Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2014, 20:41   #1321
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
^ please raise the dispute with Paisa pay. If you miss the deadline for doing so, seller will get his money and he will have no reason to arrange replacement. Keep seller in loop. Infact when you raise a dispute in ebay, it asks you if you have contacted seller or not. Seller's ratings are not affected if a dispute is raised. So if he is genuinely going to replace, he should not have any issue with you raising the dispute.
Thanks Amohit.

The dispute was raised via my PaisaPay ID and the refund was approved today. I will be getting an eBay voucher for 110% of the billed amount in 7-10 business days. I have 30 days to use the voucher on the eBay site.

I also added my feedback on the seller's page. Unfortunately for them, mine was the first negative feedback on their page.
Old 8th May 2014, 16:05   #1322
BHPian

I received a message from Myntra.com saying the item I had bought has been seized be sales tax authorities. Thankfully, had opted for COD.

How do I go about getting it now?

Will I get it at all?
Old 8th May 2014, 18:42   #1323
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Flipkart launched Flipkart FIRST today.
Its a clone of Amazon PRIME.

I am a member of Amazon.com/ Amazon.co.uk and have used the Prime Service abroad and found it excellent. I do not shop on Amazon.in because the primary categories of interest for me are books, CD's and DVD's - yes, I am an old fashioned type.

I am a regular shopper at Flipkart for books. I am not sure that I want to pay for their Premium Membership yet but I think I will consider it.
Lets see.
Old 8th May 2014, 19:25   #1324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I also added my feedback on the seller's page. Unfortunately for them, mine was the first negative feedback on their page.
Negative feedback costs a lot to sellers on Ebay. Ebay ups the listing fees drastically for such sellers and they might even lose the power seller certification. The 10% extra you got would be robbed from the seller at a later date.

This high-handedness of Ebay (for both buyers and sellers) has made it a sort of a toxic marketplace where almost all items are marked up by the sellers to recover courier costs and some buyers refuse to confirm item receipt expecting (and often getting) goods free of cost.

I do not, however, sympathize with the seller. It was his fault for not following up with the issue you raised with him. I have bought and sold items on Ebay and I do know of the gremlins that this supposedly 'clean' marketplace hides.
Old 9th May 2014, 16:50   #1325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
I received a message from Myntra.com saying the item I had bought has been seized be sales tax authorities. Thankfully, had opted for COD.

How do I go about getting it now?

Will I get it at all?
Looks like Kerala Sales Tax officials are after online purchases. There was a post by someone about a camera being seized as well. Most of the online sellers had even stopped shipping to Kerala because of this.

But i saw on Snapdeal that they have started shipping to Kerala again.

My advice would be to contact Myntra. Going to sales tax office would be a pain i imagine.
Old 10th May 2014, 18:22   #1326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
My advice would be to contact Myntra. Going to sales tax office would be a pain i imagine.
I tried e-mailing them a couple of times. A different person replied each time and told me to "wait three to four days" before they can resolve the problem.

My question is, what if I had paid using a credit card. Will the seller refund my money? Paying tax (collected from me, as per the bill), is their responsibility, after all?
Old 11th May 2014, 20:17   #1327
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Amazon.in has a special deal between 7pm and 8pm today with some super discounts.

Just FYI - since I got a mailer.
Old 13th May 2014, 13:37   #1328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Flipkart launched Flipkart FIRST today.
Its a clone of Amazon PRIME.

I am a regular shopper at Flipkart for books. I am not sure that I want to pay for their Premium Membership yet but I think I will consider it.
Lets see.
They are handing out 75k free subscriptions (3 months), register for that. If you are a regular, might just get it.
Old 13th May 2014, 13:54   #1329
BHPian

Flipkart did the unimaginable yesterday.I had booked a mobile on 9th May ,which they confirmed, shipped and I got the message to keep the money ready yesterday.After 2 hours they messaged me saying that order is cancelled !!!!.When I called them ,the reason they gave was "the delivery boy misplaced the item. Please order once again". Their website is showing item returned. How to tackle such a callous attitude?
Misplacing the item I can understand,but why did they cancel the order ,they should have arranged for another item.
Old 13th May 2014, 14:16   #1330
Distinguished - BHPian

Continue to be impressed by the service levels offered by online retailers, notably Amazon. Had ordered a pair of Slazenger shoes at 40% discount for the missus on Mother's Day. They arrived today: the delivery person told us to check that the shoe was the right size before leaving- even as he left he said we could return the shoes if we were unsatisfied for any reason. Considering the vast majority of offline retailers refuse to entertain product returns, this is a really useful facility offered.

Meanwhile, Flipkart has started accepting "Card on Delivery" for COD orders as well. Fantastic!
Old 13th May 2014, 14:49   #1331
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Meanwhile, Flipkart has started accepting "Card on Delivery" for COD orders as well. Fantastic!
They accepted cards earlier as well. Had bought a laptop and paid using a CC on delivery - in 2012 IIRC. Nonetheless, very useful for higher value items.
Old 13th May 2014, 19:37   #1332
BHPian

I ordered Doodle 3 on the 10th from MobileStore online as the price was cheaper than Flipkart. For the past couple of days I'm trying to call their call centre but no one is answering the call.

After a few minutes of googling I realised that many people have the same complaints. I'm stuck now as I have already paid by card. There's no option of cancelling the order on their website. It was my folly to presume that their service is similar to Myntra/Flipkart.

Just hoping they deliver, else I'll need to raise a dispute with ICICI cards.
Old 13th May 2014, 20:17   #1333
D4D
BHPian

I buy from reputed online sellers. Mostly flipkart. I have bought phones at unbelievable prices on flipkart. But for clothes/shoes etc, I got to shops!

All my airline bookings are done through premier miles(CITIBANK) which uses goibibo. And rail bookings are done with SBI cars for getting loyalty points.

The convenience in online shopping is unbeatable!
Old 13th May 2014, 20:24   #1334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
Just hoping they deliver, else I'll need to raise a dispute with ICICI cards.
I had bought my mobile from them. 2 years back. It was a 3.5k phone, so the risk was less. I did get the delivery in a reasonable amount of time (not flipkart reasonable but was still ok).

Regards,
Old 13th May 2014, 20:35   #1335
Senior - BHPian

Snapdeal has got some goo deals these days. Bought a Citizen Ecodrive Titanium wrist watch for just 20K INR. This watch otherwise sells for 27 k INR

Sent from my mobile phone , please excuse typos

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks