Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2017, 21:59   #5491
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Has anyone purchased electronics from infibeam.com? I've only once shopped from infibeam many years ago before the whole e-commerce boom.

Lately, I've seen that many products are available at huge discount as compared to their market rate. Even the Galaxy S8, which is sold for the same prices pan-India is available at a slight discount on Infibeam.

Are they selling genuine and new products? Have you guys ordered anything recently?
Old 23rd July 2017, 22:38   #5492
Senior - BHPian

Engine/Gearbox Under Cover for Elite i20 Price on Boodmo from Rs. 962/- to Rs. 4943/-

I want to buy Engine/Gearbox Under Cover for our Elite i20 as the same has been broken by our driver (Don't know where and how).

When I checked the Price of Engine/Gearbox Under Cover for Elite i20 on Boodmo/oriparts, the following was discovered-

Under Cover for Hyundai Elite i20 Crdi

After clicking on the Price for the Part No- 29110-C7000 (Fig No. 29110C), the page that opened displayed the Price for the Under Cover varying from Rs. 962/- to Rs.4943/- (All Sellers Offer Free Delivery).

On a lighter note, I hope the Part with Rs.4943/- Price Tag comes with Unbreakable Lifetime Warranty.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 23rd July 2017 at 22:39.
Old 24th July 2017, 09:54   #5493
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Has anyone purchased electronics from infibeam.com? I've only once shopped from infibeam many years ago before the whole e-commerce boom.

Lately, I've seen that many products are available at huge discount as compared to their market rate. Even the Galaxy S8, which is sold for the same prices pan-India is available at a slight discount on Infibeam.

Are they selling genuine and new products? Have you guys ordered anything recently?
Yup, I have bought around 3 / 4 times from them at good deals. Pretty safe I think. They provide some excellent discount codes plus credit card offers too, so do your Googling first :-)
Old 24th July 2017, 11:38   #5494
Senior - BHPian

Anyone here heard or bought something from Cardercity? Order has to be placed on instagram. Apparently, any mobile available on Amazon or Flipkart, they will sell it to you at 25-30% of the price.
The offers seem too good to be true, and we all know how it is with things too good to be true.
The person who informed me about it said not to worry since they allow cash on delivery. But I am still skeptical.
Old 25th July 2017, 17:10   #5495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Anyone here heard or bought something from Cardercity? Order has to be placed on instagram. Apparently, any mobile available on Amazon or Flipkart, they will sell it to you at 25-30% of the price.
The offers seem too good to be true, and we all know how it is with things too good to be true.
I tried to google "cardercity" but turned up with nothing. Then today I searched for "Carder" and voila. Following is what I came to know
Quote:
"Carders" are the people who buy, sell, and trade online the credit card data stolen from phishing sites or from large data breaches at retail stores.
It is a fraud on someone else's money and totally unethical.
I wouldn't touch it by a barge pole.
Old 25th July 2017, 23:00   #5496
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't know what has become of Heinz, here in Chennai, but I'd find life hard without their ketchup. Have tried four supermarkets and drawn a blank. I do not usually regard the internet as a grocery source, but my wife suggested Big Basket. Opened an account there and ordered four bottles. Fingers crossed! Either they arrive, or they my posts will be getting very tetchy due to withdrawal symptoms!
Old 26th July 2017, 10:06   #5497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I do not usually regard the internet as a grocery source, but my wife suggested Big Basket. Opened an account there and ordered four bottles. Fingers crossed! Either they arrive, or they my posts will be getting very tetchy due to withdrawal symptoms!
I don't think you will be getting withdrawal symptoms anytime soon. BigBasket is a reasonably efficient online grocery store - from my experience. They have a 90 minute express delivery too in the evening.
But there is a caveat - their cold storage meat/sea food is pathetic. They don't seem to have a freezer facility in their warehouse. This affects all perishable items. For vegetables and normal groceries, they are good and charge the same as your neighborhood vendor.
Old 26th July 2017, 10:35   #5498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't know what has become of Heinz, here in Chennai, but I'd find life hard without their ketchup. Have tried four supermarkets and drawn a blank. I do not usually regard the internet as a grocery source, but my wife suggested Big Basket. Opened an account there and ordered four bottles. Fingers crossed! Either they arrive, or they my posts will be getting very tetchy due to withdrawal symptoms!
I dont think you will go wrong with BB when it comes to ordering things like ketchup. I have also been a loyal Heinz user for over 15 years. Nothing else comes close. My experience with BB has been mostly positive. They don't do a very good job with fresh veggies but anything else is ok.
Old 26th July 2017, 14:49   #5499

Where can I buy some good quality microfibre cloth? I want these for cleaning spectacles' lenses and LCD/Phone screens.
Old 26th July 2017, 15:58   #5500
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
BigBasket is a reasonably efficient online grocery store - from my experience. ... ... ...
But there is a caveat - their cold storage meat/sea food is pathetic. ... ... ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I dont think you will go wrong with BB when it comes to ordering things like ketchup. I have also been a loyal Heinz user for over 15 years. Nothing else comes close. My experience with BB has been mostly positive. They don't do a very good job with fresh veggies but anything else is ok.
Thanks. A pleasant lady called me this morning to confirm my address. On the site is says to click a button to locate on a map. This is a really good idea for deliveries, which I have not seen before with online services other than cabs. But... no button. Anyway the lady assured me that all would be well and my order would arrive in the evening.

I will only order stuff online if I cannot easily get it locally. Or perhaps if I am feeling really, really lazy. Mostly I actually enjoy going to the local supermarkets, and every day shopping just appears in the kitchen somehow. I think the maid might be involved.

hrman, purists say that Heinz ketchup does not even merit the name (fruit percentage etc) but I say that, for a lifetime, it has defined tomato ketchup for me and, indeed, nothing else will do! Sugar? Yes. So what! Nothing dishonest about their ingredients list: it is there for all to read. And they were not using colourings and artificial flavour long before the rest of the world learned to spell o-r-g-a-n-i-c
Old 26th July 2017, 17:06   #5501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hrman, purists say that Heinz ketchup does not even merit the name (fruit percentage etc) but I say that, for a lifetime, it has defined tomato ketchup for me and, indeed, nothing else will do! Sugar? Yes. So what! Nothing dishonest about their ingredients list: it is there for all to read. And they were not using colourings and artificial flavour long before the rest of the world learned to spell o-r-g-a-n-i-c
I have tried Town essentials for their vegetables in Bangalore. Good quality of produce, slightly higher priced. But nothing to beat the see and buy you get in local markets.

I remember around the onset of the Star TV channels, we used to sporadically get some phoren ads on our TV. One Heinz ad featured the ketchup being poured on a fork and not spilling. That clinched the deal for me and Ive not gone to any other brand since. Although, I do feel over a period of a few years, the ketchup has gradually become less thick. But still much better than other brands.
Old 26th July 2017, 18:46   #5502
Distinguished - BHPian

... How long will the mods permit this ketchup discussion? Oh well, at least it is not on a motoring thread! Oh wait, I'm buying mine online so it isn't really off-topic!

One of the greatest advancements of modern science in my life is the Heinz "upside down" bottle! It still needs to be shaken once in a while, as the thinner liquid will rise to the top, but that liquid does not spill out onto the plate, nor is there ever any thick plug of sauce in the bottle neck. Wonderful. Better than ABS!

Old 30th July 2017, 11:13   #5503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post

It is a good ecommerce site.There products are genuine and returns are also easy.I have bought Laser Printer,Scanner and several books.Majic box offers are attractive,sometimes.Incidentally,they are one of the official online shops for Apple products like iPhone.
Old 30th July 2017, 15:19   #5504
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... How long will the mods permit this ketchup discussion?
Final instalment...

Yes, four bottles of ketchup arrived, on time as promised. And we all lived happily ever after

The only thing was that, whereas Amazon might have packed it in an oversize cadrboard box, Big Basket didn't pack it all. Not even in a cover.
Old 2nd August 2017, 22:50   #5505
Lij
BHPian

Didn't have a good experience with infibeam.com and this was my first purchase there.

I ordered a Moto E4 from their website which included a VR set free and a 1% additional discounts on Debit / Credit card purchases. Placed order on 26 Jul, latest shipment date was 29th Jul and latest delivery dates 2nd Aug.

26 Jul - Order placed, amount debited and order status Processed.
29 Jul - Order status processed, not yet shipped. When I inquire they said 29 Jul is the latest date of order shipment and asked me to wait it out till EOD.
30 Jul - Not yet shipped. Customer care says that there is a delay due to non availability of stock from Manufacturer. I decided to wait it out further.
1 Aug - Customer Care says they still don't have product and order will take time. I promptly ask them to cancel it in that case.

Since Infibeam or the seller didn't have stock in hand the product should have shown as out-of-stock on their website. In fact all these days the phone shows in stock and shipment in 2-3 days!!

Now I await the amount to be refunded in 5-7 days. How do they expect to retain this customer?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks