Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2018, 16:09   #5986
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Similar story here. Order placed in Chennai (for engine oil, what else)

Delivered to a courier centre in Chennai and then routed back to Pune where it was originally shipped from, and its been two days since then with no reasonable status update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I never learn!

Another amazon order, another new issue!

I am prime customer and placed an order during prime day sale (multiple items). I received part of the order today. There was suppose to be two items in the package, but one was missing. Invoice for both items were inside, and order status says they delivered both the items.

I contacted customer care, and their solution was refund. If I place the order again it will take another 4-6 days for delivery and have to pay higher price as well. They are suppose to be a world's most customer centric company, and I am their Prime customer.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-amzn.png  

Old 20th July 2018, 20:16   #5987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I never learn!
Another amazon order, another new issue!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Same boat. Not a prime subscriber though.
Unfortunately, they are still the benchmark. Until the other companies step up their games this is still the best we can get. In my experience, the others would not even care to apologise and make the offer for refund/replacement this easily.
Old 25th July 2018, 07:55   #5988
Senior - BHPian

Flipkart purchases eBay.in. Walmart purchases Flipkart. Flipkart decides to shut down eBay.in. eBay.com decides to start afresh its India operations.

Interesting, but confusing.

Quote:
E-commerce major Flipkart will shut down eBay.in next month and launch a new platform for refurbished goods as it attempts to tap into a large market segment that is predominantly unorganised.
Quote:
In May this year, eBay had said it was ending its strategic partnership with Flipkart and will relaunch eBay India with a differentiated offering to focus on cross-border trade.
Source
Old 25th July 2018, 09:02   #5989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Flipkart purchases eBay.in. Walmart purchases Flipkart. Flipkart decides to shut down eBay.in. eBay.com decides to start afresh its India operations.

Interesting, but confusing.
Well, the purchase of ebay.in I'm guessing was a mandatory requirement for FK to get the investment it needed last year, at a valuation it was comfortable with. It allowed Ebay to offload its India unit (which probably wasn't going anywhere) without much trouble. A marriage of convenience?

And now they are terminating it, because (again I'm guessing) Ebay's brand/IP licensing deal with FK would mean Walmart would get access to these intangibles and being their competitor, Ebay doesn't want that.

Lastly, now that Ebay is out of the B2C race (Amazon/Flipkart), C2C race (Quikr/Olx and FK's new initiative) they are trying something new: cross-border trade (again, something in which they need to compete with Amazon & Alibaba). Not sure what the thinking is.
Old 25th July 2018, 09:51   #5990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Not sure what the thinking is.
Long back, I had a friend living in one of those hole in the wall paying guest accommodations in Chennai; preparing for his CA exams. He used to fill his quota of drinking water for free from a nearby eatery where he took his daily meals. That eatery was subsequently taken over by a local biggie, who was fronting for someone else.

With the change of hands, a two litre 7Up bottleful of water began to be charged at ₹1. The amount kept on increasing till the time it became cheaper to get a 20L can of water door delivered. In a few months, not only did the said biggie start supplying 20L water cans to the entire building and its neighborhood, he also forbade the residents from getting it from other, cheaper vendors.

By the time my friend left, an arrangement was in place to collect four (20L) bottles worth of money from the tenants along with the rent, irrespective of whether the water was actually bought/needed or not.

Could be , could be not!

I am just saying .

Last edited by dailydriver : 25th July 2018 at 09:52.
Old 29th July 2018, 14:56   #5991
Senior - BHPian

Poor experience with cashify in trying to sell my old mobile. I had scheduled a pickup yesterday between 1-5pm. At 1 pm I got a call from them saying that due to "operational issues" the pickup was being rescheduled to today between 11-1pm.

Today I get an SMS saying that they couldn't reach me ( I was all day at home ) , and the pickup was again being rescheduled to 3pm. Still waiting and haven't got any call yet from them. I think they're not spending enough on logistics and the customers end waiting. Far from their motto of selling mobiles in 60 seconds.
Old 29th July 2018, 15:47   #5992
Senior - BHPian

Sad that eBay.in in shutting down - used to find a lot of cheaper alternatives and oddball items on eBay.in. My experience has always been good with them.
Guess it's AliExpress then I need to switch over to full time for such needs.
Old 29th July 2018, 19:50   #5993

Hi, I am posting it here as I am not sure and think this is the best thread for this. Mods - Please move as appropriate.

Does anyone have any experience with extracarbon.com ?
I have been meaning to get rid of the junk lying around but want to not contribute to landfill. This seems like a green initiative.
Old 5th August 2018, 08:59   #5994
Senior - BHPian

For the bibliophiles on the forum who would like to read/collect books translated into Kannada, Kuvempu Bhasha Bharathi, a Government of Karnataka funded institution is selling its publications at 50% discounts + postage. These are not old, dilapidated, crumble-if-you touch kind of stocks rotting in the godowns but books that are still fresh.

The downer?

Most (not all) books are in Kannada and hence have a limited appeal.

Click here to browse/buy.

Disclaimer: No connections/affiliations.
Old 5th August 2018, 09:02   #5995
Senior - BHPian

I had bought Auxus Sprinter Bluetooth Earphones (having Multipoint connection) from Amazon.in on 25-11-2017 for Rs. 1159/-.
I lost it on road 2 weeks ago.
When I checked on Amazon.in to buy again but it was unavailable (it still is). So searched on eBay.in and found there this Auxus Sprinter available for Rs. 999.18. I placed on order on 25-7-2018 afternoon. I received order confirmation sms.
Then I received "Your product details is ready to be shipped." message on 26-7-2018 10:13 am.

Whenever I checked My Orders page to know whether the product is shipped or not, the page said yet to be shipped.

Then I get message on 01-08-2018 "Your claim for PsP ID: ________ is now approved. Refund ref no. _________ . We are pleased to credit the refund amount to your account.........." even though I did not cancel the order myself.

I think this has to do with Flipkart taking over eBay.in but eBay.in says that it will not accept new orders from 14-8-2018. So what was the problem in shipping my product if it was ready to be shipped?

Now after searching, came across Wayona Reverb Y9 (which too has Multipoint connection). Wayona.in website mentions that this Reverb Y9 can be bought at- Amazon, Flipkart and Paytmmall.
Amazon has in stock (Rs. 1699/-), Flipkart does not have in stock (Rs. 1499/-), Paytmmall has price of Rs. 1499/-.

Is it recommended to go ahead with Paytmmall to save Rs. 200/- ? Or should I go with Amazon.in and spend Rs. 200/- extra for peace of mind?

Please inform if Any other Multipoint Bluetooth Earphones available in India for under Rs. 1500/-?

Thank you in advance.
Old 5th August 2018, 09:45   #5996
Senior - BHPian

Ordered a DSLR, received Adhesive!

A friend of mine had ordered a Nikon DSLR camera worth Rs. 55000/- from Flipkart. Seller's name is Zoomsquare. This seller has some really bad reviews but he missed to check the seller reviews before buying.

This is what he received yesterday.

The Online Shopping Thread-whatsapp-image-20180804-2.57.15-pm.jpeg

A speaker and a pack of synthetic resin adhesive.

He called up Flipkart and they said they will call him back in 15 minutes. Later when they called him, they said they have 'escalated' the matter. No communication after that.

What would be the best way forward to deal with this mess?

Last edited by clevermax : 5th August 2018 at 09:49.
Old 5th August 2018, 10:57   #5997
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ordered a DSLR, received Adhesive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post

What would be the best way forward to deal with this mess?
Would also suggest to take this to social media (facebook / twitter) tagging flipkart.
Old 5th August 2018, 11:24   #5998
BHPian

While searching for something came across this site for sporting / camping stuff.
They seem to have a decent collection.

FYI
In case it is useful to anyone
https://www.trekkinn.com/

Please update your feedback if you ordered anything.

Last edited by Fillmore : 5th August 2018 at 11:28.
Old 5th August 2018, 14:00   #5999
BHPian

Why not return the item stating what you have ordered and what is delivered. Please check the return policy for your category
Old 5th August 2018, 14:38   #6000
BHPian

The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
While searching for something came across this site for sporting / camping stuff.
They seem to have a decent collection.

FYI
In case it is useful to anyone
https://www.trekkinn.com/

Please update your feedback if you ordered anything.

Yes off have ordered from https://www.motardinn.com.
Trekinn and Motardinn are part of the parent company called Tradeinn.
I think they are based in Italy.
Great communication and fast shipping .
My item came by India Post in 18 days.

Most Viewed