Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2018, 16:29   #6046
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

I don't know, Chetan. I guess I'll give it a day of being stubborn and then give in, if only so that I can order the item from someone else.
Old 16th August 2018, 17:16   #6047
BHPian

I had ordered a Dremel type of mini drill set with 228 parts through AliExpress on 19th July and it landed in Mumbai by the 2nd of August. Since then it had been sitting in the Foreign Post Office in Mumbai, till the 14th, when the postman delivered it after I paid Rs. 640 as Customs duty for a 2400 buck package. I didn't argue, since it was a good deal anyway. Nothing was missing, which was my main concern.
Old 16th August 2018, 22:44   #6048
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The parcels come by train from Kolkata to Bangalore. Hence, you can expect a gap of 5-10 days between the item arriving in Kolkata and it getting scanned at Bangalore Sub FGN post. Even if it would have reached Bangalore, it will be inscanned by FGN post only during clearance time and once they do it, they immediately forward to the GPO or local post office. If it is beyond 10 days then you can escalate it. Else, I would suggest you to wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
This might sound crazy, I had a parcel stuck at Kolkata for over a month, then I tried unusual route by logging an RTI request to Dept. Of Post seeking reasons for hold up. Very next day it moved to Bangalore office and got delivered. Cost incurred - 10 rupees, worth it only if held up goods is important and urgent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I've stopped China Post shipping only because of this reason. Stick to Aliexpress Standard shipping and it will come through Singapore Post via Chennai. Much faster!
Two of the 5 parcels got delivered today. Funny thing is the tracking still showed their location as Kolkata. I manually confirmed that I have received the goods.

From next time I will try AliExpress standard shipping. Thank you for the suggestions.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th August 2018 at 11:09. Reason: Removing unwanted spacing between quoted posts. Thanks!
Old 16th August 2018, 23:12   #6049
BHPian

Ordered a hdmi selector from AliExpress on 5th late night and it was delivered today, 11 days later. Buying from top sellers or stores with huge feedback is quite painless and really fast these days.
Old 17th August 2018, 01:38   #6050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarPatel View Post
I had ordered a Dremel type of mini drill set with 228 parts through AliExpress on 19th July and it landed in Mumbai by the 2nd of August. Since then it had been sitting in the Foreign Post Office in Mumbai, till the 14th, when the postman delivered it after I paid Rs. 640 as Customs duty for a 2400 buck package. I didn't argue, since it was a good deal anyway. Nothing was missing, which was my main concern.
Hi, I was planning on ordering a Dremel, but was confused with the Custom Duties.
Also wasn't sure if the Customs would allow such product.
Can you share some info about it?
Like how are the charges applied to a product, on what basis and was the product you ordered undervalued by the seller.
Old 17th August 2018, 09:48   #6051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis_vaz View Post
Hi, I was planning on ordering a Dremel, but was confused with the Custom Duties.
Also wasn't sure if the Customs would allow such product.
Can you share some info about it?
Like how are the charges applied to a product, on what basis and was the product you ordered undervalued by the seller.
Sorry, I've no idea of how Customs levies the charges and hoped that the package would come through unchecked, like many other items I had ordered in the past. I did put a personal message to the seller to quote a lower price but I believe all packages go through a scanner at our end, so at the end of the day all we can do is keep our fingers crossed.
About the Dremel sets, the small parts are really not of the best quality. Just ok for personal interest kind of use. I myself don't know how much I am actually going to use it, just wanted it for fooling around with. Cheers.
Old 17th August 2018, 11:25   #6052
BHPian

In contention for a BlackBerry Priv on Amazon.in. The only problem is that the seller National-Shoppe has "verified purchase" reviews all horribly wrong. I checked with Amazon & all they said on call and on chat support was that for a pre-purchase scenario if a buyer is not satisfied with the reviews/ratings of a seller, then they need not buy.

Nothing in response to my queries of how amazon is allowing this seller selling refurbished and motherboard worn out products as brand new and swallowing up people's money since there is no recourse of warranty/guarantee on this product as it is not manufactured anymore and nor are spares available.

This is what keeps me away from online shopping. I agree the product i'm looking for a is a niche within a niche and also not officially supported by the manufacturer, but my grouse is against this kind of a seller platform where anything is being sold as a new unopened product, when infact several reviews mentioned about this seller show's that this is a daylight robbery.

Another seller called "BlackBerry Hub", with no customer reviews nor ratings replied to most user questions about this product and said call me on this number etc for more information and that he sells brand new genuine unopened products on his storefront. Upon speaking to him he says don't order from my amazon store front, but instead come down to bombay and pick it up or i'll courier it to you wherever you are etc. When i asked how is this possible that amazon is showing your storefront as available for sale for this product, he said sellers must have a minimum stock requirement of a product and that he doesn't have it himself and he imports based on confirmed orders from buyers either on amazon or personally.

So to me it seems Amazon doesn't care about the buyer experience going sour because of unscrupulous sellers.

Last edited by Ford5 : 17th August 2018 at 11:34.
Old 17th August 2018, 20:26   #6053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Hi. Any one using Boat Rockerz 400 Bluetooth headphones?
Hi. Further on my earlier post -

Last Friday, I was able to lay my hands on the Boat Rockerz 600, and used them extensively during the weekend and on the 15th.

Netflix

I stream it from OP3T to Chrome cast to LG LED, with the sound output either through the TV directly or SONY BDV-N9200W. This combination works fine - no lag observed.

On Friday night, I connected the 600 series headphones to the TV's Bluetooth for audio. Observed a lag of < 1 sec, which varies, and is sometimes a good 1 sec. The longer the phrase, the longer the feeling of a lag. It also varies with how the camera is focusing while the dialog is being delivered. If the focus keeps changing between the speaker and the listener, the lag feels less, despite a long phrase.

Anyway, after that I connected the Blitzwolf bluetooth receiver I use in the car to pair with my cell phone. Connected this device to TV via bluetooth and plugged in the HTC stereo earphones on the 3.5 mm jack on the receiver. Surprise, surprise - there was no lag, even though the receiver was connected to the TV via bluetooth.

https://www.blitzwolf.com/BlitzWolf-...pter-p-95.html

Having said that, I was already blown away by the quality and ergonomics of the Boat Rockerz 600, and decided to make peace with the lag and spend the weekend. By Saturday evening, I was used to the lag, and it was not noticeable. Lets say, I was too immersed in the content and the sound quality.

Between Friday night and Monday early morning, I watched close to 25 hrs. of Netflix content, and there was no sign of ears paining or any other discomfort.

3 hrs. each night on Monday & Tuesday, followed by 10 hrs. on the 15th, I was convinced that I need not try any other model/s. In fact, I didn't use the SONY even during day time on the 15th.

I had ordered the Boat Rockerz 400 during the Amazon Independence Day offer, and they arrived yesterday.

Half an hour with the 400 series, and I placed a request for return immediately. There is a difference of day & night between the 400 & 600 series, and yes, my ears hurt after using the 400 series for 20 mins.

The product return policy was Exchange-only, however, upon informing Amazon that I needed refund in Amazon Pay and not my bank account (I had used a debit card to pay for the order) to buy the 600 series, they obliged, and the return pick up was completed today, and INR 999/- (current price for 400 series is INR 1499/-) credited back to Amazon Pay.

Awaiting a deal on the 600 series to order them. Till then, I will be using the borrowed set.

All in all, if you can live with the lag, I would highly recommend the Boat Rockerz 600 headphones for anyone looking within a budget of INR 2300/-

Thanks to all who pitched in with their inputs. I wanted to try JBL, but I will give it a miss this time.

Disclaimer - No commercial interest in any of the brands quoted in this post. Just sharing my varied experiences.
Old 17th August 2018, 20:58   #6054
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Half an hour with the 400 series, and I placed a request for return immediately. There is a difference of day & night between the 400 & 600 series, and yes, my ears hurt after using the 400 series for 20 mins.
.. Surprised that you were able to bear that for that long ! And I really wonder how that thing got a 4 star rating over 7850 ratings on Amazon.in
Old 17th August 2018, 21:40   #6055
BHPian

Quote:
H

Hi Safety is Param,
I also cancelled my ₹999 priced Boat Rockerz 400 order, but albeit before being shipped. Issue - On ear uncomfortable feel according to some reviews. Amazon did sell all the stock they had. Following day am, again saw it as lightning deal with available stock on 15th August. Ordered it thinking last opportunity, but later cancelled it. Yesterday ordered Xiaomi basic from Amazon and a pen shape Bt 4.1 fm player from Aliexpress.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-img_20180817_212957.jpg  

Old 18th August 2018, 07:38   #6056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skchettry View Post
Had a very bad experience with one of the shippers with Snapdeal: Radical Marketing solutions. I had ordered a Godrej Safe model Ritz Bio with I-Buzz on Snapdeal. Made an advance payment in full since COD was not allowed. They sent me model Filo Digital 55 which is a very bulky model and costs much less than the one I ordered. Got it picked up for replacement. Today I received the replacement but again a wrong one. This time they sent me Ritz digital with I-Buzz; again a cheaper one than the one I had ordered. Have asked for a pcik up and refund of the amount paid to them. I am not going to wait for any replacement. They are simply unscrupulous people.
So finally Snapdeal has processed the full refund. Hopefully it should be credited by the next seven days, as they say.
So watch out for this seller 'Radical Marketing Solutions', New Delhi. I lost more than a month trying to get something that I ordered and never got it. Back to brick and mortar shop for now.
Old 22nd August 2018, 08:58   #6057
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
give him your paypal and if you still don't get it then raise a dispute against the order. .
How to receive via paypal ? I gave my id to one seller. But when seller tried to transfer, he gets error saying I have exceeded my limits ( but this is not the case) . I dont know if additional settings are required on the paypal account to receive payments.
Old 22nd August 2018, 09:24   #6058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
How to receive via paypal ? I gave my id to one seller. But when seller tried to transfer, he gets error saying I have exceeded my limits ( but this is not the case) . I dont know if additional settings are required on the paypal account to receive payments.
Paypal has some India-specific compliance requirements for receiving money. Please check if you have completed those or not.

For a while they weren't even allowing Indian customers to receive money at all. Some face-off with RBI.

I think this guy tries to explain it all: https://www.isaumya.com/shopping-pay...ues-explained/ - could be a bit biased and dated, though.
Old 22nd August 2018, 15:40   #6059
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I've stopped China Post shipping only because of this reason. Stick to Aliexpress Standard shipping and it will come through Singapore Post via Chennai. Much faster!
No such thing. It depends on where it is being sent from.

Last week I did this, paid extra for shipping for one item. And it's headed to Kol. .. wanted this one item quicker, but ... .

Will a miracle happen ?

btw, another item that came via Kol is soaking wet. Electronic item ..
Old 22nd August 2018, 16:06   #6060
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
You will have to register your bank account with paypal and also provide some additional documents like PAN number and in some cases GSTIN too in case you would want to use the account for business. The bank account registration is through a complex process. First you provide your account details. Then Paypal transfers a random amount of money yet very small into your account over two transactions. You need to enter the amount they paid you in Paypal portal to successfully verify the linking to bank account.

And yes, Aliexpress Standard Shipping is NOT always through Singapore post. It just has a better turnaround time especially with respect to dispatching the parcel. Apart from that, the carrier might be CN, SG or even Hong Kong Post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks