Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2022, 15:22   #7186
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Issuing bank specific too I guess. Citi requires me to present an ID to the Blue Dart guy who takes a photo of it with his handheld device. Then I have to use my finger to sign on the touchscreen of the device.
HDFC delivery too involves a combo of OTP + ID proof. No signature though for Blue Dart.

Last edited by Aditya : 11th November 2022 at 18:52. Reason: Typos
.sushilkumar is offline   Received Infraction
Old 15th November 2022, 13:38   #7187
Senior - BHPian

Myntra:

Wanted to buy a couple of trousers and saw that there was a 10% discount on ICICI credit cards for a cart total of Rs.4,000 and above.

I have an Amazon co-branded ICIC credit card.

Checked the terms and conditions page in Myntra and there was no mention of ICICI there, so added a few more products to cross Rs.4,000 and i did not get the discount.

Called up customer care and they said ICIC Amazon card is not eligible and asked me to check the terms and conditions. I told him that I did that but there was no mention of this and he said he can't do anything.

Sent a mail to the grievance officer and someone called me within 5 minutes (pretty good) and she said the same thing. Asked her to check the terms and conditions page, she did and said "yes sir, I can see that this is not listed there". Asked her if it is mentioned anywhere and she said no!

She said she will take my feedback to have it listed on site. Told her that does not help my case and she said she's helpless.

Sigh. Just another bad experience.
deathwalkr is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 13:54   #7188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Myntra:

Wanted to buy a couple of trousers and saw that there was a 10% discount on ICICI credit cards for a cart total of Rs.4,000 and above.

Amazon-ICICI credit cards and (only) ICICI cards are different. Using Amazon ICICI card will still give you 1% cashback everywhere else except Amazon. ICICI only card offers are different and cannot be claimed with Amazon ICICI card.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 20:14   #7189
BHPian

Quote:
Myntra:

No way Flipkart-owned Myntra is going to give a discount for an Amazon pay credit card. Usually, they mention in the terms and conditions itself (at least during Flipkart sales) that the offer is applicable for all ICICI cards except Amazon pay cards. Of course, they should have mentioned this clearly, and if not they should at least try to make an exception and honor the discount.

That is why I am still retaining 2 ICICI credit cards.
darkfantasy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 21:06   #7190
BHPian

Anyone ordered any automotive stuff from FK Racing?

I believe its a Chennai based shop, I have recently ordered a windscreen for my CBR from there.

It was available on Amazon for Rs 1200 from the same seller, where-as the website I got it for Rs 770.

Will update on the progress.
Old 17th November 2022, 12:19   #7191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfantasy View Post
No way Flipkart-owned Myntra is going to give a discount for an Amazon pay credit card. Usually, they mention in the terms and conditions itself (at least during Flipkart sales) that the offer is applicable for all ICICI cards except Amazon pay cards. Of course, they should have mentioned this clearly, and if not they should at least try to make an exception and honor the discount.

That is why I am still retaining 2 ICICI credit cards.
Well that was TRUE before but in this big billion days sale Flipkart was honoring discount on Amazon icici card too. I know cos I bought quote a few items including a mobile with discount on that card. In fact discount was more on Amazon Icici card than normal icici one as I have both and I tried with the normal one first.
harry10 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 13:32   #7192
Senior - BHPian

Bad experience with https://www.urbanladder.com/

Ordered a dressing table with mirror last month and product was dispatched on 21st October. It came in damaged condition and a prompt replacement was arranged by them.

Second one came in the beginning of this month and that was also damaged.

Sent a request saying I don't want replacement anymore and to process a refund.

Someone called and after discussion, confirmed refund.

First damaged one got picked up but the delhivery team said they don't have approval to take back the second one.

UL says once the second one is picked up, the refund will be processed which is understandable but now i have been waiting for almost 2 weeks now and the product is yet to be picked up.

Mails are with standard replies of "sir, soon"

Sigh.
deathwalkr is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 16:01   #7193
BHPian

Quote:
Bad experience with https://www.urbanladder.com/
Thanks for sharing. I was about to buy a sofa from Urban Ladder 1-2 months back but before doing so, I decided to check random reviews online and changed my mind even though the deal was tempting.

Most of the reviews were talking about their bad service, especially after Reliance took over the company. Usually big companies come to the rescue and improve the business but in case of Urban Ladder, it has just become worse. On top of it, their initial policies included a no questions asked refund scheme but they seem to have taken that out now. So now if you don't like the product or if it doesn't fit your house, you'll be stuck with it.
logicalidiot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 10:34   #7194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Noticed some tech reviewers on Youtube recommending glazedinc.com for buying cases and tempered glass so fell for it.

Please avoid these robbers.
I had a bad experience with these folks as well.
  • 8-Oct-2022. Ordered the back cover for a OnePlus phone and paid the amount.
  • 10-Oct-2022. Got an email saying that the product is ready to be picked up by the courier partner. There was a tracking number provided.
  • The courier tracking kept showing "Pickup Exception" for a couple of days
  • 12-Oct-2022. Dropped an email to glazedinc asking about the status of the order.
  • 13-Oct-2022. Got a reply saying that they will check the status and get back to me.
  • 14-Oct-2022. Since I got no further update (should have been a 5 minute job for them to give me a proper update), I sent another email asking for an update
  • 15-Oct-2022. Got a reply from them saying that they have a product shortage and will initiate a refund.
  • 19-Oct-2022. There was no refund reflected in my credit card. So sent them an email and asked them for the status of the refund.
  • 20-Oct-2022. Got a reply saying that they need some time to check the status of the refund.
  • 28-Oct-2022. Since I neither got the refund nor a status update, sent them another email asking for an update.
  • 29-Oct-2022. Got an email saying that they are still communicating with their delivery section to get an update. This was fourteen days after they told me that they have initiated a refund.
  • 4-Nov-2022. No refund and no further update. Sent them another email asking for an update.
  • 5-Nov-2022. Got a reply saying that it takes time for the department to arrange and process the refund.
  • 15-Nov-2022. Still no refund or status update. It has been one month since the refund was initiated. Sent them a strong email this time saying that this is totally unacceptable.
  • 16-Nov-2022. Got an email saying that they have refunded the order.
  • 18-Nov-2022. Got an SMS from my bank saying the amount had been credited against my card.

They only support through an email ID. No WhatsApp or other contact numbers to reach out. So if they do not respond to your email, there is nothing much you can do. There is no option to cancel the order. I had reached out to them on Twitter but got no response there either. A lot of people might give up trying to get the refund if the amount is small. Imagine having to do so much of follow up to get your money back. When one gets into the eCommerce business, you are going to get compared to the likes of Amazon etc. for the way things are handled and processed. So even if a company starts small, they have to be transparent and customer-centric. It is okay to say that the refund process would take say 7 days upfront, but you cannot make the customer run from pillar to post. Would I buy from them again. Not in the near future. If I start hearing better stories about them, then I might. So why did I buy from them in the first place. A family friend had ordered a mobile back cover (similar to Spigen covers with a combination of TPU and PC) and had got the delivery in 3 days. The only good thing was that they did reply to the emails within a day. If at all you order something from them, use the Cash on Delivery option.
pjbiju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 09:56   #7195
BHPian

How has your experience been with beautiful.store ? Their rates are competitive but I do not see too many reviews about them apart from this
Old 26th November 2022, 15:07   #7196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
How has your experience been with beautiful.store ? Their rates are competitive but I do not see too many reviews about them apart from this
Hi. No idea about the online shopping experience but their brick and mortar stores have been around in Mumbai for ages and are reliable with genuine products. So might as well give them a shot but start with a lower priced item to get an idea of how they perform
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 07:09   #7197
BHPian

I had a very narrow escape recently on an Amazon order. I had ordered a Casio vintage collection digital watch (~rs 4800) from a seller called "Shoppers Stop Com".

During delivery, i didn't notice that the box has been tampered with and repacked but luckily the agent noticed it. So before recording the OTP, he asked me to open the box. As expected, the watch had been stolen during transit . He repacked the box and videographed it as I opened it again for evidence, and took back the box. The refund came in a day.

It would have been a whole lot tougher had I told the OTP and then opened the box. Thanks to the sharp eyed agent .

----

I bought a fridge on Amazon last week (a first online purchase of large appliance) and that experience was good. The availability of the model, exchange price offered, and a further coupon discount made it better deal than offline. And the box wasn't empty.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 27th December 2022 at 11:45. Reason: Two smileys/post
DigitalOne is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 08:20   #7198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
I had a very narrow escape recently on an Amazon order. I had ordered a Casio vintage collection digital watch (~rs 4800) from a seller called "Shoppers Stop Com".

During delivery, i didn't notice that the box has been tampered with and repacked but luckily the agent noticed it. So before recording the OTP, he asked me to open the box. As expected, the watch had been stolen during transit . He repacked the box and videographed it as I opened it again for evidence, and took back the box. The refund came in a day. .
Could it be that the agent is involved in this? And all this drama was to get you on his side if some questions come up later. (Maybe i am overthinking)

Anyways i would say lucky escape
SideView is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 11:37   #7199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post

During delivery, i didn't notice that the box has been tampered with and repacked but luckily the agent noticed it. So before recording the OTP, he asked me to open the box. As expected, the watch had been stolen during transit . He repacked the box and videographed it as I opened it again for evidence, and took back the box. The refund came in a day.

It would have been a whole lot tougher had I told the OTP and then opened the box. Thanks to the sharp eyed agent .
Hope that the delivery agent wasn't involved himself in this- just speculating.

On another note, exactly an year ago, I too ordered Casio Vintage series watch from Amazon. The seller was again ShopperStop. No issues with the watch or delivery. A few months later, I bought another Casio watch (not Vintage Series) directly from Casio India Shop online and the delivery experience was again good along with the price. So, you can try Casio India Shop too.
Old 30th December 2022, 13:27   #7200
BHPian

Just found out that Amazon has started a service charge for train bookings . They have charged me rs 40 for a Blr-Chn AC chair car ticket. This is on top of the IRCTC service charge of rs 35.
DigitalOne is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks