Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2020, 19:21   #6706
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna182 View Post
Aliexpress blocked in India.
Things on AliExpress has been very slow since the last few months. Most of the sellers don't ship to India or charge very high shipping charges. With this ban, it would mean no more shopping on AliExpress. Certainly, not happy with this news. It has been the one stop shop for everything.
logicalidiot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 19:41   #6707
Senior - BHPian

Not good news. While I wear my patriotism on my sleeve, I am not for this move.
I guess DX.com is an option but just a matter of time before this is blocked as well. Hope something good comes out of this (cheaper manufacturing in India, more demand, better quality etc.)
hrman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 22:01   #6708
Senior - BHPian

Only the AliExpress app is banned. The website is working on the PC as well as phone.
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 10:23   #6709
BHPian

Now the import of phones made in China is getting banned. This is a welcome step if we had the factories producing the same stuff in a vertically integrated supply chain. Otherwise, it just leads to sellers charging more from consumers for substandard products.

https://www.gsmarena.com/india_obstr...news-46460.php
Cessna182 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 13:01   #6710
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys,

I am thinking of importing toys from Japan via Ebay. Does anyone have an experience with such an import from Ebay? Any pointers regarding the custom duty that maybe charged? And if it will be charged, can I do it via some government portal or will I be charged by the courier agency?

Thanks.
Old 20th December 2020, 13:33   #6711
Senior - BHPian

Any recent online shopping experiences with Reliance Digital?

I am planning to order a hard drive and their prices are significantly lower than Amazon and other mainstream players.
self_driven is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 15:42   #6712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
One of the members bought his Toshiba LED from Reliance Digital (online). Pls check the LED/LCD TV thread for details.

Even otherwise I don't see anything going wrong with the purchase from the likes of Croma, Reliance Digital, etc. as long as the buyer is aware about the terms & conditions of the purchase.
Safety is Param is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 01:16   #6713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post

I am planning to order a hard drive and their prices are significantly lower than Amazon and other mainstream players.
Plenty! I regularly buy from them and the experience has been pretty good. Purchases range from household appliances to TVs and the most recent one, iPad Air 2020.
ValarMorghulis is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 14:00   #6714
BHPian

I found something interesting on Cloudtail site. They also offer E Waste recycling.

https://www.cloudtail.in/e-waste-policy.php
Thilak29 is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 15:24   #6715
BHPian

So was at the receiving end of my first (and hopefully last) Amazon shipping/ seller fraud. Ordered a Logitech M585 mouse. What I got:
1. Already opened plastic case of M590 (inside the wrapping)
2. A used Logitech M337 mouse with receiver missing

Have been a member since God knows when and have ordered numerous products including 27" monitor, iPhone 11, Samsung M31 and what not. This is my first such experience.
ValarMorghulis is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 17:03   #6716
BANNED

People need to be careful with "no cost" EMI on Reliance Digital. The usual process on both FK and Amazon is to give an upfront discount / cashback by the seller (that is, FK or Amzn) equal to interest + taxes, while the buyer gets charged for the EMI + interest + taxes each month. So, if ₹ 1000 is EMI, for 3 months, and monthly interest is ₹ I and taxes per month is ₹ T, I got an upfront cashback of ₹ 3I + ₹ 3T. Not so on Rdigital. And they still call it "no cost EMI".

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 22nd December 2020 at 17:04.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 18:16   #6717
BHPian

But did they charge interest later on? Did you pay more than 333.33 each month ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
People need to be careful with "no cost" EMI on Reliance Digital. The usual process on both FK and Amazon is to give an upfront discount / cashback by the seller (that is, FK or Amzn) equal to interest + taxes, while the buyer gets charged for the EMI + interest + taxes each month. So, if ₹ 1000 is EMI, for 3 months, and monthly interest is ₹ I and taxes per month is ₹ T, I got an upfront cashback of ₹ 3I + ₹ 3T. Not so on Rdigital. And they still call it "no cost EMI".

Last edited by inder : 22nd December 2020 at 18:17.
Old 24th December 2020, 17:33   #6718
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
But did they charge interest later on? Did you pay more than 333.33 each month ?
Yes. There is a debit and credit entry for full amount. Plus one entry for interest and another for taxes. The EMI will show up in the statement, I suppose. That will be generated on 25 / 26. So will know in a couple of days.
Old 3rd January 2021, 16:21   #6719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I found something interesting on Cloudtail site. They also offer E Waste recycling.

https://www.cloudtail.in/e-waste-policy.php
Is this a free service or do they charge for the pick up?
Old 29th January 2021, 17:27   #6720
Senior - BHPian

Its frustrating when online orders go wrong and the customer support wants proof of their bad packaging to issue a refund. It is not a huge deal for me or for many to click a photo and send it to them, but the same cannot be said for the elderly when they have to do the same to prove to the customer support that they are not lying. Everyone has a different learning curve for technology in their old age, some pick it up and some just shun it or feel intimidated by something as simple as clicking a photo and uploading to a link.

In this delivery two packets were damaged and contents spilled inside the shipping carton. When customer service was contacted they wanted pictures before they can issue a refund or even apologise for the damaged product. I asked them if they do not trust their customer and that's when the executive said "Sorry" for the damaged item. I decided I am not sending them the photos to claim refund for the damaged item. I can but I am not sending, in other cases they may not be genuinely possible to send photos of damaged item. This was a pantry order where they charge extra for delivery even for prime customers and this is how they do it.

The Online Shopping Thread-chat1.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-chat2.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-chat3.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-chat4.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-chat5.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-img_20210129_161549.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-img_20210129_161556.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-img_20210129_161737.jpg

Like I said not everyone is tech savvy to even take a pic and upload it, if I had arranged for this to be delivered to my in-laws they couldn't claim a refund because no photos.

This is not the first time receiving damaged orders when we buy household items. Many times I have let it slide without even contacting CS because I know it would be frustrating. Spilled liquid laundry detergent was a routine case and so I stopped buying that from Amazon altogether.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks