Rs 500 when they are delivering the items individually.

Rohan
Old 15th June 2013, 20:53   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
But I don't see their logic
Had they been offering free shipping irrespective of the order value, you won't have bought cosmetic items.

May be it's their gimmick to make us shop more
Old 18th June 2013, 19:22   #537
Senior - BHPian

On the 6th of this month, i bit the bullet and ordered a wireless adapter [belkin n600] from a powerseller with 99%+ positive rating. Product was not available with the company [belkin] and had no luck getting it.

Anyways, product was supposed to be shipped on the 11th as the last date. If not i was supposed to get an automatic refund. Neither happened.

Seller called me up. Says product lost in transit and that this was the last unit with him. Wanted me to transfer Rs.900 directly into his account bypassing ebay so that he could send a better model [n750]!

What was even surprising was that even now his page in ebay shows he has 9 in stock.

Finally after calls and mails to ebay, they verified that shipment has not happened and that refund will be made in a day. What was very surprising was the ebay call center exec repeatedly saying it was not the seller's fault. So i asked her then is it ebay's fault. She said no to that as well

Thank god for paisapay protection.
Old 18th June 2013, 22:23   #538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On the 6th of this month, i bit the bullet and ordered a wireless adapter [belkin n600] from a powerseller with 99%+ positive rating. Product was not available with the company [belkin] and had no luck getting it.

Anyways, product was supposed to be shipped on the 11th as the last date. If not i was supposed to get an automatic refund. Neither happened.

Seller called me up. Says product lost in transit and that this was the last unit with him. Wanted me to transfer Rs.900 directly into his account bypassing ebay so that he could send a better model [n750]!

What was even surprising was that even now his page in ebay shows he has 9 in stock.

Finally after calls and mails to ebay, they verified that shipment has not happened and that refund will be made in a day. What was very surprising was the ebay call center exec repeatedly saying it was not the seller's fault. So i asked her then is it ebay's fault. She said no to that as well

Is that a powerseller?

I had ordered a Guess Belt from Global ebay in feb. Received it in 7 days flat. Unfortunately lost it recently at the hotel room i was staying in. Ordered again the same one on Global ebay. This time received in 10 days. So very good experience overall.
Old 18th June 2013, 22:27   #539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Paisapay protection I think works only if you report within the stipulated time, that you did not receive the item. Quoting from Ebay's emails:

D-4 email:
"You need to confirm whether you received the item or not through My PaisaPay. If you do not take any action by [date], we will presume that you have received the item."

D+1 email:
"This is to inform you that the item [product] has been treated as received by you, since you did not confirm the receipt of the item by [date]."
Old 18th June 2013, 22:34   #540
Senior - BHPian

@Harry: Yes it was a powerseller.

@Binand: i think that would be for materials which have been shipped. in my case it was not even shipped.

Most Viewed