Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2018, 17:37   #6001
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ordered a DSLR, received Adhesive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
A friend of mine had ordered a Nikon DSLR camera worth Rs. 55000/- from Flipkart.
This is what he received yesterday.

What would be the best way forward to deal with this mess?
Big mistake to not check the seller ratings before ordering. I think Amazon is way better in this aspect. Especially Prime/ Amazon fulfilled orders are almost always bang on.
He will have to raise a refund request with the pictures. Knowing FK, they may take time, but will refund the order. There have been many more cases where FK has been taken for a ride by unscrupulous buyers. They keep ordering costly mobile phones and keep raising a complaint that they have received a brick and receive refunds. These culprits have made lakhs of money till eventually FK investigated and reported it to the police. This was also covered in one of the recent episodes of Saavdhan India I think.
Old 7th August 2018, 13:42   #6002
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ordered a DSLR, received Adhesive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
A friend of mine had ordered a Nikon DSLR camera worth Rs. 55000/- from Flipkart. Seller's name is Zoomsquare. This seller has some really bad reviews but he missed to check the seller reviews before buying.

This is what he received yesterday.

What would be the best way forward to deal with this mess?
First step is, to contact the credit card service provider and raise a dispute. This prevents the payment to the dealer. Post raising the dispute, you can create a product return request in Flipkart
Old 7th August 2018, 14:13   #6003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
This prevents the payment to the dealer
I didn't know disputes work in India. It would be great if this works to stop payment to the dealer or seller. Ive done disputes earlier when I was double charged sometimes and the bank would investigate and revert one transaction etc but nothing against a faulty or fake product purchase.
Old 7th August 2018, 14:58   #6004

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I didn't know disputes work in India.
I have, thanks to this forum. It was a case of non-delivery of goods from a small e-commerce site. After 2 months of frustration, I found the solution here and it worked with case resolution in 15 days. fyi- it was an ICICI debit card payment.
Old 7th August 2018, 21:40   #6005
BHPian

Had a very bad experience with one of the shippers with Snapdeal: Radical Marketing solutions. I had ordered a Godrej Safe model Ritz Bio with I-Buzz on Snapdeal. Made an advance payment in full since COD was not allowed. They sent me model Filo Digital 55 which is a very bulky model and costs much less than the one I ordered. Got it picked up for replacement. Today I received the replacement but again a wrong one. This time they sent me Ritz digital with I-Buzz; again a cheaper one than the one I had ordered. Have asked for a pcik up and refund of the amount paid to them. I am not going to wait for any replacement. They are simply unscrupulous people.
After I had ordered I found that a similar model is available with Vijay Sales at my place with a waiting time of around a week or so and at the same price that Snapdeal had offered me. I hope the refund comes through without much persuasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
First step is, to contact the credit card service provider and raise a dispute. This prevents the payment to the dealer. Post raising the dispute, you can create a product return request in Flipkart
Is there a time limit between the date payment was made and the date the dispute is raised with the credit card company?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th August 2018 at 21:51. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Thanks.
Old 7th August 2018, 23:25   #6006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skchettry View Post
Is there a time limit between the date payment was made and the date the dispute is raised with the credit card company?
Usually 30-45 days after the statement with the offending transaction is generated. Depends on the card issuing bank and should be part of the statement's fine print.
Old 8th August 2018, 21:21   #6007
BHPian

Hi. Am posting here of an ongoing sour experience from Amazon India. Have ordered lots of stuff in the past at my home address and my previous office address. First less than pleasant experience. Listing the facts. Would appreciate some views and advice on what to do.

• Placed an order collectively worth 18K on Amazon India on 29th July 2018. 2 items (Amazon Basics) from Cloudtail and 1 item from Appario retail. Prime delivery was estimated on 1st August at my university in Sonepat.

• On 1st August. Received a text saying all three items delivered at 11:30 AM. As per my app it was delivered to receptionist a named XXX. Such a person does not exist in my university. The only Amazon delivery guy came on time as per schedule at 5PM. He had no package for me, even after showing my order ID. As per the Amazon delivery agent who I managed to catch hold of, this agent recognised the name of the person who received the package on my behalf earlier in the day, I was informed it was received by the mail room guy at another university in Sonepat, 12 kms from mine. Some goof up at Amazon's end perhaps. (I literally did Amazon's job for them in tracking where it got misplaced)

• So I have paid 18k for things which haven't reached me. The app has been updated as items delivered.

• Lodged a complaint with Amazon on 1st August. Was informed to wait till 7th August for an internal investigation, and that I can expect either the items to be delivered by EOD on August 7th. If not, I can initiate a refund.

• August 8th has come and gone (10 days since I placed and paid for the order). Got on the phone again, they have asked for another 5 working days to complete their investigation and locate the package/dispatch again/issue a refund. I don't know what they have been doing in the last 7 days. They again pointed out that as per delivery status it was delivered on 1st August and they will do their best to get to the bottom of this. I am told it has been escalated to the highest level and it is not possible to expedite further.

• Am sick and tired of talking to them every other day and reaching someone new and explaining everything from scratch.

• This time once again, i have been promised a resolution and not to worry at all.

• It has been quite exhausting. I am convinced cash on delivery is the way to go.

• Everyone tells me that Amazon customer care is the best. I am not being able to see this or any proactive-ness from their side.

• Should I dispute the credit card transaction for now. 15k was on credit card. I do not want the stuff anymore. Just want my money back at this point. Will perhaps buy later from a physical store.

I am at my wit's end. Feel like I am talking to wall to robots who only say 'I can understand, please don't worry.' After 10 days, now I am really irritated and frustrated. It's beyond me now. Please advise.

Thanks,
Promit

Last edited by promit : 8th August 2018 at 21:23.
Old 8th August 2018, 21:39   #6008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Hi. Am posting here of an ongoing sour experience from Amazon India.

I am at my wit's end. Feel like I am talking to wall to robots who only say 'I can understand, please don't worry.' After 10 days, now I am really irritated and frustrated. It's beyond me now. Please advise.

Thanks,
Promit
Promit, this is indeed a goof up. If it was their own delivery fleet, Amazon could actually do something about it. If it was a small item, they would have refunded you the amount - but 18k is a rather large amount to be refunding. At this point your best bet it to actually visit that University and get it from there and raise a stinker with Amazon (email, social media etc). Have you tried to contact the person who actually received the package?

You do understand that the goof up was from the delivery fellow and its pretty difficult to actually go and take back those items.

The only silver lining about this is that you know it was actually delivered to some guy, whom you can contact.

If nothing works, dispute the transaction with your service provider (Credit Card Company)- you should be fine.
Old 8th August 2018, 22:18   #6009
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
You do understand that the goof up was from the delivery fellow and its pretty difficult to actually go and take back those items.
That should be Amazon's problem, not promit's. It is no excuse that Amazon delivered to the wrong address: they should have refunded or resent the item immediately.
Old 8th August 2018, 22:39   #6010
BHPian

Quote:
Hi. Am posting here of an ongoing sour experience from Amazon India. Have ordered lots of stuff in the past at my home address and my previous office address. First less than pleasant experience. Listing the facts. Would appreciate some views and advice on what to do.
I can understand your frustration Promit. Similar thing happened with me as well when the delivery guy goofed up the delivery of my parcel. I received a message on the day of the delivery and was waiting for the delivery guy to come to my house. He came but left without leaving any parcel, I called him immediately and he said it will be delivered the next day the status was also updated to next day delivery on Amazon.

But I received a message the next day that the parcel was delivered. I immediately called the Amazon customer care and informed them of the problem, they took 2 days to investigate the issue and they refunded my money after 2 days with an additional gift card for the goof up. They also informed me that the parcel was indeed delivered to someone in my society but don't know what happened after that.

But please note in my case the cost of the stuff was below 1000. They will certainly either deliver it again or refund your money. I think they are taking sometime due to the amount involved.
Old 9th August 2018, 03:12   #6011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
That should be Amazon's problem, not promit's. It is no excuse that Amazon delivered to the wrong address: they should have refunded or resent the item immediately.
It is Amazon's problem but there is an easier route to solve this; even after contacting Amzon's CC. If I can go and pick it up myself and get this mess sorted, I would have that rather than go through this headache.

It's just a very difficult thing to take a delivered item back from a 3rd entity for Amazon, while it might be much easier for the consumer to do so. I also expect Amazon to compensate the consumer for this hassle.
Old 9th August 2018, 07:54   #6012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was informed it was received by the mail room guy at another university in Sonepat, 12 kms from mine.
This happened to me too once. They delivered to the mail room of an apartment complex about 4 km from mine. The names are similar (same builder) and the wrong one is more popular as a landmark (on the main road; mine's a couple of kms off the main road). I just went over there and picked up my package since it was a mobile phone which I needed immediately.

Anyway, yesterday was another phone delivery (OP6, 40K price). My wife was inconvenienced when the delivery person turned up so she asked the security of our complex to collect the package. But it seems now they need a PIN - which neither of us was aware of. :-) She made a frantic call to me, and I pored over the order page on Amazon to finally locate the PIN. Only after entering the PIN into their app did the delivery person hand over the package. I think this system will help in avoiding such situations at least on high ticket size items.
Old 9th August 2018, 08:18   #6013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
She made a frantic call to me, and I pored over the order page on Amazon to finally locate the PIN. Only after entering the PIN into their app did the delivery person hand over the package. I think this system will help in avoiding such situations at least on high ticket size items.
Yes true. Just like big basket Amazon have started implementing pin based delivery. Even I was taken aback when the delivery person asked for pin.
Old 9th August 2018, 09:11   #6014
Distinguished - BHPian

What is the refund process on aliexpress ? One seller has been dodgy and finally agreed for a refund. But he is asking for my paypal acct
Old 9th August 2018, 09:48   #6015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
But he is asking for my paypal acct
give him your paypal and if you still don't get it then raise a dispute against the order. The aliexpress folks will step in and you can upload proof and maybe this conversation with the seller as well. It has worked out well for me in couple of cases.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks