Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2021, 17:43   #6991
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Aside...
Absolutely not. I do not think Dyson can possibly be worth it.

But no, I know you didn't ask... and, if it's your choice, enjoy!
Well I had not much choice really - the Home Minister wanted it
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 17:53   #6992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
no shopping apps on any of my devices. As an additional barrier, I always log out of sites while using via browsers
Same here. I always browse items without logging in, on a PC, as apart from my search history there is no "personalised" discounts etc. that it can contribute to. The only thing required is the pin code for delivery times, which can be entered without logging in.

Both Amazon/ Flipkart uses cookies to preserve that pin code for enough duration. And no shopping apps on the phone either - I find the screen size too small for shopping. I need to see better and am more comfortable on a PC.

It is also easier on the PC to have Amazon India site on one window (India pincode), Keepa on another, and Amazon US site on the 3rd (with a US pincode) for some trader-level analysis of the market.
mayukh42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 17:57   #6993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
I wanted to order one half face Vega helmet and the Amazon Great Indian festival price was Rs 834. Checked keepa and price history websites and the price before the Great Indian festival was Rs 785.

This whole Great Indian festival thing is a joke
Not the whole thing though. I think people like me are just not organized enough to make use of these deals. I had planned to get a decent laptop since quite some time.

Didn't really pick out the exact model but had the specs in mind. On the day of the sale I did see one laptop that dropped in price by Rs. 20k from it's usual sale price. But I procrastinated too long on it and it finally went out of stock while I was on the payment page.

Checked later on twitter and reddit and realized that I had missed an incredible deal.
JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 18:28   #6994
BHPian

Shady marketing practices by Amazon.

Amazon pulled a quick one on me today!

I have been looking to buy a trimmer and finalized a Philips model a couple of days back. I went to the product page and saw that it is listed for INR 1724. Just below, it is mentioned, “Pay 974 with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card. Apply & get the card in 30 minutes on approval” (Ref: Screenshot).

I looked into the card offering to see the other details like cashback to prime members and no card membership fee. I felt it is worthy apply for the card to get the trimmer at such discount and also as I keep purchasing on Amazon regularly. I clicked on the hyperlink (the same text quoted above). I was asked Aadhar and PAN details for eKYC, address details, and confirmation of employment details through official email, which was followed by a video KYC, where they took the photo, verified PAN card and signature, and confirmed me the process was successful and I’ll be receiving the card details shortly (didn’t specify time) on mail and imobile app.

After waiting for three hours, I didn’t get any details, and I reached out to the helpline number on the application page. ICICI customer service member replies that the application is successful and I will receive the card details in 7 working days. When I asked him, it says 30 mins on Amazon, he re-affirms that they don’t know about it. Then I called amazon customer service and was answered by Ms. Sapna. She is patient in listening and answering queries but with zero resolution powers. When I shared the screenshots and asked her about it, I got the following response-
  • As it says “30 minutes on approval”, and it will take 7 days for that “approval” to happen. How does that matter if I have to wait for 30 minutes after waiting 7 days?
  • The promotional pricing is not valid all the time. The pricing of 974 may not be guaranteed even with the card after 7 days, as confirmed by customer service. (This pricing is there the day before yesterday and today. Yesterday it was at regular price)
  • If the pricing is not guaranteed, why do they have to link the credit card to promo price and say you will get it in 30 minutes, when nowhere all through the application process it is indicated that it takes 7 days.
  • The customer service agent says you should have called before applying for the card, and then we would have indicated that it would take 7 days.

Basically, it is not as easy to cancel your credit card as you get it. Many unsuspecting customers will be left with it or being lied about it. Needless to say, I’m going to terminate the application. I used to have a bit of respect for amazon for its customer-friendly attitude, but I don’t understand what’s the need in resorting to such shady and unethical marketing tactics, that too for selling credit cards. Don’t we have banks for that to be crooked enough?
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-amz-1.png  

JReacher13 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 19:25   #6995
BHPian

The recent Big Bold Sale on Ajio was a total steal, we usually shop for our kids on the app and get some Amazing deals there.

Some of the kids wear sold for as low as 75Rs, Pepe Shirts for as low as 500rs, I had to send my shirts back as I ordered incorrect sizes.

Pro-
  • Prices are generally lower.
  • They have a huge collection of most brands
  • Returns are easy and no questions asked
Cons -
  • Shipping is slow and will take days for delivery.
  • Single order is shipped individually, you end up with multiple packages.
  • Returns too are slow, we have had returns take a month once.

Last edited by motorpsycho : 8th October 2021 at 19:29.
motorpsycho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 19:34   #6996
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JReacher13 View Post
When I asked him, it says 30 mins on Amazon, he re-affirms that they don’t know about it.
I had applied for it and it was a breeze. Took less than 20 minutes end to end!
BlackPearl is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 20:01   #6997
BHPian

Quote:

Shady marketing practices by Amazon.

A friend of mine applied for the card got the card details within hours via email/SMS and bought a laptop the same day using it and got 5% cashback. This was during Prime sales.
dragonfire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 20:51   #6998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I had applied for it and it was a breeze. Took less than 20 minutes end to end!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
A friend of mine applied for the card got the card details within hours via email/SMS and bought a laptop the same day using it and got 5% cashback. This was during Prime sales.
Glad it worked fine for others. I was expecting it could be a glitch and a resolution from either Amazon or ICICI, but both held their hand up and says it will take 7 days. Seems the policies and resolution matrix has not trickled down to all levels in both companies.
Old 8th October 2021, 21:07   #6999
BHPian

Quote:
Glad it worked fine for others. I was expecting it could be a glitch and a resolution from either Amazon or ICICI, but both held their hand up and says it will take 7 days. Seems the policies and resolution matrix has not trickled down to all levels in both companies.
Are you an existing ICICI bank customer? I just spoke to my friend and he says that the new card appeared in his ICICI account page within a couple of hours of applying. A physical card was sent to him later.
Old 8th October 2021, 21:08   #7000
BHPian

When I applied for the Amazon ICICI card a few months back, they wanted a copy of my Income Tax returns. I understand its due diligence for them, but I didn't want to share ITR(!), that too with Amazon, also they didn't have any other option either. No regrets.
WorkingGuru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 21:14   #7001
BHPian

Made a fool of myself on AJIO. They also seem to be thugs like amazon. I avoid online shopping especially clothes. I like to check the fit, finish and material. The clothes sold online are generally 1 to 2 years old. However, this time I downloaded AJIO thinking that with reliance backing they might be different.

I ordered 2 jeans on 1st oct, the starting day of their much advertised Big Bold sale (1-4 oct). First jeans after discount was priced at 2780, second jeans after discount was priced at 2173, delivery date was 12th oct. Yesterday, I checked the app to see if there was any update about delivery. What do I see, that the first jeans is now priced at 2350, a good 430rs lower than their Big Bold sale. Second jeans is now 180rs lower, priced at rs1993.

To think of it, AJIO is literally cheating their customers. How is it a sale festival, when the items are priced lower with more discounts on normal days? The cancel button was not working. I called their Customer Care. I was told that as the item was packed, I can not cancel now but can refuse the delivery or return it later. I recieved the jeans today. First jeans is of year 2017. Who sells 4 year old clothes? The second jeans is of year 2019.

I will return them after return button starts working as they are yet to update that the product has been delivered.

Last edited by Sran : 8th October 2021 at 21:32.
Sran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 21:34   #7002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Here is a screenshot of a Mobile Order:
Attachment 2216708

It clearly says that the 5% Unlimited Cashback would be adjusted in December Statement. This is in addition to the Instant Discounts.
Yeah I saw this. Just that for every transaction we get a sms saying 5% cashback eligible. But for this didn’t get that so was wondering. Will wait for December bill to verify.

Last edited by SoumenD : 8th October 2021 at 21:41.
Old 8th October 2021, 21:39   #7003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Are you an existing ICICI bank customer? I just spoke to my friend and he says that the new card appeared in his ICICI account page within a couple of hours of applying. A physical card was sent to him later.
No, not an existing ICICI customer. I was told by the ICICI member during the video KYC to download and register on imobile pay app, that digital card will appear on it.

Seems there is no clear internal communication within their teams.
Old 8th October 2021, 21:46   #7004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
Made a fool of myself on AJIO. They also seem to be thugs like amazon. I avoid online shopping especially clothes. I like to check the fit, finish and material. The clothes sold online are generally 1 to 2 years old. However, this time I downloaded AJIO thinking that with reliance backing they might be different.

I ordered 2 jeans on 1st oct, the starting day of their much advertised Big Bold sale (1-4 oct). First jeans after discount was priced at 2780, second jeans after discount was priced at 2173, delivery date was 12th oct. Yesterday, I checked the app to see if there was any update about delivery. What do I see, that the first jeans is now priced at 2350, a good 430rs lower than their Big Bold sale. Second jeans is now 180rs lower, priced at rs1993.

To think of it, AJIO is literally cheating their customers. How is it a sale festival, when the items are priced lower with more discounts on normal days? The cancel button was not working. I called their Customer Care. I was told that as the item was packed, I can not cancel now but can refuse the delivery or return it later. I recieved the jeans today. First jeans is of year 2017. Who sells 4 year old clothes? The second jeans is of year 2019.

I will return them after return button starts working as they are yet to update that the product has been delivered.

Big sale days on all e-commerce sites are dynamic in nature. As far as I know, AJIO extended their sale. And lowering of prices can be due to multiple reasons, it could be that particular brand’s call too, since most product prices are determined by the brands, at least in the case of established ones. Or it could be to counter the discounts on other sites like Myntra etc.

And about 2017 or 2019 merchandise being sold, again it’s nothing new. You will see these instances all the time whether online or even offline. For example even in the physical stores during the end of season sale, the previous 1.5-2 years stocks are sold at 50-70% discounts. I work in this industry, so as much as I can understand your frustration, it’s always a case of target sales and stocks availability.
motorworks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 23:47   #7005
BHPian

Quote:
No, not an existing ICICI customer. I was told by the ICICI member during the video KYC to download and register on imobile pay app, that digital card will appear on it.

Seems there is no clear internal communication within their teams.
That explains. For existing icici customers the procedure could be simpler. Since you are not an existing customer it may have to go through a longer workflow.

When I applied for the flipkart/axis card recently, it took around 3 weeks, and I was not an existing axis bank customer.
dragonfire is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks