Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2013, 19:09   #646
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

How do I take a refund from Ebay?
Contact ebay. Mention the mail correspondence with seller and how he has not done anything yet. But should have done that before sending it back to seller.

All the best Their resolution center is pretty good in handling such stuff.
Old 5th August 2013, 19:53   #647
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bought a Blackberry Car Charger for Rs.599 from Ebay. Seller sent the item after one week. Found the charger not working, had to courier it back to him that costed me Rs.100 bucks

He hasnt replaced with a new one yet. He doesnt even correspond.

When I remind him, he replies saying i will courier it today itself ( this was last wednesday) and iam yet to receive

How do I take a refund from Ebay?
Have you marked the item as received?
Old 5th August 2013, 20:15   #648
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Have you marked the item as received?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Contact ebay. Mention the mail correspondence with seller and how he has not done anything yet. But should have done that before sending it back to seller.
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
If you've tried connecting with him and he hasn't responded, leave a negative feedback.!
I havent marked the item as received. I reported to their resolution center and even left a nasty negative feedback for the seller

Bought the item on July 12th, received on 19th and returned on July 24th and till date havent received the replacement

Best part, the seller is not at all communicating and i dont even have his phone number...So bloody casual
Old 5th August 2013, 20:49   #649
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I havent marked the item as received. I reported to their resolution center and even left a nasty negative feedback for the seller

Bought the item on July 12th, received on 19th and returned on July 24th and till date havent received the replacement

Best part, the seller is not at all communicating and i dont even have his phone number...So bloody casual
If you haven't, and it has not been automatically marked received, then the money is still with paisapay. You won't have any issues getting it back.
Old 6th August 2013, 11:14   #650
BHPian

Just in case, if someone is interested!!
Name:  ebay.png
Views: 934
Size:  141.0 KB
Old 6th August 2013, 11:19   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Just checked, and the S4 is out of stock! Disappeared right as I hit the 'Buy It Now button.

Thanks for the heads up though.
Old 7th August 2013, 09:38   #652
BHPian

Has anyone used Flipkart off late? I placed an order on Saturday and I got a message today that it has been shipped and should be delievered in another 2-3 days!

I am surprised it has become so slow. I had to cancel an order before simply because of the speed of delivery. I find Amazon more and more useful with shipping times these days.
Old 7th August 2013, 09:56   #653
BHPian

I placed an order yesterday afternoon for a pair of shoes and I got the tracking number within a few minutes. The product was in stock in their bhiwandi hub which is close by, so I should be receiving the product by today afternoon which is pretty quick. So I guess everything depends on the distance to nearest hub where the product is available.
Old 7th August 2013, 12:30   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Has anyone used Flipkart off late?
Just took delivery of Nikon lens. Though their courier 'Ekart Logistics' is slow I find Flipkart trustworthy and reliable.

Last edited by manim : 7th August 2013 at 12:34.
Old 7th August 2013, 13:43   #655
Senior - BHPian

For ordering books online, there is a slew of online stores in India (usually out of Delhi) which one cannot figure out whether they actually exist or not. I was searching for a particular book which Flipkart (they cried off after accepting the order), Crossword (ditto - "Regret unable to deliver" 1 week after ordering), etc. were unable to supply. A lot of other online stores showed up:
* booksnyou.com
* bookadda.com
* buybooksindia
* justbooks.in etc.

Ordered on booknyou, got an automated confirmation mail which said they will call withing 24 hours, as without confirmation they will cancel the order. No call, so sent an email to their Support. No answer, so call the Support number. No one lifts the phone!!! Send email to alternate email id given in Contact Us page. No answer!!! Fortunately I had ordered "Cash on delivery". On a hunch, I called another such online store over their contact phone - no one answers (tried at different times).

I am still wondering - are these stores for real, or are they dummy fronts that are messing around with automated scripts and no real actual operation? At least Flipkart, Crossword etc. have people who answer phones when one calls. With unknown stores, I might risk my CC data - doesn't matter if they are 20% cheaper than the next guy.
Old 7th August 2013, 14:04   #656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Attachment 1122224
Which website is this?
Old 7th August 2013, 14:20   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
A lot of other online stores showed up:
* booksnyou.com
* bookadda.com
* buybooksindia
* justbooks.in etc.

Ordered on booknyou, got an automated confirmation mail which said they will call withing 24 hours, as without confirmation they will cancel the order. No call, so sent an email to their Support. No answer, so call the Support number. No one lifts the phone!!! Send email to alternate email id given in Contact Us page. No answer!!! Fortunately I had ordered "Cash on delivery". On a hunch, I called another such online store over their contact phone - no one answers (tried at different times).

I am still wondering - are these stores for real, or are they dummy fronts that are messing around with automated scripts and no real actual operation? At least Flipkart, Crossword etc. have people who answer phones when one calls. With unknown stores, I might risk my CC data - doesn't matter if they are 20% cheaper than the next guy.
Of the ones you have listed, I have used bookadda and I did get delivery of the books. Suggest that we stick to known names like flipkart, homeshop18 etc even if they are slightly expensive so that we can be sure of at least getting what we ordered for.
Old 7th August 2013, 14:49   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
Of the ones you have listed, I have used bookadda and I did get delivery of the books. Suggest that we stick to known names like flipkart, homeshop18 etc even if they are slightly expensive so that we can be sure of at least getting what we ordered for.
My experience with bookadda has been pathetic.

Of the three orders placed till date, in each order, one book will be not available after placing the order and waiting for 10 days.

That really sucks big time. But good part is we get money back. But the trouble you go through all the steps to place order and confirm and reconfirm is a pain.

Will not touch BA again.
Old 7th August 2013, 14:52   #659
BHPian

Posted this query in the AC thread as well. But just thought this would gather a bigger audience with relevant answers related to the online seller. I am seeing a tempting offer for a Voltas 1.5T 3 star split AC in Snapdeal. Now, I have had good experiences with them before when I had ordered various things like mobiles, hard drives etc. But this being a high value item and also needs installation and other stuff, I am skeptical. Can we trust snapdeal with ACs and other home appliances? Also what are the chances that they ship defective products in the name of clearance sales? They are providing COD which is an advantage though.
Old 7th August 2013, 16:18   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Which website is this?
Looks like its ebay.in

Most Viewed