Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2017, 14:44   #5221
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

I have been ordering small stuff on Gearbest from sometime, after I had a positive experience with my first order, ie the Viofo Dashcam. After that, I started ordering most of the non urgent stuff from there such as screen protectors, cables, GPS antenna for dashcam and so on. I found the selection to be easier compared to Aliexpress and have not been disappointed anytime with the quality of product compared to some instances on aliexpress.

The biggest plus point is Gearbest offers four different shipping options out of which the priority line is the best one. It costs hardly anything($1 or so) however, the item is shipped through GATI instead of EMS and products usually arrive within 5-10 days. Now no more waiting and forgetting what we have ordered compared to what used to happen earlier with the China Post registered parcels. Would highly recommend this.
Old 10th February 2017, 15:05   #5222
Team-BHP Support

What exactly does Amazon ship when one signs up for a Prime membership? I thought it was just 'pay & use' online?
Old 10th February 2017, 15:11   #5223
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
What exactly does Amazon ship when one signs up for a Prime membership? I thought it was just 'pay & use' online?
This:
The Online Shopping Thread-pmainqimg5b17421ffe80de37ca938dc66876a2fac.jpg
Source

I thought maybe the keychain was a NFC tag or something, but it doesn't seem to have any function!
Old 10th February 2017, 15:15   #5224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I also wondered the same thing, when the courier guy called to deliver my Prime membership. On opening the cover, there was a sticker and what seems to be a keychain. Closed the cover and dropped it into a drawer at work and have not opened it since.
Old 10th February 2017, 15:19   #5225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The biggest plus point is Gearbest offers four different shipping options out of which the priority line is the best one. It costs hardly anything($1 or so) however, the item is shipped through GATI instead of EMS and products usually arrive within 5-10 days. Now no more waiting and forgetting what we have ordered compared to what used to happen earlier with the China Post registered parcels. Would highly recommend this.
Do you get detailed tracking till doorstep with priority line?
Old 10th February 2017, 15:23   #5226
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Do you get detailed tracking till doorstep with priority line?
Yes. You can track it both on the website and on Gati website as well. Initially I assumed that the carrier might change but I have got seven orders all shipped through them. They have four categories. Unregistered parcel is free of cost, followed by registered parcel(trackable), priority line and lastly Expedited shipping. Expedited shipping gets you deliveries within 3-4 working days. I got my dashcam four days after ordering through expedited shipping which cost around 10EUR. However, DHL charged a bomb(Rs 1500) to clear customs which slightly bumped up the cost.
Old 10th February 2017, 15:25   #5227
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
This....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
I also wondered the same thing.........
Thanks!

The confirmation email says they'll send a 'Welcome Letter', which I'm assuming is the same package in Rehaan's response.

Waste of time, paper and shipping for nothing of real value. Oh well!
Old 10th February 2017, 15:57   #5228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
I thought maybe the keychain was a NFC tag or something, but it doesn't seem to have any function!
Guess what. I used that keychain aka the ring to tie the resqme tool to the gear lever. It works wonderful
Old 10th February 2017, 21:55   #5229
Senior - BHPian

I had bought Bluedio Bluetooth Earphones from Amazon.in from below link
Bluedio Bluetooth Earphones for ₹ 750/- including Shipping.
The Seller I selected was Online Shoppee. But I received the product from Rajguru International (Invoice was of Rajguru International).
I placed order on 21-12-2016. I received the product on 27-12-2016. The packing was good-Bubble wrap.

After opening, I charged it fully before use. I have a Bad (or Good) habit of charging any Rechargeable Product Fully before its first use.
The product did not have even 7 hours standby time. I checked for 2 days but same result. So requested a replacement. The product was picked up next day and I received replacement on 6-1-2017. I charged the replacement product fully and found same behaviour- <6-7 hours Standby Time. Requested for Return (In fact I wanted replacement but Amazon CC told only return is possible if replacement has already been given once).

Then I bought another similar Bluedio Bluetooth Earphone from Rediff.com but Black One.
The price was ₹ 699/- + ₹ 49/- Shipping. Its giving me Good Service unlike the Amazon one. Touchwood.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 11th February 2017 at 12:13.
Old 11th February 2017, 07:35   #5230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
I had bought Bluedio Bluetooth Earphones from Amazon.in [...]
The product did not have even 7 hours standby time.
The feedback from other buyers all mention the same problem to varying degrees; so why did you even buy it? :-)
Old 11th February 2017, 09:12   #5231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand
The feedback from other buyers all mention the same problem to varying degrees; so why did you even buy it? :-)
I have a feeling that some rival sellers/their friends might have posted negative reviews so that that product won't be purchased by other users.
So I went ahead and bought that from amazon.in.
Old 13th February 2017, 20:00   #5232
BHPian

Looking for a good branded callus remover. Please suggest me some options.
Thanks,
Ramki
Old 13th February 2017, 20:14   #5233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Looking for a good branded callus remover. Please suggest me some options.
The wife has been using this one for about 2 years and is quite satisfied with it (she has a bit of brand loyalty to Scholl, though).

http://www.amazon.in/dp/B00FQ1WWHM

Edit: In unrelated news - online media is buzzing with rumours of mass layoffs at Snapdeal. Numbers between 1000 and 9000 are being bandied about (10% to 90% of workforce!!!).

Last edited by binand : 13th February 2017 at 20:17.
Old 14th February 2017, 00:15   #5234
BHPian

Need to buy a CG Slate tab and a mobile before summer vacations. Will there be any sale either at Amazon or FK?

I had bought a CG Slate in FK's last sale but Flipkart cancelled the order stating that the customer refused delivery. The product reached the hub near to my home and then sent back to the seller and the money was refunded. Contacting their CC thru phone as well as Twitter was of no help.
Old 17th February 2017, 01:42   #5235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Only the sellers Delhi address is there. I guess if I raise claim under the "2 yr warranty", I'll be asked to pay for the shipping to Delhi. Then once the lights go, godknows if it'll came back (it's a generic brand).

So, currently I'm asking at local electrical shops if they can repair the same, hope I'll be relieved of this task.

(Buying online can be a big PITA, one isn't sure if the task is sorted till the product is delivered (which'll take days) & properly checked. :P)
Update:
These lights are from a company called "Bene".

PayTM had given me a mobile number of the seller. Which somehow didn't work after the first brief call. Anyway, Local guys don't repair LED lights, may as well just send them & see.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks