Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2021, 03:23   #6931
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

When you buy something you end up liking so much you eventually wish you'd bought two!

This is the case with my small Nitecore SRT3 torch, and the model is discontinued now. It is available from Lightorati. I didn't have any luck with their site at all: I completely failed to register/login on two browsers, and their contact-us link doesn't seem to work.

Forgot about all that for a few weeks, and revisited it this week. Now I find their Whatsapp link doesn't work either. So, not doing too well for me on the online shopping front.

I tried their main number on Whatsapp. Initially it was answered by a machine, but I soon got a real human on the line, who was friendly and helpful. I made a bank transfer and my torch was delivered the next day.

I guess their site must work for others! Anyway, final result is that they get good marks from me for customer service.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 04:40   #6932
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
When you buy something you end up liking so much you eventually wish you'd bought two!
When you learn a lesson the expensive way!

I used to frequent audio forums, and can't say I am completely ignorant of the very high rates of duty if buying stuff from abroad. I took a fancy to an item on Indigogo: a combination of hearing aid and ear bud, cost about US200. NB, my actually hearing aids are 1 lakh for the pair, and they are actually cheaper here than in some other countries.

The fact that it will be delivered through DHL didn't bode well. They handle the hassle of customs, but do so scrupulously, and, unlike post, nothing gets lucky and gets through.

I guess the shippers must have under-declared. Anyway, customs are suspicious and DHL ask me to provide documentation. And I get a bill for over Rs.14k. On top of the Rs.17k-converted of the original purchase.

They are yet to be delivered: let's hope they are worth it!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 14:44   #6933
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
They are yet to be delivered: let's hope they are worth it!
They have been delivered, but yet to be tried.

On this occasion, I have to praise DHL! It isn't their fault that the duty had to be paid, that's the relationship they have with customs, and there is no space for negotiation. They make it easy to pay online, albeit with some fee added. There was no trouble with silly KYC objections. I paid the tax: delivery was next day.

Courier called this morning. Was able to speak to me in English (shame admitted, not learning Tamil) and said, he knew the landmark and would be here in 30 minutes. He was.

So no DHhelL this time
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 10:09   #6934
BHPian

Pardon me if this isn't the thread for this, but...

I have placed an order for a Motorola Edge 20 and have offered my Oneplus 7 in exchange for Rs. 12750. I checked cashify and they are offering Rs 3000 more, but the trouble is they don't service my pincode. But I can drive 10 minutes to a pincode they do service.

Before signing up for so much trouble for 3K, does cashify usually pay the promised amount, or would there be haggling?

How is the general experience with cashify here?
Old 8th September 2021, 10:51   #6935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Before signing up for so much trouble for 3K, does cashify usually pay the promised amount, or would there be haggling?
I sold my moto 3G to cashify about 3 years ago. It was in pristine condition but the guy who came told me there were problems with the screen ( there weren't any ) and he would pay less. He was pressing the screen to an extent that I thought it would crack. I refused to settle for less and he finally paid the amount promised. He didn't have cash on him and visited an ATM and came back - that took time time.

Not a hassle free experience overall.
sdp1975 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 11:01   #6936
BHPian

Quote:

I have placed an order for a Motorola Edge 20
When was the last sale, may be I missed it. Do you know when is the next one?
Old 8th September 2021, 12:33   #6937

Quote:
Pardon me if this isn't the thread for this, but...

I have placed an order for a Motorola Edge 20 and have offered my Oneplus 7 in exchange for Rs. 12750. I checked cashify and they are offering Rs 3000 more, but the trouble is they don't service my pincode. But I can drive 10 minutes to a pincode they do service.

How is the general experience with cashify here?

I can answer this question since I sold my OnePlus 7 to cashify for around 17k. The person will check the device thoroughly so I would advise you to clean your phone from the outside if you are using a case as they treat some dust marks as scratches. That's the only thing that involves haggling otherwise it's a smooth experience as you are getting the money in your bank account if you've chosen the bank transfer option.
sayyam.gaur58 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 19:10   #6938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I sold my moto 3G to cashify about 3 years ago. It was in pristine condition but the guy who came told me there were problems with the screen ( there weren't any ) and he would pay less. He was pressing the screen to an extent that I thought it would crack. I refused to settle for less and he finally paid the amount promised. He didn't have cash on him and visited an ATM and came back - that took time time.

Not a hassle free experience overall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayyam.gaur58 View Post
I can answer this question since I sold my OnePlus 7 to cashify for around 17k. The person will check the device thoroughly so I would advise you to clean your phone from the outside if you are using a case as they treat some dust marks as scratches. That's the only thing that involves haggling otherwise it's a smooth experience as you are getting the money in your bank account if you've chosen the bank transfer option.
Thanks guys. Yes, they do bank transfer or Amazon/Flipkart voucher or UPI. Sounds neat. Plus I can get the new phone, transfer all data to it and then sell it to cashify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
When was the last sale, may be I missed it. Do you know when is the next one?
It was on July 24th. It was a pre-order and it is supposed to ship tomorrow. Fingers crossed. No news on the next sale date.

Last edited by civic-sense : 8th September 2021 at 19:12.
Old 9th September 2021, 18:05   #6939
BHPian

Any place where i can exchange / sell my inkjet printer. It's in 5 years extended warranty and in good condition but tired of buying both Ink cartridges at 1500 & burn hole in my pocket each time. The printer itself was bought for 4 k :( .

I intend to upgrade to a ink tank One. if i can exchange that would be nice. spoke to HP & they do not offer any such service.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 9th September 2021 at 18:09.
.sushilkumar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 20:10   #6940
BHPian

Has anyone bought a OnePlus phone from their official site? Are they reliable in delivery?
The Nord 2 8 GB is out of stock on Amazon, so thinking of getting it from here.
Old 9th September 2021, 20:21   #6941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan nhu mare? View Post
Has anyone bought a OnePlus phone from their official site? Are they reliable in delivery?
The Nord 2 8 GB is out of stock on Amazon, so thinking of getting it from here.
I had bought a Type-C to aux connector from their official app, the oneplus store. It was delivered on time.
Old 9th September 2021, 22:50   #6942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan nhu mare? View Post
Bought OnePlus 9 for my friend in Delhi few weeks back through the official site. Received it in less than 3 days, no issues faced!

It reminds me of CashKaro app, I'm not sure how legit it is or if anybody has used it before. I logged in to CashKaro app and then made the purchase through the OnePlus link . The apps shows a cashback of ₹1.5k tracked and says it is transferable to bank account once the transaction window is complete. Let's see if it comes or not!
Old 9th September 2021, 23:14   #6943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
It reminds me of CashKaro app, I'm not sure how legit it is or if anybody has used it before. I logged in to CashKaro app and then made the purchase through the OnePlus link . The apps shows a cashback of ₹1.5k tracked and says it is transferable to bank account once the transaction window is complete. Let's see if it comes or not!
It is legit and I've used it for many years. The cashback indeed can be sent to bank or claimed as voucher.
digitalnirvana is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 00:05   #6944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Any place where i can exchange / sell my inkjet printer. It's in 5 years extended warranty and in good condition but tired of buying both Ink cartridges at 1500 & burn hole in my pocket each time. The printer itself was bought for 4 k :( .
There are kits available on Amazon (and the like. Aliexpress would have been your best best but that is out now) that give you a jugaad way to convert your normal inkjet printer into an ink tank like setup.

Example (Please note it's not a recommendation. I am not sure which seller sells a decent model of this kit on Amazon)

You can try this setup if you'd like. You can then use generic ink to save on the recurring cost.
JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 09:26   #6945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Any place where i can exchange / sell my inkjet printer. It's in 5 years extended warranty and in good condition but tired of buying both Ink cartridges at 1500 & burn hole in my pocket each time. The printer itself was bought for 4 k :( . I intend to upgrade to a ink tank One. if i can exchange that would be nice. spoke to HP & they do not offer any such service.
Would suggest you to find a near by refiller - for our Canon it costs around 250 for a b/w refill. Though haven't got a page count on how many prints it lasts, roughly lasts pretty much the same as an original, and no loss in quality either.
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks