Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2018, 23:40   #5821
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Performax active wear on Ajio.

Long story, got a Performax active T-shirt in Bangalore at an Export surplus shop, loved it. Now not in Bangalore, so searched other brands at almost all websites, but didn't like price vs product. Accidental google search for Performax led me to Ajio. First time on Ajio, though having a Jio sim from its initial free days. Loved my experience. My Bye bye to all brands from Lotto to Nike & Export surplus shops in India.

* Performax is a RIL company.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Performax

Last edited by ritz3645 : 27th February 2018 at 23:43.
Old 28th February 2018, 13:23   #5822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz3645 View Post
Performax active wear on Ajio.
On similar lines, I have become a big fan of Decathlon wares. Use their 99 rs white T's for night wear along with 399 Rs cotton shorts.
Use their NewLook branded walking shoes ( Rs 399) for Gym use on weights day and 899 odd Rs shoes for cardio days.
Gym wear is also their domyos branded quickdry wear, so on and so forth. But I have to warn that a visit to Decathlon store creates a huge crater in your wallet. One can't stop at buying just a few items.
Old 28th February 2018, 15:08   #5823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Decathlon.
Thanks Ritesh,
I will check out Decathlon in my present city. I am hooked on active clothing for comfort, breath-ability, limited ironing, easy wash, plus rapid dry/dry fit. My abroad stuff ended in garbage by home, as were not normal for them (T's).
Next need and am there.
Old 2nd March 2018, 11:08   #5824
BHPian

Quote:
But I have to warn that a visit to Decathlon store creates a huge crater in your wallet. One can't stop at buying just a few items.
This is so very true. Have visited them thrice and min. swipe was for 5k. There are something or the other which catches our eye during each of the visit. Even though cheaper, the quality lasts long.

Some items procured,
1. Sun glass (have become a daily wear, replacing maui jim)
2. Big umbrella
3. Outdoor foldable small chair
4. Shirts/T-shirts/Fleece jacket/socks/shorts/track pants
5. Bicycle accessories
Old 10th March 2018, 09:27   #5825
Team-BHP Support

At least for my location, now I am going to prefer Flipkart more than Amazon. Amaon's sellers and delivery guys always either delay my shipping or don't ship it all despite paying up when making the purchase and Flipkart being on COD mode.
Old 21st March 2018, 13:11   #5826
Team-BHP Support

An unusual experience a few weeks back:

My wife bought a Fitbit on Amazon India in Sept '17 through a link that I got from Fitbit US. So, it was a Fitbit-authorized sale. A month back, one function stopped working so we initiated a warranty claim.

A few days after it was approved, she received an email from FedEx asking for Aadhar details "to release shipment". We assumed that this was probably an international shipment and hence, the details were required. We sent a soft copy across.

Next, they asked for a signed physical copy by post. Worrying about misuse, I sent them a stinker asking what grounds they were asking it on and whether the same was authorized by the Govt. of India. In a few hours, we get an email saying our shipment has been released.

The replacement device came from Fitbit China, hence perhaps the customs issue.
Old 23rd March 2018, 13:16   #5827
Distinguished - BHPian

There's some anniversary sale bound to happen through March 28th-29th of 2018 on Aliexpress. I don't fully understand how they want us to make use of it, but it's something like this - between now and the 28th, add what you want to buy to your shopping cart, and make your purchase on 28th/29th.

Long-time Aliexpress members get some points bonuses or something as well (i'm new to it).

Please do check it out.

For a Dashcam that I want, the normal cost is Rs.9K and the discounted price stands at Rs.7.5K.
Old 24th March 2018, 12:03   #5828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post

For a Dashcam that I want, the normal cost is Rs.9K and the discounted price stands at Rs.7.5K.
Can you send me the link too. I am all set to equip my cars with a Dashcam, but buying 3 at one go is not feasible and will attract duty if all ship together.

7.5 sound reasonable. Viofi A119s, were expensive, when I checked them out a few days back.
Old 24th March 2018, 14:02   #5829
BHPian

Quote:
Can you send me the link.... buying 3 at one go is not feasible and will attract duty if all ship together.

Sometimes products from Aliexpress above INR 2000 attracts custom duty.
Depends on seller, product and shipping method.
If you are lucky you may not have to pay.
Old 24th March 2018, 14:05   #5830
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can you send me the link too. I am all set to equip my cars with a Dashcam, but buying 3 at one go is not feasible and will attract duty if all ship together.

7.5 sound reasonable. Viofi A119s, were expensive, when I checked them out a few days back.
As it so happens, the Viofo A119s V2 is the very cam I am targeting. Here it is: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/VIOF...999.270.XbOzVW

The discounted price is USD 105, which makes it even cheaper than INR 7.5K actually

Last edited by locusjag : 24th March 2018 at 14:06.
Old 24th March 2018, 14:22   #5831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happysmiles View Post
If you are lucky you may not have to pay.
Thanks. Been shopping at Alibhai ki Dukan for over 4 years now, but all purchases have been less than 50 USD individually. This will be my first expensive purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
As it so happens, the Viofo A119s V2 is the very cam I am targeting.
Hehe Thanks.
Old 24th March 2018, 18:16   #5832
BHPian

The experiences on this thread encouraged me to order a smartwatch worth 70$ from Aliexpress. I placed the order on 2nd Mar, and have been watching the status of this everyday since.

Below is the screenshot of the current status. I wish they could make it more easy to understand. I am not sure what the current status is. Does it mean that this is held by customs? In Chennai or Mumbai? It is supposed to be delivered to Hyderabad.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-watchtrack.png  

Old 24th March 2018, 18:49   #5833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I wish they could make it more easy to understand. I am not sure what the current status is. Does it mean that this is held by customs?
The only thing one needs to have when purchasing from AliExpress is patience. I have ordered in excess of a hundred items and so far every item has been delivered. I have stopped checking on items now. I only ensure that the package is purchased with tracking option. You are covered and will always get a refund from AliExpress if the tracking does not prove it has reached you. I've had packages reach me anywhere from one week to three months time.
Your screenshot shows it has reached Chennai. Give it a few more days to get to you at Hyderabad. Also the aliexpress app has better tracking than the site.
Old 24th March 2018, 18:59   #5834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
The only thing one needs to have when purchasing from AliExpress is patience. I have ordered in excess of a hundred items and so far every item has been delivered.
I am considering taking a plunge and do my first ever shopping from AliExpress.

Pardon me for the usual questions but may I know how does one pay custom duty to get their hands on the shipment? Would I have to run pillar to post to get my consignment? I'm all okay with waiting and even paying a duty if it's mandatory, but I would prefer paying while it gets delivered to me at my home or office.

Is it your regular Flipkart/Amazon plus waiting time plus custom duty or am I missing something else too?

Last edited by Avalanche2409 : 24th March 2018 at 19:01. Reason: Small typographical error
Old 24th March 2018, 19:04   #5835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche2409 View Post
Would I have to run pillar to post to get my consignment? I'm all okay with waiting and even paying a duty if it's mandatory, buy I would prefer paying while it gets delivered to me at my home or office.
I've never had to pay duty maybe by pure luck. I've read that you need to pay the duty to the postman when he delivers the item. I do not believe you have to visit anywhere to pay the duty. It is door delivery. It's like an Amazon or flip kart purchase except with a wait time of a month or more. If you are prepared for delays then you will be OK.

Most Viewed