Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2021, 19:20   #6796
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Any suggestion on a good place to order Mangoes?
I have never bought the original Alphonso ones.
Was checking out and saw that the price is about 2-3k/dozen

Is this price right?

Are any of these trusted stores?
https://www.devgadmango.com/
https://www.alphonsomangoes.online/

Any other recommendations?
I ordered them last year. Unfortunately, most of them didn’t turn out good. The price shown doesn’t include shipping which will add another 350 to 700 to your cost. These online stores are charging much higher prices. I am also waiting for a few weeks to order hoping for lower prices.
Lobogris is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 12:44   #6797
Distinguished - BHPian

Product substitution fraud! (suspected)

I have heard of this, but never seen it it before.

I bought a mid-range (13k-ish) router from Amazon, intended to buy a second one for a mesh setup after checking it out.

With some trepidation, I ordered a refurbished unit for 11k. It arrived, and, on opening the box, which was labelled correctly, found that it contained a low-range unit, same make, but not even similar design. Not sure, but maybe 3k worth! The difference is crazy amount: nobody would be fooled even at a quick glance.

I immediately requested a return/refund from Amazon. Return was authorised, package collected this morning, and I got immediate refund. So no problems other than inconvenience and... the new price for same router has increased by 2k. My attempt to save 2k has cost me 2k! .

Given the complete difference in the products, I find it hard to believe that this happened by accident. Where and how it happened is Amazon's problem, and I am glad that they did not try to make it my problem by doubting me in any way. It should not have happened, but can't fault Amazon on rectifying, which they did quickly and easily.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 14:55   #6798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Product substitution fraud! (suspected)...

... I am glad that they did not try to make it my problem by doubting me in any way. It should not have happened, but can't fault Amazon on rectifying, which they did quickly and easily.
This refund/ replacement policy of Amazon is what keeps me with them. On other sites it is difficult to handle replacement/ returns. Even broken talcum powder tins were replaced. A grinder was returned twice because of broken in package twice. I have had hassle-free purchases/ returns from them. Only thing to watch for is 'no-returnable' items.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd April 2021 at 16:12. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Old 23rd April 2021, 15:45   #6799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Product substitution fraud! (suspected)

I have heard of this, but never seen it it before.

I bought a mid-range (13k-ish) router from Amazon, intended to buy a second one for a mesh setup after checking it out...
One suggestion is for every item above say 10k, have an unboxing video done. That will be a proof that the delivery itself had a limitation.

I agree on Amazon return policy - it is the best. I had recently ordered a SpiGen case (Rs.1500 MRP) for Rs.500 from a new seller. On opening it was not SpiGen and some local duplicate one not even worth Rs.200. I raised a return request and it was promptly processed and refunded.

For some items, I have started going back to neighborhood stores to avoid surprises !

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd April 2021 at 16:12. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Old 23rd April 2021, 16:30   #6800
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
This refund/ replacement policy of Amazon is what keeps me with them. ... ... ... Only thing to watch for is 'no-returnable' items.
Me too. I have even had a "no returns" item replaced when it was received broken.

Keeping my owl hours, I woke up only just before midday to find messages that my refund had been given. Thus I knew that the return parcel must have been collected early in the morning. My wife was out. Now she is back, and she told me that the guy who came did not just collect the parcel and go, as I expected, but asked what was the problem, opened the package, and examined the contents. Luckily I had given her an overview of the situation. I wish I had seen him, actually: there were details I'd like to have pointed out.

I do trust Amazon to put stuff right. In this kind of instance, there would always be the possibility of customer fraud, and I'm sure it happens. Put some old thing in the box and claim that this was received. Not so easy with a brand-new product in a fancy box, but not so hard with a refurbished item that is not in such a box.

I know I would never do a thing like that, but Amazon only has my purchase history to judge me on: purchases, many, but returns, few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
One suggestion is for every item above say 10k, have an unboxing video done. That will be a proof that the delivery itself had a limitation.
If there is damage to the box, etc, I always photograph the unwrapping sequence. But a video would carry more weight.
Old 23rd April 2021, 17:47   #6801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
This refund/ replacement policy of Amazon is what keeps me with them.
Me too. It is the main reason why I buy things from Amazon even if something is available at a cheaper price elsewhere. Few months back my purchase from Fabindia came as multiple shipments. I have not received one of those and when contacted customer care, the ETA kept moving and after a month I was told the package was delivered after OTP validation! Makes me wonder if I have to stick to cash on delivery whenever available.

Amazon's no-return policy is also interesting. I was delivered wrong items twice through Amazon Pantry. I received a box full of diapers instead of 20kg rice. And wrong brand for 5lt of cooking oil. Both the times they delivered the right products after contacting the customer care and did not have to return the wrong items!

Last edited by papr23 : 23rd April 2021 at 17:49.
papr23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 17:55   #6802
BHPian

Had a similar experience sometime back. I had ordered a 10 piece N95 mask set from Amazon. What I actually got was a 3 piece N95 mask set (it was the same brand and model though).

It was a a bit of a hassle to go through the menu options to select returns and get connected to a real person (I only wish they made it easier for senior citizens and those who are not that comfortable with online shopping platforms) but in about 5 mins the whole thing was sorted out.

Not only did they immediately dispatch the 10 pack N95 mask set but asked me to keep the 3 piece set.
JithinR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 12:48   #6803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
KSMD&MCL (KA Govt Mango Dept) has a website - https://www.karsirimangoes.karnataka.gov.in/. Orders can be placed for different varieties of Mangoes.

One of my friends had shared details of Ratnagiri Mango delivery from Rootfully Yours - https://www.facebook.com/11470701066...4713920659598/. Got a delivery within a week's time. But caveat emptor.
msdivy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th May 2021, 22:13   #6804
BANNED

Is there any alternative to Aliexpress?
Any HongKong based portal that still ships to india?
What about deal extreme and banggood etc?
Old 13th May 2021, 22:23   #6805
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
Is there any alternative to Aliexpress?
Any HongKong based portal that still ships to india?
What about deal extreme and banggood etc?
Try fasttech.
I received a shipment last month through Russian warehouse.
mayankk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2021, 08:32   #6806
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone buy stuff through this wish app? Works? Any feedback?
Old 22nd May 2021, 20:39   #6807
Senior - BHPian

I want to buy Rechargeable Neck Fan. When checked online, came across various Make Neck Fans.
But I am unable to decide which one to go for.

Please guide which one to go for.
Old 23rd May 2021, 02:05   #6808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
I want to buy Rechargeable Neck Fan. When checked online, came across various Make Neck Fans.
But I am unable to decide which one to go for.

Please guide which one to go for.
Hi I bought one last year to keep us cool while cooking during the lockdown. From all the similar models I just picked the one with highest rating in the medium price bracket.
It's still working well almost a year later.

I'm currently eyeing the OPolar neck and beltclip fan. It's pricey at 2k but looks very handy especially the belt clip option that allows you to put it under your shirt and have the wind blowing underneath.
Old 23rd May 2021, 11:24   #6809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Had a similar experience sometime back. I had ordered a 10 piece N95 mask set from Amazon. What I actually got was a 3 piece N95 mask set
Identical experience. Had ordered 3 UCB masks, received 1, box was open and unsealed. Amazon replaced at no cost.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. My 1st preference is Amazon and I'm willing to pay them 20% more than others. Excellent customer service.
Old 23rd May 2021, 12:41   #6810
BHPian

Quote:
I have never bought the original Alphonso ones.
Was checking out and saw that the price is about 2-3k/dozen

Is this price right?

Are any of these trusted stores?
https://www.devgadmango.com/
https://www.alphonsomangoes.online/

Any other recommendations?
Try
https://www.karsirimangoes.karnataka.gov.in/
This is direct from farmers arranged via what looks like a Govt body. Shipping is handled by postal dept. Delivery took a 2-3 days, and for one order took a week+.

Had good experience over a few orders, not a single damaged/spoilt mango. And since they ship unripe/slightly ripe mangoes, we can be assured no chemicals used for ripening.

Must say that the website needs to be sharpened a lot.
whitewing is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks