Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2015, 19:38   #4321
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by leprechaun View Post
Got these carbon fibre door lock covers from aliexpress, these subtle changes are really cool when noticed! The fit is nice and tight, has a very reassuring click when installed.
Attachment 1442795
Which car is this for?
Old 23rd November 2015, 20:28   #4322
BHPian

Hey Sam, forgot to mention it's for the polo. Mine is a polo GT TDi
Old 24th November 2015, 21:17   #4323
BHPian

The Online Shopping Thread

Another small add on to the polo GT, the elastic velcro net pouch, really useful to keep small objects from rolling all over the place in the boot ideally it should be placed on the back side of the rear seats, but in my case I had fitted seat covers so the velcro wouldn't stick on. So I've stuck it on the side
The Online Shopping Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1448379994.690925.jpgThe Online Shopping Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1448380008.235066.jpg

Source : aliexpress
Old 26th November 2015, 15:20   #4324
BHPian

Horrible experience with Shopclues.com.

I liked Bondi mobile phone holder - which sells in the US and elsewhere. Saw one such on Shopclues.com (or so I thought) and ordered one (https://secure.shopclues.com/flexibl...le-holder.html) at Rs. 149 - which I thought was good price for a clone of original Bondi.

What I got was a cheap piece of plastic (description mentioned silicone) which wouldn't bend. The MRP pasted was Rs. 99 - heck if they had to paste a sticker they could have pasted at Rs. 499 or 599 - morons. So I call their customer support who are clueless about almost everything and have only one answer - please return. I ask for an email address to send them the image to tell them how poor their processes are - but they don't have one.

Now, I would normally trust none but Amazon and Flipkart but they don't have such product and after Shopclues company raised $100m I thought they would have put some process. I learn now that its not a question of money but that of DNA and they don't have one that will survive the Ecomm battle.

Nutshell - stay away from Shopclues.com

~maniac
Old 27th November 2015, 09:28   #4325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Thanks arunphilip..It is SS Scuff Plates. The one's on aliexpress looked much better than the ones available on amazon,flipkart etc in India.

Thanks Condor..Taken the plunge. I hope it turns out to be a pleasant experience for me.
I finally got the shipment in 15 days as promised by aliexpress. So my first online shopping experience with them has gone quite well.
Old 27th November 2015, 10:25   #4326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leprechaun View Post
Another small add on to the polo GT, the elastic velcro net pouch, really useful to keep small objects from rolling all over the place in the boot ideally it should be placed on the back side of the rear seats, but in my case I had fitted seat covers so the velcro wouldn't stick on. So I've stuck it on the side
Attachment 1443221Attachment 1443222

Source : aliexpress
Now that's something I've been looking for a while now. I check on Aliexpress but it says shipping will take 36-60 days if I go for the free shipping sellers. If you don't mind, would you share how much you paid for it and how long it took to be delivered?
Old 27th November 2015, 11:48   #4327
Distinguished - BHPian

I had ordered a case for my iPhone during 11/11 sale and opted for shipping via HK post. I got it on 24/11 evening. This is the fastest item I have received through Ali as well as HK Post. Another shipment through HK post had earlier taken 25 days. Ordered some more small stuff from them.

I had randomly ordered a few aquatic plant seeds totalling to $1 just to try them out, but that hasnt come from the last one month
Old 27th November 2015, 18:55   #4328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelnelly View Post
Now that's something I've been looking for a while now. I check on Aliexpress but it says shipping will take 36-60 days if I go for the free shipping sellers. If you don't mind, would you share how much you paid for it and how long it took to be delivered?

Hey Noel, I got it off aliexpress for 6 USD and it took me around 20 days for it to be delivered. The link to the same -
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-T...347456204.html

Hope this helps Noel
Old 27th November 2015, 20:43   #4329
Senior - BHPian

spareshub.com

Recenlty i have started purchasing from spareshub.com for my old Octavia. Have done two transactions with them so far and i am pleased.

They are not very slick in operation if you expect them to be like FK or Amazon but if parts are available they ship out fast and the item reaches you in a weeks time.

I enquire with them about the availability of parts before placing the order so that there will not be any cancellations or delays if item is not available.

Today DTDC delivered a set of Tie Rods and Ball joints for Octavia. The make is Lemforder (ZF group), which in the VW circles is said to be a very good third party alternative. Local market has only TRW and some other company, i didn't want to buy TRW so bought this.

The Online Shopping Thread-20151127_183511.jpg
Old 29th November 2015, 08:28   #4330
Senior - BHPian

Looking at buying a Laptop this year end.

Is there any GOSF lined up in December ? I haven't heard or seen any ads for 2015 GOSF.
Old 29th November 2015, 08:38   #4331
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

Is there any GOSF lined up in December ? I haven't heard or seen any ads for 2015 GOSF.
More details on the link below:

The popular e-commerce sales have taken a toll on Google's annual online shopping festival in India. The internet giant announced on Tuesday it is discontinuing the festival from this year.

Launched in December 2012, the Great Online Shopping Festival (GOSF) was India's answer to the popular Cyber Monday sale of the US. It was aimed to encourage more Indians to shop online by offering them the best of deals across portals.

http://m.timesofindia.com/tech/tech-...w/49642565.cms
Old 29th November 2015, 08:54   #4332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

More details on the link below:

The popular e-commerce sales have taken a toll on Google's annual online shopping festival in India. The internet giant announced on Tuesday it is discontinuing the festival from this year.

Launched in December 2012, the Great Online Shopping Festival (GOSF) was India's answer to the popular Cyber Monday sale of the US. It was aimed to encourage more Indians to shop online by offering them the best of deals across portals.

http://m.timesofindia.com/tech/tech-...w/49642565.cms
Oh gosh ! I am so dead now !
Ignored Dusshera and Diwali sales because GOSF usually has more discounts ! Convinced wife also that GOSF will have better discounts !

I guess the Big 3 would launch some discount sale for Christmas and New Year. Hoping to pick up a laptop then !

Thanks Anurag for the info.
Old 29th November 2015, 10:29   #4333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ignored Dusshera and Diwali sales because GOSF usually has more discounts ! Convinced wife also that GOSF will have better discounts !
That's quite the wrong way to think about it. What you should do is to set a budget and a set of must-have and desirable features, and try to find a match. Waiting for discounts without any real price target will eventually lead to dissatisfaction. The Malayalam poet Poonthanam has spoken about this at length way back in the 16th century. :-)
Old 29th November 2015, 10:41   #4334
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I guess the Big 3 would launch some discount sale for Christmas and New Year. Hoping to pick up a laptop then !

Thanks Anurag for the info.
I have managed to get good deals for stuff even when there is no big sale.

Just before the Dussera sale I bought the iPhone 6 for 35.5K. I never saw those prices after that.

In anycase the discount on a laptop will barely be 1-2K so it doesn't matter much.
Old 29th November 2015, 11:00   #4335
BHPian

Quote:

See this if you are interested:
http://www.ebay.in/itm/NEW-LENOVO-G5...&aff_source=DA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks