Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2020, 09:47   #6616
BANNED

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

In Kochi, JioMart has improved by leaps and bounds. Deliveries now come in sealed covers. And there is an OTP system which kept going haywire initially for couple of weeks but is now working flawlessly. i have once faced an issue of a burst cooking oil pouch inside the pouch but that was a lesser known brand. As I write this, an order placed will be delivered in less than an hour. Previously, it used to take 2 - 3 days.

i have also faced the problem of ordered items running out of stock in initial days. This is no longer an issue for past 5 - 6 deliveries (45 + days).

This was a huge issue with Big Bazaar,with 15 - 30% order value getting refunded. Since they had a minimum order quantity of ₹ 1200, oil invariably end up ordering unnecessary things to get urgently needs. With JioMart, it is opposite. With everything on display delivered, we actually end up spending more. (Dont ask why or how - it is happening)
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 08:47   #6617
BHPian

Not sure if this is on the rise but over the past two months i have been the victim of pilferage and non-delivery of packages both by amazon and flipkart deliveries. I have had two packages not delivered by amazon separated by a week or so with value of about 4000inr. Was a struggle for me to get my money back. I have two security cameras towards the front of my house and i have proof that there was no delivery at the said time. In one instance i was able to prove what was carried in by the delivery guy.
From flipkart i am now facing delivery of an empty carton. On closer inspection i see a slit in the tape on one end and the content has been pilfered without opening. The box is unnecessarily too large and can hold four quantity of the 1.5kg product that was stolen from it. I wasnt home during the delivery and am sure had i been there, i would not have noticed either.
What makes it easier for the modus operandi is that due to covid, we and maybe most customers, are having the boxes set aside without touching them for a day or two.
diyguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 18:28   #6618
Distinguished - BHPian

Coronavirus ate my shopping?

But seriously:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
... What makes it easier for the modus operandi is that due to covid, we and maybe most customers, are having the boxes set aside without touching them for a day or two.
I have changed my "SOP."

I may give a quick spray with lysol solution, but, essentially, I open and get rid of the outer packing soon after delivery. I then wash my hands well.

The items themselves may then be sprayed and/or left in the fresh air for a while, as appropriate.

Thankfully, have not received any empty boxes yet.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 16:57   #6619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
But, if something wrong happens with your order, then there is no chance of getting back your money.
I second this and I have experienced the same. Despite lodging a compliant nothing has happened - they do not have anything like a Customer Service.

I am still using them despite the incident since they accept Sodexo Meal card for food items and have not seen Amazon Pantry, BigBasket etc accept the same as of now.
Old 9th October 2020, 18:32   #6620
Distinguished - BHPian

Does anybody here ever shop from RS the electrics/electronics/tools business?

I have bought a couple of things from them, which would have been hard to find elsewhere, and the experience has been fine. What I find, however, is that I get regular emails offering great deals and huge discounts, but if I follow the link in the email and check out the prices, I find them to be just the same prices as elsewhere... no great deal or discount!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 18:42   #6621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I second this and I have experienced the same. Despite lodging a compliant nothing has happened - they do not have anything like a Customer Service.

I am still using them despite the incident since they accept Sodexo Meal card for food items and have not seen Amazon Pantry, BigBasket etc accept the same as of now.
Exactly same thing happening with me
Inspite of couple of issues with my order, I am still ordering stuff from JioMart mainly for two reasons.
1) Their prices are very much competitive (compared to BB, FK or Amazon)
2) No minimum cart value to avail free delivery.

Regarding the Sodexo card, BB started accepting the card now. And it is same process like JioMart where we can pay online. Earlier the process used to be different where they would send the payment link and we had to pay it through that link.
kavensri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 14:36   #6622
BHPian

Has anyone had any prior experience with DesertCart.in? This looks like a typical website that ships stuff from US to India (like Cart2India) but specific items seem to be cheaper here.

Any prior experience around this would help. I am looking for spare batteries for my Sony Mirrorless. Some of the Indian online shopping sites (Tata Cliq and Snapdeal) seem to be carrying fake products. While elsewhere the original Sony ones are quite pricey. Thinking of getting NEWEER brand batteries (they are not original and do not pretend to be either, but have great reviews online).

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 12th October 2020 at 16:36. Reason: typos
sachinayak is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 12:44   #6623
BHPian

Do we have any megathread for the Amazon and Flipkart BBD sale?
prasathlr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 13:10   #6624
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
Do we have any megathread for the Amazon and Flipkart BBD sale?
Not a megathread but here is a mega document, running 30 pages with all electronics on the offer as part of BBD!!

Attaching as received on WhatsApp.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Flipkart BBD'20 Electronics Cheat Sheet (1).pdf (1.41 MB, 617 views)

Last edited by paragsachania : 14th October 2020 at 13:27. Reason: fixing attachment quote
paragsachania is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 13:21   #6625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Not a megathread but here is a mega document, running 30 pages with what all electronics on the offer as part of BBD!!

[ATTACH=Flipkart BBD'20 Electronics Cheat Sheet (1).pdf]2067617[/ATTACH]

Attaching as received on WhatsApp.
Excellent! Thank you! I wish there was one for Amazon
prasathlr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 16:28   #6626
BHPian

Here are the ones for Sports Footwear & Home appliances (Flipkart BBD Sale )(as received on WhatsApp)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BBD'20 Cheat Sheet_ Men's Sports Footwear.pdf (8.76 MB, 416 views)
File Type: pdf TBBD'20 Large Cheat Sheet.pdf (913.6 KB, 345 views)
kap04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 18:49   #6627
BHPian

Wanted to update from personal experience that this website or shopping mart is FAKE.

My wife bought something for the kitchen (a Grater, may be) and asked me to pay via UPI (INR 249/-).

I did and forgot about tracking. 2 weeks passed by and I sent a follow up email. No response, and one more email was sent after 3 days. It's been 8 to 10 days since then.

Today I see that the domain itself has packed up.

The Online Shopping Thread-img20201017wa0016.jpg
Safety is Param is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 19:18   #6628
BANNED

Ordered a book on www.madrasshoppe.com as was not available anywhere else. After a week I contacted them via email but got no response. I did some search on reviews of this website and it seems 200 INR are lost. Stay clear of this website.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th October 2020 at 12:00. Reason: Typo
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 20:37   #6629
BHPian

Hi everyone, does anyone here has any experience in resolving a complaint with Reliance Digital for an online purchase? If yes, please share thoughts on how do I get a simple complaint resolved.

I was delivered a wrong charger brick (10 w instead of 18w that I ordered and paid for) so raised multiple complaints over email, twitter and their FB handles but nothing works. Shared the product and their website images multiple times as requested but all in vain. All I'm getting are standard emails that the complaint in escalated to relevant team. It's been almost 3 weeks that I'm after this. Regret trying Reliance Digital online for the first time and it's already a painful experience. Thankfully it's only a sub 1k INR product but definitely my last purchase from Reliance Digital.
camitesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 22:16   #6630
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Ordered a book on www.madrasshoppe.com as was not available anywhere else. After a week I contacted them via email but got no response. I did some search on reviews of this website and it seems 200 INR are lost. Stay clear of this website.
The reviews were all bad? Otherwise, it might just be a small business and they may all be sick with corvid.

Biggest red light on that site, for me, is no physical contact address. I seldom buy from an unknown site that isn't prepared to give me an address.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th October 2020 at 12:01. Reason: Quoted post edited
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks