Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2021, 13:54   #6826
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 View Post
AS we are vegetarians, cannot use conventional cooking utensils without upsetting elderlies.
This is what I have been using https://www.amazon.de/Bomann-EK-5022...c=1&th=1&psc=1

I have been using different brands from the last two years here in Germany(have been in multiple houses). They are all similar and I have never had the issue of cracking or eggs leaking yolk. To prick they usually provide a fixed length pin attached to the measuring cup which makes it easy. I think this is relatively the most complicated part of the process and the rest is not even a big deal. For me boiling in a pan is tedious since I cant time it and with this boiler it finishes the whole thing without supervision.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 17:53   #6827
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Irrelevant to the query asked.
But the question why not just use a pan must have occurred to many of us when we read your post --- and you explained the situation fully and nicely.

I can't help, being a pan user, but I just thought of throwing in the suggestion of a small induction cooker, which could boil eggs and do a lot of other things as well. Just an idea.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 18:42   #6828
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Does someone have experience of buying an egg boiler such as the ones on amazon or FK?
Need to lose "lockdown weight", hence planning on a moderately protein rich diet

Some on Amazon have manufactured reviews, so looking for a 1st hand experience, if possible.
My friend uses a egg boiler from Kent and he is pretty happy with it. Using since the first lockdown happened. His situation was similar to yours
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 19:18   #6829
BHPian

Quote:
Does someone have experience of buying an egg boiler such as the ones on amazon or FK?
Similar situation like yours. Last year ordered a cheap one from flipkart/grofers. Working well till now (it has been used on and off)

No need to prick eggs or anything and with couple of tries you will know water level/ time etc.

Hope it helps
KD007 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 19:23   #6830
Senior - BHPian

So I want to order something domestically, but for some reason, that particular website does not offer shipping to my pincode. Is there a domestic forwarding service that I can use, wherein I can ship from the website to this courier company and then the courier company can forward the same to my address? Is there such a service available?

To clarify, everything is to be done domestically, I am looking to buy from itconline store (https://itcstore.in/) and they do not ship to pincodes I can manage, like (682011, 641023, 641012)

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 25th May 2021 at 20:28. Reason: typos.
Old 26th May 2021, 12:39   #6831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Is there such a service available?
Use this service called "friends"

Just find a friend in a place they deliver to. Get the item delivered to his/her address. Ask them to ship it you via Speed Post. And Speed Post delivers to any pincode - after all Pincodes are for the post office.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 23:45   #6832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Use this service called "friends"

Just find a friend in a place they deliver to. Get the item delivered to his/her address. Ask them to ship it you via Speed Post. And Speed Post delivers to any pincode - after all Pincodes are for the post office.
Yeah, I don't want to expose them to the virus, thus the reason I am looking for a service. Thanks for your suggestion though.
govigov is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2021, 05:34   #6833
BHPian

Quote:
As we are vegetarians, we wont be able to use the gas stove to boil eggs without upsetting our elderly parents.
Reminds of my childhood when my cousin (a teenager) and I made omelette at home and ate, when our grandma was not in house.

When she returned, she could 'smell' it. The pan and the plate were thrown. The gas stove and both of us were a little too expensive to be thrown out. So, she organised a Havan for 'shudhdhikaran' . It was right out of a Gullak (web series) episode. Both of us earned a lot of fame for eating the non veg in our extended family.

On your requirement, I didn't know to boil eggs properly even three months back. I thought a lot but didn't buy any boiler as I wasn't convinced of longevity/reliability. Another option is to try an induction stove in your room and simply learn to hard boil eggs. Induction can be a backup option for the house, in case you ever have any issue with gas/stove.
atnyia is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th May 2021, 11:21   #6834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need to lose "lockdown weight", hence planning on a moderately protein rich diet

Some on Amazon have manufactured reviews, so looking for a 1st hand experience, if possible.
Same boat as yours. I was using product by kent back home. Not too fancy but comes with options for soft, medium or hard boiled option. Works well with no fuss.
Old 27th May 2021, 14:16   #6835
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks both of you.
As we are vegetarians, we wont be able to use the gas stove to boil eggs without upsetting our elderly parents.
If you want, I can help, PM me with your average daily diet, average daily exercise/normal workload and any other details you may want to share, weight loss is easy with a tight regimen and positive outlook, you don't need eggs at all for that, plenty of other sources of vegan/vegetarian protein to be had.

Since the lockdown I've been focusing extremely hard on my diet and calisthenics workout routine, I've gained a lot of strength and muscle that'll even put a lot of meat eaters to shame and without a gym (pure veg diet).

Losing fat and adding amino acids can be done without eggs also, although if you do like eating eggs then that's another matter and you can continue with the same.

Last edited by dark.knight : 27th May 2021 at 14:18.
dark.knight is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th May 2021, 15:56   #6836
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
If you want, I can help, PM me with your average daily diet, average daily exercise/normal workload and any other details you may want to share, weight loss is easy with a tight regimen and positive outlook, you don't need eggs at all for that, plenty of other sources of vegan/vegetarian protein to be had.

Since the lockdown I've been focusing extremely hard on my diet and calisthenics workout routine, I've gained a lot of strength and muscle that'll even put a lot of meat eaters to shame and without a gym (pure veg diet).

Losing fat and adding amino acids can be done without eggs also, although if you do like eating eggs then that's another matter and you can continue with the same.
Maybe start a diet for calisthenics thread? BHP-ian graaja has one going but that is quite exclusively for him with more meat and less vegan/veggie. Throw in your calisthenics and diet regimen there. We can never have enough threads on health and fitness. I am getting right back in after a decade myself. Let’s go!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th May 2021 at 15:59. Reason: Corrected typo in member name reference. Thanks.
Red Liner is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th May 2021, 18:52   #6837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Yeah, I don't want to expose them to the virus, thus the reason I am looking for a service. Thanks for your suggestion though.
In that case, I can do it for you. I just acquired natural immunity for a few days PM me.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2021, 19:16   #6838
BHPian

Quote:
calisthenics workout routine, I've gained a lot of strength and muscle that'll even put a lot of meat eaters to shame and without a gym (pure veg diet).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Maybe start a diet for calisthenics thread?
I absolutely second Red Liner on this. Calisthenics makes more sense to most of us because it trains the chain of muscles which is much more useful in the real world for lifting and pushing. It's more functional in the sense. Gym workouts, typically more focused on isolation, are more focused on bodybuilding.

So, a thread from a practitioner is most welcome.
atnyia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 14:31   #6839
BHPian

Quote:
Please start a thread with the details. It'll help a lot of us.
Avinash_R is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 20:20   #6840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
Definitely give a try with http://malnadmangoes.com/, I ordered 5kgs of Mallika 10 days back, I received the mangoes in an almost ripe condition 3 days ago, had a couple of mangoes today and must say the taste and quality is excellent. They have put all of the details on their website in a very detailed manner.

Malnad Mangoes offers its products directly from their farm to consumers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Bang on. Been buying from them for years. Sweet guys…literally
I ordered from Malnad Mangoes when they started years ago. They had logistical problems in the intervening years and so I stopped buying. After seeing the glowing reviews, I ordered 5kgs of Mallika, but I must admit that I am less than impressed. About 4 mangoes were good (as good as the locally bought ones), a few were passable and the ones we tried today were downright awful. A few were rotten. Dread trying out the rest. So much for "direct from farm"!

Most Viewed