Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2021, 00:21   #6871
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Does Flipkart allow changing shipping address after order is shipped? I see the button to change it but always get an error. I wonder what is the point of showing the button if the feature doesn't work!

Does contacting support help in this case? I need the delivery in a different city.
Old 11th July 2021, 02:16   #6872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Does Flipkart allow changing shipping address after order is shipped?
FK has the worst IT systems and very prone to mistakes if you attempt anything out of the ordinary. I've been the victim of a few of these and am weathering through one such issue now. I would recommend to use their app in the most straightforward way. Cancel the order and make another order. Some other learnings are if a product has free shipping and you need two of it, order it twice instead of one order and two quantity. Do not attempt to cancel an order and then agree to their automated option to not cancel with promise of guaranteed delivery in two days. Just some of my experiences. Have a few more horror stories but it's past 2am

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th July 2021 at 17:38. Reason: Typos
diyguy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 16:21   #6873
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
FK has the worst IT systems...
Simply browsing their site is bad enough and one of the main reasons that I left to become a mostly-Amazon customer.

This business is so much reliant on technology that we often think of them as being technology rather than retail sites. Flipkart really should do better.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th July 2021 at 17:37. Reason: Typo.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 18:05   #6874
BANNED

Quote:
Try DH gate... They ship to India. I have ordered two items last week and both of them are shipped. Hoping that the delivery will go smooth..

Update:
[/b]One of the package is now delivered in Anchorage , When contacted, the seller advised me to apply for a refund. The other two packages are still resting in China Post parcel office since jun11. Even he does not know when it will be delivered due to the COVID situation.
Dont know what to do next...
Old 12th July 2021, 11:01   #6875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
FK has the worst IT systems and very prone to mistakes if you attempt anything out of the ordinary.
Thanks. Will leave the order as is. I agree about FK having the worst IT systems of all ecommerce companies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Simply browsing their site is bad enough and one of the main reasons that I left to become a mostly-Amazon customer
Same here. I last used FK in 2014, if I remember. Only buy from Amazon. But this time, I had a coupon for FK, so was forced into buying from them. Will stick to Amazon
naveenvenkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 11:32   #6876
Senior - BHPian

Flipkart had such a head start. It's mind boggling how terrible they are at the game of which they were once king of.
You don't even have to go deep or haggle with customer care - just try to search an item..that's enough to make you leave.
Search results are so bad its unbelievable. I have never have luck finding anything exact on that god forsaken website. Amazon it is for me.
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 11:45   #6877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Flipkart had such a head start. It's mind boggling how terrible they are at the game of which they were once king of.
You don't even have to go deep or haggle with customer care - just try to search an item..that's enough to make you leave.
Search results are so bad its unbelievable. I have never have luck finding anything exact on that god forsaken website. Amazon it is for me.
Completely agree. The User Interface (UI) at Flipkart is pathetic. Search algorithms are not self-learning. One can go on and on with them. The less said the better. However, it is quite sad to see that Amazon does not have good competition and has become more of a monopoly in India. To date, I have not had a bad experience with Amazon whether it be buying or return/refunds. They have promptly initiated refunds without asking any question

However, it does come with issues with filters. For e.g. I was searching for pair of sports shoes in size 9 and on applying the appropriate filters, I still found shoes of different size creeping in

For clothes, I do prefer Myntra as their search algorithms and filters are brilliant. Also, their service has been quite good
subraiyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 12:12   #6878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post

However, it does come with issues with filters. For e.g. I was searching for pair of sports shoes in size 9 and on applying the appropriate filters, I still found shoes of different size creeping in

For clothes, I do prefer Myntra as their search algorithms and filters are brilliant. Also, their service has been quite good
I have hardly shopped for clothes or accessories since last year and half .
I do need some track pants, t-shirts now though which I have worn to their death recently. Oh the wonders of WFH!

Just to avoid Amazon, I tried AJIO for a an hour and their notifications gave me cancer. Seriously, apps need to slow down on how much bombardment they do. In few years I wouldn't be surprised if Govt brings a DND list for apps too, similar to tele callers.

I'll check Myntra now. Somehow I don't even have account on Myntra. All these years I passed onto them. Thanks for the tip.
amol4184 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 12:40   #6879
Senior - BHPian

Adding on to Myntra, a good option for clothes was nykaafashion. Bought from them a couple of times and experience has been good.
Old 12th July 2021, 12:50   #6880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Anyone has bought shoes from Tata Cliq? Mainly want to know if there are any concerns about fakes and their return policy.
I got the Asics Gel Pulse 12 delivered yesterday. The packing was decent and the shoes seem to be genuine based on the initial checks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
When it comes to shoes, and with amount of replica on sale, I am ordering directly from manufacturer website now, they generally have good discounts (adidas specially), and I have peace of mind.
I too prefer buying directly but in this case, the size was not available on the Ascis online store. I don't get a proper fit with Adidas. I need their half sizes, which are not available in India.
Quote:
I have hardly shopped for clothes or accessories since last year and half .
I do need some track pants, t-shirts now though which I have worn to their death recently. Oh the wonders of WFH!
Like AtheK said above, most brands have their own sites now. I buy from a third party only if the same item is not available with the manufacturer.
Old 13th July 2021, 13:29   #6881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not electronics but have ordered tools (good selection btw) that were unavailable elsewhere online. Great prices really.
Free but very slow shipping. It could also be because of pandemic lock downs. If I'm not in a hurry I'll definitely order again from them.
Quoting myself because I want to give update on Moglix shipping. Few items ordered on 8th July have been delivered as of today.

I consider that as a pretty good turn around time considering the shipping was free.

Also, neatly packed without wasting space like what Amazon does.

This was again a tool, at a price I couldn't refuse.

The Online Shopping Thread-20210713_132133.jpg
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 15:24   #6882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Does Flipkart allow changing shipping address after order is shipped? I see the button to change it but always get an error. I wonder what is the point of showing the button if the feature doesn't work!

Does contacting support help in this case? I need the delivery in a different city.
I faced a similar issue when had ordered a table from FK. I wanted to change the name on the invoice and even after many attempts threats and escalations, i had to let it go. I received the package then cancelled the order and re booked it in a different name. Really exasperating experience. Never try anything out of the ordinary as mentioned by some of fellow bhpians
chetancm7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 22:35   #6883
BHPian

The FK package was delivered today, 2 days ahead of scheduled. Happy with the delivery. Now i have asked my wife courier it to me in the different city.
Old 14th July 2021, 12:15   #6884
anb
BHPian

Pathetic Delivery Experience from Flipkart

I have ordered 1 L engine oil for the top up as the oil level of my car is about to reach minimum level. As the oil is not available in local shops, I placed an order on 8th July and the product reached my place on 10th July 9 am. The delivery date was on 11th and product was never delivered. The E Kart office is just 2 km from my place and they are still not able to deliver even after 100 hours. I called the number (04846171111) of delivery boy. He was very rude and is speaking as if he is giving something for free from his own belongings. I registered a complaint in Flipkart customer service 2 days ago and they are equally incompetent as the delivery team.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-whatsapp-image-20210714-11.56.22-am.jpeg  

anb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 12:33   #6885
BHPian

Re: Pathetic Delivery Experience from Flipkart

I too have faced such issues but not with FK or AZ. I have faced such issues predominantly with public sector banks esp SBI. Horrendous is what I always felt.
livelyyoungman is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks