Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2018, 04:24   #5971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
My recent order for a Mi universal remote was charged duty and was delivered when I was abroad. Just checked the package and the reason it caused the customs to probably open it is because the shipping label wrongly describes the content as a mobile phone and valued it at USD 45, while the actual cost was USD 23. I have raised a dispute now with aliexpress. I am not sure how they will handle this.
As an update the seller rejected my dispute and refused reimburse me the 703rs that I had to pay due to the wrong description and value on the shipping label. Aliexpress support got involved and ruled in my favor. They are reimbursing me 10.4$ and upheld my dispute as valid.
Old 12th July 2018, 12:01   #5972
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Stay away from MyNextBook . in if you are planning to order any books. You may not get what you order, and whatever you get may have many quality issues. Return process is time and money consuming, and customer care is pathetic.
Old 17th July 2018, 02:03   #5973
Team-BHP Support

Why's this thread gone silent when Amazon's Prime Day and Flipkart's Big Shopping Days sale is on?

Post some offers people.
Old 17th July 2018, 08:14   #5974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Post some offers people.
Is this an offer-sharing thread??
Old 17th July 2018, 08:20   #5975
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Is this an offer-sharing thread??
I don't know of another thread wherein we post links from e-commerce sites. Please let me know if you do.
Old 17th July 2018, 09:11   #5976
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I don't know of another thread wherein we post links from e-commerce sites. Please let me know if you do.
We have this one but nothing on the deals:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post4415715 (The Discount Coupon Thread - Share them here)

I got a 24 inch monitor for home https://www.amazon.in/LG-24MP88HV-24...words=24mp88hv

Was 13K final after HDFC instant cashback. These sales are dangerous for the wallet.
Old 17th July 2018, 09:53   #5977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Thanks. I was thinking this is primarily a rant/review/advice thread, which is why I never posted offers.
Old 17th July 2018, 10:08   #5978
BANNED

Has anyone bought car parts from boodmo ?
I recently went on boodmo to order an oil filter for my Fabia 1.4 tdi . The site promises an amazing range of spares parts for all makes of automobiles; but here is the catch: the delivery time is inordinately large. They will deliver in 20 days from Delhi to Mumbai. When I raised a complaint, they informed me that the filter is not readily available and is being sourced. And my complaint was closed. I still await delivery.
I ordered Shell Helix Ultra oil on Amazon and received it in two days.
Old 17th July 2018, 10:36   #5979
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Why's this thread gone silent when Amazon's Prime Day and Flipkart's Big Shopping Days sale is on?

Post some offers people.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 available for an effective price of 38k after all discounts and exchange bonus on Amazon.

Google Pixel 2 (128 GB) available for an effective price of 42k on Flipkart, and they are offering 37k if you sell it back to them within 8 months.

Really confused, someone please help!!

Last edited by Oxy : 17th July 2018 at 10:39.
Old 17th July 2018, 10:43   #5980
BHPian

Ordered the new 6th gen iPad from Flipkart for 23.9k looks a good deal now that it supports apple pencil. Also got an Amazon fire stick and a boAt fast car charger for 399 including a micro USB cable. Amazingly fast delivery even during sales these days. Both things expected today.
Old 17th July 2018, 10:56   #5981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
I recently went on boodmo to order an oil filter for my Fabia 1.4 tdi . The site promises an amazing range of spares parts for all makes of automobiles; but here is the catch: the delivery time is inordinately large. They will deliver in 20 days from Delhi to Mumbai. When I raised a complaint, they informed me that the filter is not readily available and is being sourced. And my complaint was closed. I still await delivery.

You can head to this thread and read recent posts.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4424405

To answer your question, I have ordered from boodmo and they are trustworthy, only thing is if part is not readily available they take a bit more time to deliver than promised, but they have delivered the parts in both my orders. If you choose for a refund they will process that also without any problems.

Only grouse with them is, the vendors list the product and sometime the site mentions it is available but later they realise it's not in stock and they get the part from company, that's when it takes time. But I will go for boodmo even if sometimes they delay the order.

KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 17th July 2018 at 11:09.
Old 17th July 2018, 11:25   #5982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post

I am surprised that nobody replied to you here. Probably because there is a separate thread for buying car parts online.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-online-8.html

Btw, boodmo has been thrashed on this thread left, right and center on this thread. Order at your own peril!
Old 18th July 2018, 16:03   #5983
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
We have this one but nothing on the deals:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post4415715 (The Discount Coupon Thread - Share them here)

I got a 24 inch monitor for home https://www.amazon.in/LG-24MP88HV-24...words=24mp88hv

Was 13K final after HDFC instant cashback. These sales are dangerous for the wallet.
How is the overall performance? I'm planning to buy it for development purposes + movies.

Have you tried any 1080p/4K movies?
Old 20th July 2018, 13:02   #5984
Senior - BHPian

I never learn!

Another amazon order, another new issue!

I am prime customer and placed an order during prime day sale (multiple items). I received part of the order today. There was suppose to be two items in the package, but one was missing. Invoice for both items were inside, and order status says they delivered both the items.

I contacted customer care, and their solution was refund. If I place the order again it will take another 4-6 days for delivery and have to pay higher price as well. They are suppose to be a world's most customer centric company, and I am their Prime customer.

Last edited by Latheesh : 20th July 2018 at 13:06.
Old 20th July 2018, 14:30   #5985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Another amazon order, another new issue!
Same boat. Not a prime subscriber though.

The description of the item I ordered said that there would be three items; I received only two. An email complaint elicited the stock response - refund or replacement. I liked the items and was unwilling to return them and hence settled for a partial refund.

Good thing is that whenever sellers goof up or are unscrupulous, amazon steps in and tries to protect the customers' interests. Works most of the times, but not always!

Most Viewed