Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2014, 14:54   #1306
rkg
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
If you have a Medplus medial store in your location, you will get 5-15% discount depending on the brand and medicines.

Indicative discounts at MedPlus in Bangalore:
(e.g.) Cough syrups - 8% off
Antibiotics - 10% off
Anti-inflammatory gels - 8% off

That's a lot of savings.
It is flat 10% on medicines and 5% non medical items like soaps, tooth paste etc. Membership is required, which is free and instantly given. They do accept credit cards with no additional charges

Even Apollo pharmacy gives 10%. In Bangalore neighbourhood medical shop guy also gives the 10% discount, if one buys regularly( people with BP, sugar etc)

Last edited by rkg : 2nd May 2014 at 14:55.
Old 2nd May 2014, 20:42   #1307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindrider2626 View Post
Seeing your post, i had ordered for some medicines ,just to see if they were competitive than the local drug store.The invoice i received from them, for the same medicines, i bought from the local store was Rs 27 more and apart from that it also included another Rs 30 as charges.I cant find any advantage in buying from them if this is the pricing we get.
My order was priced correctly and I dont really mind the convenience charges. I've had occassions when i had to visit a number of stores to buy medicines from one prescription. This beats that experience. Plus if I know the generic I can quickly look for alternatives online ( in medguideindia for eg) and place an order for the same generic with a different brand. You will have to ask your doc to include the generic in the prescription as well ofcourse. Another advantage is that you could order for your parents from a different city. So I guess buying medicines reliably online has a lot of advantages.
Old 2nd May 2014, 21:02   #1308
BHPian

Here in Coimbatore we have 1 medical shop which gives a discount of 20% on all medicines and a few shops offer 18%. My BIL who lives in Chennai gets all his medicines while he comes to Coimbatore.
Old 5th May 2014, 14:26   #1309
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to BHP’ian d_himan and the 25% off codes he had shared on the other thread, I sourced some car cleaning stuff from eBay last week. Mohsin from Ultimate Detailerz had put up some of the CarPro products on sale on eBay. Sonus AIO concentrate wasn’t listed so sent him a message over eBay and he promptly listed the product the same day. The products were dispatched together via DTDC and arrived in 2 days. The bottles were generously wrapped in bubble pack and secured inside a cardboard box filled with styrofoam peanuts. Solid packaging and arrived in shipshape condition. Preserved the packing material - might come in handy later on.

The Online Shopping Thread-wp_20140502_19_32_07_pro.jpg The Online Shopping Thread-wp_20140502_19_35_34_pro.jpg

All in all, a fantastic deal! to Mohsin for the prompt responses and support.
Old 6th May 2014, 12:57   #1310
BHPian

Has anybody shopped from applianceking.in ?
I came across this site while searching for some home appliances.
The prices indicated in the website are extremely less and also i could not find any review about the site.
Hence got a doubt if it is a fake website or not.
Old 6th May 2014, 13:25   #1311
Distinguished - BHPian

I noticed that Dell India's website has this warning about Snapdeal.

Name:  Dell Warning.gif
Views: 928
Size:  17.5 KB

Its not just that they want to promote their partner Compuindia, but it looks like they (or Dell buyers) have had bad experiences there, to warrant such a clearly worded warning.
Old 6th May 2014, 13:42   #1312
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I noticed that Dell India's website has this warning about Snapdeal.

Attachment 1237628

Its not just that they want to promote their partner Compuindia, but it looks like they (or Dell buyers) have had bad experiences there, to warrant such a clearly worded warning.
Nothing like that. The problem with the manufacturers is that the online sellers like Snapdeal are selling at a lower price (because they eliminate a lot of points from the sale chain, hence lower cost) and hence more & more people are opting for it. This is hampering the manufacturers authorized reseller's sales. The only thing manufacturers can do to curb it is that they are issuing warnings to customers that anything bought from such online sellers will not be considered for repair under warranty, if a problem arises.
Old 6th May 2014, 13:44   #1313
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Nothing like that. The problem with the manufacturers is that the online sellers like Snapdeal are selling at a lower price (because they eliminate a lot of points from the sale chain, hence lower cost) and hence more & more people are opting for it. This is hampering the manufacturers authorized reseller's sales. The only thing manufacturers can do to curb it is that they are issuing warnings to customers that anything bought from such online sellers will not be considered for repair under warranty, if a problem arises.
So if you buy a Dell product from Snapdeal, you effectively don't get any warranty?

If so, it makes complete sense to avoid buying from there.
Old 6th May 2014, 13:46   #1314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
So if you buy a Dell product from Snapdeal, you effectively don't get any warranty?
That looks correct with the warning posted. And not only Dell, there are a few more consumer electronics companies which have issued such warnings.
Old 6th May 2014, 16:16   #1315
Team-BHP Support

Actually they can't legally do it I think. As long as the product is genuine, untampered and new they will be obliged to provide warranty. What they are claiming on their site is not only illegal but also draws in the CCI clauses. I wonder whether SnapDeal has seen this warning. They should ideally be able to sue Dell for defamation and also complain to the CCI which may prove detrimental to Dell.

Only thing I can think of here is that if in the past SnapDeal tried pulling some con job on their customers and later got caught when the claims would have hit Dell... In that case SnapDeal will be at a backfoot. One thing to note here is that Dell is very smartly wording their caution note. They only talk of SnapDeal and not so many others also who sell these laptops online and are as competitive or probably more so than SnapDeal. However, warning people on SnapDeal with warranty fears adn then talking of their own authorised online reseller they are smartly pushing a doubt in people's mind about any online reseller other than the one they are advertising.
Old 6th May 2014, 16:55   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
That looks correct with the warning posted. And not only Dell, there are a few more consumer electronics companies which have issued such warnings.
Even Sharp website they have indicated " no warranty for items purchased from Snap deal".
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-1399375788115.jpg  

Old 7th May 2014, 10:07   #1317
BHPian

It’s better to opt for prime,perdurable stuffs from reputed sources rather than going for tawdry stuffs which may hardly last for couple of days. I generally go the with brand name and most of times I would prefer the basic model branded product than buying unbranded high end product, suppose both are of almost same price.

No harm buying online until n unless website is well secured and spam free for purchasing,otherwise there are lot of advantages over regular mall shopping like online shopping is convenient.You save yourself from the rush and crowd.You do not have to wait in a queue to pay bills.You can shop at your own time and even avail yourselves of all the offers and discounts(sometimes better),that the regular mall offers.

Happy Shopping

Keep reviving
As they always say
Old 7th May 2014, 15:07   #1318
BANNED

After reading few posts here about the warranty issue on snapdeal.com, i sent a query to them about it. And i got reply from them saying
Quote:
Dear Kishen,

Thank you for contacting Snapdeal.com

Snapdeal guarantees 100% customer satisfaction, security, quality, support and value for money.
All products sold on Snapdeal are original and covered under fixed period manufacturer warranty for hardware or software issues, wherever applicable. Please read the product page carefully for more details.
Visit the Snapdeal Guarantee page (http://www.snapdeal.com/info/guarantee) to know more about this.
We would like to inform you that a brand cannot legally decline warranty service for a product that has been purchased with a valid invoice.
In case of any further assistance or clarification on this issue, please reply back to this email.

Assuring you of our best services always,
Yours sincerely,
Customer Service Team – Snapdeal.com
I guess there is nothing to worry about in this matter
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-screenshot-120.jpg  

Old 7th May 2014, 16:48   #1319
Senior - BHPian

A few months back I had bought the Areon car perfume from a seller in eBay. I had received the item in perfect condition.

On 28th April, I logged on to eBay.in to buy another canister of the Areon car perfume. I saw that in addition to the seller that I had purchased from earlier (99.6% feedback), there was this seller with 100% feedback.

I placed an order on the above date for the product using my credit card. Bill amount was Rs. 300/-. The shipping details mentioned that seller would ship the item within 5 days of receiving payment.

After the item was bought, there was no news from the seller for the next 2 days so I emailed them and they replied it would reach me soon. PaisaPay says, refund will be processed if item is not received in 5 days so i waited.

Finally the seller reverted with some bogus that they tried reaching me but I had no such communication. I then received the courier tracking details and it was on the courier website that i saw that the item was picked up for shipping only on 30th April - 2 days after order was placed and paid for.

So i finally received the product on 3rd May. I was at work and my wife collected the order. I was excited (it's only a car perfume, but still )

When I reached home, the eBay cover in which the item was packed was generously emitting the smell of the car perfume. I opened the package and to my disappointment the canister was badly crushed and the contents were all over the packaging.

The Online Shopping Thread-20140502-22.38.38.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-20140502-22.38.52.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-20140502-22.40.04.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-20140502-22.40.18.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-20140502-22.40.31.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-20140502-22.40.45.jpg

I sent the seller a message with above pics and they reverted that I would get a replacement (i had asked for a refund). I had not raised a claim with eBay as i wanted to provide the seller with an opportunity to make things right.

I replied to their message asking when I could expect the replacement and since I did not get a response from them, I raised a claim with eBay.

Today, I called and spoke to an eBay rep and they approved my refund. I should be getting my refund voucher in a week to 10 days.

Thoroughly disappointed with this purchase.

I understand these things happen but the seller should have communicated the estimated delivery date in advance and responded to my messages.
Old 7th May 2014, 17:53   #1320
BHPian

^ please raise the dispute with Paisa pay. If you miss the deadline for doing so, seller will get his money and he will have no reason to arrange replacement. Keep seller in loop. Infact when you raise a dispute in ebay, it asks you if you have contacted seller or not. Seller's ratings are not affected if a dispute is raised. So if he is genuinely going to replace, he should not have any issue with you raising the dispute.

Regards,

Most Viewed