Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2022, 17:38   #7051
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
You need to call up and waste your time for hours. Add to that they don't store any details of your last call or the images uploaded. Still they are better because mistakes are less than 5%.
With Amazon i find their chat service much faster than calling them up. Pretty quick responses and speedy resolutions in most cases.
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 00:04   #7052
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
First it was Flipkart and then Amazon. Both have removed their emails from complaints. You need to call up and waste your time for hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
With Amazon i find their chat service much faster than calling them up. Pretty quick responses and speedy resolutions in most cases.
Absolutely. I have hearing problems, and much prefer text of some sort.

I had a junk microwave delivered recently, and it took me several attempts to get the thing picked up and taken away. Unusual for Amazon: I've not had many problems and they are usually easily resolved. With chat, there was always the back story for yet another (and one get through several per episode!) staff member to read up.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 06:35   #7053
Senior - BHPian

Jan and Feb were disastrous ordering from Amazon. A monkey cap delivered instead of a Bose wall mount (Believe it or not). A used air-purifier delivered in two pieces and scuff marks all over. 3D models of a WYZE camera wall mount (USA) delivered instead of the original (Not once, but thrice). Long waiting apart, they sit on your money for eternity. What Amazon has become, of late, is shocking!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I had a junk microwave delivered recently, and it took me several attempts to get the thing picked up and taken away. Unusual for Amazon: I've not had many problems and they are usually easily resolved. With chat, there was always the back story for yet another (and one get through several per episode!) staff member to read up.
Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 00:13   #7054
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Jan and Feb were disastrous ordering from Amazon.
Saga of my microwave...

I bought it (at full MRP!) with two-day delivery promised.

The seller contacted and said "Due to covid" (haa haa) they could not do this but would take several days longer, it will come by Delhivery, and please ignore any tracking updates from Amazon." It all sounds dodgy, and I should have just cancelled. Actually, they despatched it fairly promptly, but somehow delhivery were going to take several days getting it from Delhi to Chennai.

After one fake delivery attempted, the package was delivered. It was in the display box wrapped in bubble-wrap. The display box was old and battered, there was no manual or warranty, and the oven internal packing was not there, allowing the heavy plate to fall around freely. In doing so, it broke the support ring and knocked the driver out of its socket. The mains lead was not coiled, and the plug was crushed.

Complained to Amazon, with the usual pics. They were sympathetic and said they would get it picked up. Delhivery in the scene again. And the seller calling and asking for pics,like they didn't know what kind of rubbish they were sending out. I also complained to amazon about this: they said, not to worry, ignore the guy.

Delhivery took days to collect, including "we could not reach you." I actually complained to Delhivery direct about this.

Eventually, it was collected. To Amazon's credit, they made the refund then, without waiting for the seller to receive it.

Frankly, nothing short of a scam to send out something like that.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 02:34   #7055
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
... Delhivery...
No fan of Amazon, but Delhivery are the choicest sort of crooks on an entirely different level.

I wouldn't be surprised if your package was damaged in transit.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 08:05   #7056
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The seller contacted and said "Due to covid" (haa haa) they could not do this but would take several days longer, it will come by Delhivery, and please ignore any tracking updates from Amazon.
This stuff is good to know and be wary of. Thanks.
binand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 08:40   #7057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Delhivery in the scene again.
A Delhi origin parcel being handled by Delhivery .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
No fan of Amazon, but Delhivery are the choicest sort of crooks on an entirely different level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
I would blame Delhivery here more than Flipkart. I have had many similar experiences with them in the past.

Parcels are not picked up for days, very long delays, sent to the wrong address and returned to the shipper without trying hard to deliver.
I have, over a couple of shipments in the last few years, concluded that the company should go for a name change ASAP.

DELHIWORRY is something that would suit it best.

I don't know whether the very DNA of the company is defective, but none of the shipments that have been routed through it have arrived without me being worried about their safety and their actual deliverability. Some have been lost in transit, a few landed up broken/souped up and others have arrived up at my doorstop after ages of persistent following up.

I have high respect for all delivery folk. But the Delhiverymen do not deserve any. They are indeed a bunch of crooks.

(OT:That the company is going to go public with a 7,500 crore IPO is something I can't really digest or even make any sense of.)

Last edited by dailydriver : 9th February 2022 at 09:04.
dailydriver is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 17:55   #7058
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
No fan of Amazon, but Delhivery ... ... ... I wouldn't be surprised if your package was damaged in transit.
I'm sure it was, but the sender is responsible for proper packing, and it just wasn't properly packed. Before sending it back, I put some rolled-up newspaper in the oven space: they hadn't even bothered to do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
A Delhi origin parcel being handled by Delhivery .

Quote:
I have high respect for all delivery folk. But the Delhiverymen do not deserve any. They are indeed a bunch of crooks.
I've received stuff from them ok in the past. I will never now use them for sending.

I queried it with Amazon, who said "they are one of our 'partners.'" But why would an Amazon seller not use Amazon logistics? I'm sure they wouldn't have taken four days to get a parcel from oone major city to another, even as far apart as Delhi and Chennai.

I have to say that I think the seller was just dodgy in every way: Kitchen Brand Store: is a seller name I shall not forget, or ever buy from again!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 18:32   #7059
BHPian

Come to think of it, a sabotaged (tea packs slashed deliberately) delivery from Goodwyn Tea was couriered via Delhivery. Goodwyn Tea immediately replaced them. They seemed to be aware of the issues with Delhivery.
mvadg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 20:56   #7060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post

DELHIWORRY is something that would suit it best.
I completely agree. I had purchased a study desk from The Armchair. Some of my friends had good experiences with them and so went ahead. The product was despatched in 6 weeks or so through Dhelivery. I got the Airway bill number and started tracking
4 days and the product arrived in Hoskote, Bangalore being the delivery location. This was on a Monday morning. I checked on Monday at noon hoping to see an alert that says "Out for Delivery". To my consternation, the status said package delivered to the wrong city, has been rerouted to Pune. Tried calling Dhelivery and no response. Called up Armchair and they said they will follow up. Waited till end of day. Next day Armchair said they are still trying to trace the package. 2 days on, I check the status and it says product reached Pune and is "Out for Delivery"

And from that day, I get butterflies in my stomach when Amazon shows Dhelievery !!!
subraiyr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 21:26   #7061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
I get butterflies in my stomach when Amazon shows Dhelievery !!!
I had ordered a side stand extender from a seller from Mumbai. The Seller shipped via Delhivery to Pune. The parcel should have taken a maxiimum or 2 or 3 days.
It took 25 days to be delivered, as the parcel went to UP and some other states as well.
Since I could track the Package, I sent the Seller screen shots on the 7th day. He was kind enough to send another one (via Delhivery) again. It reached on the 2nd day.
Now waiting for another Delhivery Parcel from Kerala. Fingers crossed.
Best experience I have had is Tirupati Couriers.
Never had a problem with Amazon Prime delivery as yet.
Happysmiles is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 21:27   #7062
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
... I get butterflies in my stomach when Amazon shows Dhelievery !!!
Amazon never did show Delhivery for my oven: it followed a fictitious Amazon delivery route, including telling me that it would be delivered by two nice people who would carry it to the room of my choice for me. All bullshit because the seller never used Amazon.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 11:59   #7063
BHPian

I had ordered a dashcam from 'nexdigitron' on 6th and it was delivered this morning by 'delhivery'.

I was apprehensive reading the posts here and as such a left a message with the shipper, yesterday evening. The scheduled delivery date was 11th, BUT they delivered a day earlier.
JMaruru is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 12:14   #7064
Senior - BHPian

Oh Delhivery!

I go in to prayer mode moment I get a notification that shipment is dispatched via Delhivery (when I was in Bangalore). They worked surprisingly well in my home town (Kerala) for the few orders they handled.
Latheesh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 23:10   #7065
Senior - BHPian

Agree with everyone here. Without going into too much detail here, delivery experiences so far with Delivery has mostly been utterly terrible.
More vendors have started to use them nowadays probably because they are cheaper (why else?) So the problem is increasing.
We should actively contact vendors and protest against their use of Delivery or cancel our order.
Mortis is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks