Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2017, 22:17   #5431
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
The problem is that they have chosen not to support Chromecast. And I have no spare HDMI port available on my TV for a Fire stick. :-(
Get a 2x1 HDMI Splitter

Note the 1x2 splitters are cheap i.e 1 input 2 outputs, however 2x1 seems to be expensive.
Old 25th May 2017, 23:04   #5432
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
I also love the Amazon prime membership for the benefit of Amazon Prime video membership. So much so, i bought a new 43 inch LED TV from Amazon (Panasonic TH-43D350DX) during the big days sale for 28k and also an Amazon Fire Stick device, and enjoying every moment of watching Amazon Prime videos and other apps on my non smart to Super Smart TV.
I'm going to log in to Amazon on my wife's laptop, because she watches movies and I don't. I fell for a Prime free trial offer. I'll probably forget to cancel it.

(Whoops.... she'll have direct access to checking out all my shopping!)

I did that with Amazon.com When I got around to cancelling it they said, "You never actually used it!" and refunded my subscription! Just took a free trial to get one thing next-day-delivered to someone who would bring it here for me.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 25th May 2017 at 23:07.
Old 25th May 2017, 23:34   #5433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
I have a 3x1 (3 inputs, 1 output) splitter already. But unless it has a remote, it is useless for a couch potato like me.
Old 26th May 2017, 15:32   #5434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Anyone has heard of or used https://www.lightinthebox.com ?
I've extensively used their service in Singapore. No issues yet.
Old 28th May 2017, 12:35   #5435
BHPian

I have a parcel from Aliexpress being retained (seems from the status) by Bangalore post office. I have sent an email requesting on what action I need to take and waiting for a response. I also plan to call tomorrow. Anyone had a similar experience?

The Online Shopping Thread-parcelretained.png
Old 28th May 2017, 22:03   #5436
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone with experience of shopping from www.keyboardshop.in? There is a particular computer part that I have found only there so far (the original vendor's service centre's been sitting on it for 2 months now); it costs about 6.5K so would like an opinion before actually placing the order.
So I waited for nearly 4 months for Lenovo to get me a part, but they simply didn't do anything ("2 more weeks sir", "they'll ship in another 5 working days sir"). I eventually brought my AIO back from the service centre and ordered it from keyboardshop.in. They upfront said they'd ship only after their Mayday holiday ends (8/5); shipping actually happened on 18/5 and it arrived on 25/5.

Today I found the time to replace the SMPS and now the PC is back online - after 5 months of downtime, much to the delight of my son.

(The thing is, we have 10 screws leftover)
Old 29th May 2017, 01:19   #5437
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Anyone with experience of shopping from www.keyboardshop.in? There is a particular computer part that I have found only there so far (the original vendor's service centre's been sitting on it for 2 months now); it costs about 6.5K so would like an opinion before actually placing the order.
What was this particular part you're referring to? SMPS for a Lenovo desktop PC?
Old 29th May 2017, 08:01   #5438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
What was this particular part you're referring to? SMPS for a Lenovo desktop PC?
Thought I mentioned it. It is an SMPS for my son's Lenovo AIO (all-in-one) PC - IdeaCentre B320 as a matter of fact.
Old 30th May 2017, 22:23   #5439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I have a parcel from Aliexpress being retained (seems from the status) by Bangalore post office. I have sent an email requesting on what action I need to take and waiting for a response. I also plan to call tomorrow. Anyone had a similar experience?

Attachment 1643139
Its normal. The parcel would be stuck in customs, they will sit on it for 2-4 weeks and then send it with the local postman after adding customs duty. Dont expect the free shipping method from Aliexpress to receive anything for less than a month
Old 31st May 2017, 08:19   #5440
BANNED

@binand; I hear that Lenovo have an unofficial policy of not providing service to systems not under an AMC. We had the same with my son's system. He had managed to get some Pepsi into the keyboard. I had to get a friendly local distributor in Kanpur to help out, with our Laptop in Gurugram. Was fixed in two days flat.
Old 31st May 2017, 11:34   #5441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@binand; I hear that Lenovo have an unofficial policy of not providing service to systems not under an AMC.
I don't know; I'd have thought the non-AMC walk-in folks were more lucrative in the after sales service sector and hence would get better service.

My problem was that the SMPS was in an AIO, which does not have the standard form factor. I did find a Chinese vendor but was wary of ordering online; so went to the ASC instead (thinking they'd use official channels to get authentic spares). That backfired badly, mostly because I think the model was an ancient one and didn't command that sort of attention. And eventually I had to go back to the same Chinese vendor.

In the past whenever I have taken common laptop models for service (mostly keyboard or battery replacements) they've done it within a week at the most.

Anyway, lesson is that AIOs are good to reduce space requirements and wiring clutter; but they are best avoided if you need to upgrade any component. My next PC will be what I'll assemble myself.
Old 31st May 2017, 12:10   #5442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I had similar experience for my TPMS from Ali Express(Tracking was not updated as yours). I am not sure if it was stuck because of customs.

But, when I went to post office directly to check casually and asked if there are any parcels for me, they just checked and found it was lying with them since past 3 days. The officer just handed over the parcel to me in Post office.
Old 31st May 2017, 12:33   #5443
BHPian

I'm planning to buy Motul Synthetic oil from Amazon.in, sold by Cloudtail. Does anyone have experience buying oil from Amazon India? The only concern I have is about its authenticity. Is it safe to go ahead?
Old 31st May 2017, 14:10   #5444
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
I'm planning to buy Motul Synthetic oil from Amazon.in, sold by Cloudtail. Does anyone have experience buying oil from Amazon India? The only concern I have is about its authenticity. Is it safe to go ahead?
Cloudtail is quite reliable even for engine oil. I've bought Castrol 5W-40 Edge multiple times and they are 100% genuine but at a huge discount on MRP.
Old 31st May 2017, 14:14   #5445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Authenticity is not a problem as long as the seller is Cloudtail.

My only gripe about buying oil from Amazon has been the manufacturing date. They were more than 2 years old.

Most Viewed