Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2017, 12:46   #5446
BHPian

Is there any system by which we can order western Amazon/eBay items to India, items which don't have international delivery option.

I heard from someone that there are few companies which allow you to order items on some of their USA address and then they ship it to India. Does anyone know about same?
Old 4th June 2017, 12:59   #5447
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Is there any system by which we can order western Amazon/eBay items to India, items which don't have international delivery option.
I use www.shopandship.com. It is very reliable.
Old 4th June 2017, 15:03   #5448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Thanks for sharing! Generally in how many days they deliver items from USA to India?
Old 4th June 2017, 15:09   #5449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Thanks for sharing! Generally in how many days they deliver items from USA to India?
My last order was from Amazon UK. Order was placed on 9/4 and delivered to SnS on 10/4. Shipped onward on 14/4 (delay due to SnS needing invoice and me not sending it to them quickly enough; this will not happen with Amazon) and delivered to my home in Bangalore on 18/4.

Don't think it is substantially different when consignment is from the US.
Old 6th June 2017, 09:53   #5450
Senior - BHPian

How does amazon share order details with courier company at 7.15 AM when the order was placed at 10.30 AM? This is what tracking detail shows.
Old 6th June 2017, 10:56   #5451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Cloudtail is quite reliable even for engine oil. I've bought Castrol 5W-40 Edge multiple times and they are 100% genuine but at a huge discount on MRP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Authenticity is not a problem as long as the seller is Cloudtail.

My only gripe about buying oil from Amazon has been the manufacturing date. They were more than 2 years old.
Thanks. I too am concerned about the manufactured date. I'll place an order if they can assure that I can return the product if the oil is older than a year.
Old 6th June 2017, 11:18   #5452
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
How does amazon share order details with courier company at 7.15 AM when the order was placed at 10.30 AM? This is what tracking detail shows.
I've seen something like this once as well. Two guesses:

1) Incorrect time set / timezone on some computer.

2) A lot of times you have to inform the courier company that there is a pick-up on that day. Maybe they generated that general pick-up at 7:15am -- and since your package was picked up as part of that batch, it imported that pick-up generation time.
Old 7th June 2017, 20:30   #5453
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

The WORST ever experience with Amazon Global in terms of delivery.

I had followed their instructions and uploaded my Aadhaar Card as KYC.

When the courier came home to deliver the product (Orient Watch) he demanded a photocopy for verification. He said he wanted the photocopy else he would not deliver. I told him to take a walk. At which time he asked me to raise a complaint. So blasé about customer service these filthy Aramex Courier people are!

I shall NEVER give my personal ID details photocopy to some random courier guy.

Especially when Amazon's stated KYC policy is as follows and I am not required to give any photocopies when I have already uploaded my KYC. That much is very clear.

Amazon KYC Policy Below:
ID Proof Collection for Delivery
When you purchase items being shipped from the US through Global Store, our designated carriers deliver the item to your delivery address. As per custom regulations, you need to provide Photo Address proof, which can be provided while placing the order on Amazon.in or at the time of delivery. ID Proof uploaded on Amazon is securely stored for all your future purchases and returns of Global Store products.

Basis this I got their customer service to call back on 6th (the same day the courier came)
and demanded re-delivery which I was assured would happen the same day or max the next day (today). On checking the site for the delivery status I found that now the order is going to be delivered only tomorrow (8th).

I blasted their customer service this afternoon at which time I was assured that they would deliver today. They said to me that the courier chap said that my phone was "Switched off". This is a regular lie that these couriers give. Either Phone Switched off OR door locked! Ridiculous!

Now it is 8pm and still no product!

Upon re escalating, again I am told by their filthy customer service that the order will only be delivered tomorrow.

Hence, out of absolute irritation, I have cancelled the order now and am awaiting their refund asap.

I have escalated this on their Facebook Page over the last 2 days and I am constantly being asked by their idiots to fill up some forms which I have resolutely refused to do!

Being a customer for 18 years with AMAZON, this is the ABSOLUTE WORST experience I have encountered, EVER!

Now I will NEVER buy from Amazon Global again. That is flat.

Disgusting people. Liars all of them.

Seriously I am so irritated that I am writing this personally to their Country Head!
Old 7th June 2017, 21:26   #5454
Distinguished - BHPian

Please don't let me annoy you even more <Blush> but one such experience in 18 years is... actually not too bad.

But, yes, I'd be angry too. Especially with this ethos of customer service which fails to address and resolve issues. I think Amazon.com have customer service outsourced here (used to know one of their trainer/managers), and I don't think this stuff would be acceptable to the .com people. So why do we .in people have to put up with it?
Old 7th June 2017, 22:40   #5455
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
.....So why do we .in people have to put up with it?
Same as everything else 'consumer' in .in (that's not a typo):

.com consumer: Screw me and I'll sue the pants off you!
.in consumer: Screw me and I'll take my pants off because suing you will just take several painful years and end the exact same way, if not worse!
Old 15th June 2017, 13:33   #5456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

I had followed their instructions and uploaded my Aadhaar Card as KYC.
Saw this late but I had two recent orders from Amazon Global shipped through Aramex. It is pretty evident that there is a disconnect between these two. As you did, I too uploaded the picture of my DL. But that was not during placing the order but a day later. However, when the aramex guy came to deliver a week later, he still asked me to provide an ID proof for their KYC. But he did not ask for a physical copy and just took a photograph of the same. He also indicated that this was a one time activity and the id proof was not required subsequently. He had no clue about the details already being sent via amazon.

Also, tracking is surprising not working for global orders. Quite surprising when even smaller companies like DTDC can provide feed to Ebay and Amazon and Aramex cannot.
Old 15th June 2017, 15:23   #5457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

Now I will NEVER buy from Amazon Global again. That is flat.

Disgusting people. Liars all of them.

Seriously I am so irritated that I am writing this personally to their Country Head!
Take it easy! This is the way the world is going after some wise guy decided "there shall be call centers" and "there shall be people-bots".

I lost money on an International Visa transaction fee, which they refused to acknowledge or refund and kept sending me some template emails on how they were sorry for the inconvenience but it was not their policy to refund the fee. This was after they charged me for something that was out of stock at the seller, so they refunded my money, without refunding the transaction fee. This was well before Amazon came to India.

Gave up on pursuing them and earned some forbearance for myself.
Old 15th June 2017, 16:33   #5458
Distinguished - BHPian

People-Bots. Nice one. perfectly describes what they are: if it is not on the script, they can't say it, and they certainly can't listen to what the customer is actually telling them like real humans do. Actually, I feel sorry for people that have to earn a living that way, and I try not to get angry with them: it is not their fault as individuals. Sometimes I fail at that and get angry anyway! I'm a very imperfect person.
Old 15th June 2017, 16:46   #5459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
how much do they charge for customs+their service charges for importing items from US?
Old 15th June 2017, 17:45   #5460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Vathsa View Post
how much do they charge for customs+their service charges for importing items from US?
Customs is as customs does.

Their service charge is the regular Aramex charges I guess. I have only checked if it is substantially different from Amazon's, which it isn't. The key thing is that Amazon ships by Royal Mail/India Post with no tracking whereas SnS uses the Aramex infrastructure end-to-end.

There was a $10 lifetime membership fees when I signed up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks