Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2021, 13:01   #6811
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Any suggestion on a good place to order Mangoes?
Definitely give a try with http://malnadmangoes.com/, I ordered 5kgs of Mallika 10 days back, I received the mangoes in an almost ripe condition 3 days ago, had a couple of mangoes today and must say the taste and quality is excellent. They have put all of the details on their website in a very detailed manner.

Malnad Mangoes offers its products directly from their farm to consumers.

Last edited by FURY_44 : 23rd May 2021 at 13:02.
FURY_44 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 13:19   #6812
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
Definitely give a try with http://malnadmangoes.com/, I ordered 5kgs of Mallika 10 days back, I received the mangoes in an almost ripe condition 3 days ago, had a couple of mangoes today and must say the taste and quality is excellent. They have put all of the details on their website in a very detailed manner.

Malnad Mangoes offers its products directly from their farm to consumers.
Bang on. Been buying from them for years. Sweet guys…literally
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 18:19   #6813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Hi I bought one last year to keep us cool while cooking during the lockdown. From all the similar models I just picked the one with highest rating in the medium price bracket.
It's still working well almost a year later.

I'm currently eyeing the OPolar neck and beltclip fan. It's pricey at 2k but looks very handy especially the belt clip option that allows you to put it under your shirt and have the wind blowing underneath.
Now you increased my confusion even more by suggesting the neck and beltclip fan option.

Which one did you buy last year? Brand, Price?

Sometimes I have to work inside the Panels as shown in below pictures-
The Online Shopping Thread-screenshot_20210523_171506.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-screenshot_20210523_171236_com.android.chrome.jpg

These Panels are used in Electricity Board's Substations inside the Control Room. Most of the times the installation place of these panels is such that there is no free airflow to keep the body heat in control while working inside these panels. I face tremendous body heat problem. While working inside such panels, literally all my clothes get wet due to sweat. That's the reason I am looking for neck band fans or similar to keep my body cool.
The Desk Fans and such cannot be used due to space constraints.

So should I go for
Opolar neck and beltclip one OR

Smartdevil Neck Band Fan
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 01:03   #6814
Senior - BHPian

It was some random "brand" for basically one option of several similar products, the red and black one so it's unlikely to make a difference. It was around 500 bucks or so.

Since you need it for work, I would say get the OPolar one. The neck fan I guess would be a bit distracting I guess since it's in your line of sight and makes a humming noise kind of directly in your ears. The pro is that it's effective, 18650 battery can be replaced and can also kind of be used as a desk fan or hanging fan with some creative bending.
The OPolar one can be used as both neck or belt fan although in neck mode it might swing and bump into stuff. You could also place it on a shelf or get creative with magnets and mount it on metal surfaces of the cabinet
Mortis is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 14:04   #6815
BHPian

Bigbasket high demand and queuing - The Online Shopping Thread

Can't believe Bigbasket has a token system now that puts you in a queue just to place your order (I think it took about 4 days for a message to arrive and let me know I could place my order). I got a token this morning, placed the order, the earliest available slots were Friday! So nearly 5 days to deliver your groceries! 9 days if you count from the day you pick up a token.

Can anyone throw any light on this?
Old 24th May 2021, 14:53   #6816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
There are too many orders i am guessing and too few delivery folks due to lockdown and other restrictions. We need to plan and stock up for minimum 10 days for a few months now. Like last year, we have to use swiggy and dunzo apart from bigbasket. All prices have gone up due to this.
diyguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 15:17   #6817
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bigbasket high demand and queuing - The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Can't believe Bigbasket has a token system now that puts you in a queue just to place your order
Inability to scale their delivery bandwidth when confronted with the massive surge in demand during the lockdown. They are not the only option, see if you can some local small business who will offer less taxing home delivery options.
binand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 16:18   #6818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Inability to scale their delivery bandwidth when confronted with the massive surge in demand during the lockdown. They are not the only option, see if you can some local small business who will offer less taxing home delivery options.
Yes, we've been using the local kirana shop guy, but he doesn't stock everything (or the brands we want) and many of the items are the overpriced brands, like sugar from Parrys etc. No wonder businesses are making a killing while killing the rest of us!
Old 24th May 2021, 18:37   #6819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, we've been using the local kirana shop guy, but he doesn't stock everything (or the brands we want) and many of the items are the overpriced brands, like sugar from Parrys etc. No wonder businesses are making a killing while killing the rest of us!
Just a thought. He must also be going through a tough time in finding stocks from all brands. Many of his suppliers could be hit because of the pandemic/lockdown as well. Making a killing would mean him selling it above MRP.
Old 24th May 2021, 20:11   #6820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Just a thought. He must also be going through a tough time in finding stocks from all brands. Many of his suppliers could be hit because of the pandemic/lockdown as well. Making a killing would mean him selling it above MRP.
Not really. Those are the kinds of items he normally stocks. This is the difference between going to a big competitive chain store or online shop versus the local shops. And by businesses, I meant the likes of Parry's. Though local kirana stores have their own methods of swindling the public. Basically, "approved" businesses are making a lot of money, the rest are being snuffed out gradually. This was the always the case, but the pandemic has accelerated this process.
Old 25th May 2021, 12:46   #6821
BHPian

Does someone have experience of buying an egg boiler such as the ones on amazon or FK?
Need to lose "lockdown weight", hence planning on a moderately protein rich diet

Some on Amazon have manufactured reviews, so looking for a 1st hand experience, if possible.
Old 25th May 2021, 13:08   #6822
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 View Post
Does someone have experience of buying an egg boiler such as the ones on amazon or FK?
Need to lose "lockdown weight", hence planning on a moderately protein rich diet

Some on Amazon have manufactured reviews, so looking for a 1st hand experience, if possible.
I use one in Germany, though its one of those Chinese makes with a German brand name slapped onto it. But it works very well and gets the job done for me. I think most of them are of the same principle where you fill water in a shallow tub and place the eggs on top of it with a tray. I only use them to make fully boiled eggs and dont know how to get the intermediate states.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 13:09   #6823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 View Post

Why do you want to buy an egg boiler when you can boil the eggs in a pan?
AltoLXI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 13:33   #6824
BHPian

The biggest issue with these boilers is that you need to prick the egg with a pin before you put in the container.

I have broken quite a few eggs just while pricking.

And even if you prick it properly and pace it in the boiler out of 6 eggs only 4 will come out well the rest 2 will likely have the yolk leaking out.

I used the boiler for like a month and then returned to using the pan.
anandhsub is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 13:39   #6825
BHPian

Thanks both of you.
As we are vegetarians, we wont be able to use the gas stove to boil eggs without upsetting our elderly parents.

I can always use a egg boiler in my bed room without stepping into the kitchen.
Both me and mrs are protein deficient, hence the urge to purchase a dedicated egg boiler rather use the conventional cooking utensils.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Why do you want to buy an egg boiler when you can boil the eggs in a pan?
Irrelevant to the query asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I use one in Germany, though its one of those Chinese makes with a German brand name slapped onto it. But it works very well and gets the job done for me. I think most of them are of the same principle where you fill water in a shallow tub and place the eggs on top of it with a tray. I only use them to make fully boiled eggs and don't know how to get the intermediate states.
Do you happen to have any links?

Last edited by vb-saan : 25th May 2021 at 13:55. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Thank you!
1985Darkkid85 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks