Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2021, 17:21   #6976
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWays View Post
Came across this practice with Amazon, that really dented my ‘trust’. Not that I treated Amazon as a super reliable platform, but this one practice I thought, is crooked.

Amazon calls it “lightening deals” that go online for few hours. On more than one occasion I have found “lightening deals” prices are (sometimes significantly) higher than the regular price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh42 View Post
Yes. Amazon is notorious for doing this. Once I found there was only Re. 1 difference between regular price and "exclusive deal for prime members".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Any offers on Amazon should be taken with a large pinch of salt. I'm sure there are many other countries in which their pricing would be illegal.

Only thing is, we regular shoppers know all this, and take it into account. Sometimes, though, we forget and make impulse buys.
Can confirm Amazon sale prices are more often than not a complete bs. Incidentally I had a Black&Decker pressure washer in my cart for last few weeks. I have that habit for products that are a "want" and not a need. That washer was on sale yesterday, and guess what? With all the discounts it came to same price as before.

And yes, even knowing that I bit the bullet on the fake 'sale' price.

I was going haywire and almost traded in my perfectly working Galaxy S10 too but wife put some sense in me.
That's another thing that I never understood - for almost all mobiles I was getting a measly 5-6k for my S10 but this one, the Mi 11X gave me close to 13k for same So tempting but a huge 200gm beast with mediocre camera (per reviews) + wife halted my plans. Thank god.
amol4184 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 17:05   #6977
Senior - BHPian

My pressure washer and few other things they pushed down my throat from Amazon are here. That's flat two days since the order and I'm not even on Prime.

It's just crazy how fast they are delivering stuff during this sale.
amol4184 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 20:11   #6978
BHPian

I use Keepa plugin and App to track prices on Amazon.in, you can set price alerts on email and sync it with their Telegram bot, which will give you notification whenever the prices hit the limit you have set. This is really useful when buying during Sale offers from Amazon.

The Online Shopping Thread-keepa.jpg
motorpsycho is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 23:20   #6979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
My pressure washer and few other things they pushed down my throat from Amazon are here. That's flat two days since the order and I'm not even on Prime.

It's just crazy how fast they are delivering stuff during this sale.
Same story here. During earlier year sales, shipping used to be slow. And it gave us time to re-evaluate our impulse buys. I guess they know that, and hence gets it to you before you can make up your mind. Once at your doorstep you are unlikely to refuse.
civic-sense is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 23:28   #6980
Senior - BHPian

Flipkart has this new malpractice or “bug” in their system.

So I had ordered a product using their 1 INR pre-book option, and made full payment next day when payment was opened.

Now, I was asked to pay again during delivery since FK showed this as a POD order. Since delivery person has no say here, made the payment and collected the item.

Now when I contacted customer care, they seem to act as if they don’t understand the problem. Then they asked me to blindly wait 24 hours and call back. Said nothing doing and to either refund asap or provide a reference number recording the request.

So that was done. Just few minutes ago, that ticket was closed labelling it as some kind of delivery person issue.

Seriously, bunch of jokers at FK. Amazon customer care is no comparison.
DRIV3R is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 23:46   #6981
Team-BHP Support

The much-maligned meme 'Flipkart and Amazon sales are here. To avail best discounts, UNINSTALL both apps!' hits a bit too close to the truth to be funny.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 06:47   #6982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
The much-maligned meme 'Flipkart and Amazon sales are here. To avail best discounts, UNINSTALL both apps!' hits a bit too close to the truth to be funny.
Have done that - no shopping apps on any of my devices. As an additional barrier, I always log out of sites while using via browsers. Gives me a decent window to rethink my purchase before plonking the ₹.

An additional perk is that with more space, the phones and the tabs have gained back some speed and fluidity.

Lighter remains the phone (internals), heavier shall be the purse .
dailydriver is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 08:27   #6983
BHPian

I had ordered a Dyson vacuum when amazon had an offer where they were giving a free dock. And they didn't send the dock. And i called amazon support and they agreed to send me a replacement which would be the product plus the dock. I got the replacement yesterday and i had a feeling they are again going to mess it up. So i opened the package in front of the delivery guy and they send me again another vacuum cleaner without the dock. Now all they can do is issue a refund. And i don't want a refund as i cant get that product at that offer at the moment.
kap04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 16:20   #6984
Senior - BHPian

For a change I preferred Flipkart over Amazon during the current Sale which is on. This is because I have the Flipkart Axis Bank Card and using this Card, they are literally giving 15% OFF.

10% Instant Cashback and for the remaining amount they give 5% Unlimited Cashback. Hope Amazon learns soon and offers a similar scheme with the Amazon Pay ICICI Card.
Old 8th October 2021, 10:17   #6985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
I had ordered a Dyson vacuum when amazon had an offer where they were giving a free dock. And they didn't send the dock. And i called amazon support and they agreed to send me a replacement which would be the product plus the dock. I got the replacement yesterday and i had a feeling they are again going to mess it up. So i opened the package in front of the delivery guy and they send me again another vacuum cleaner without the dock. Now all they can do is issue a refund. And i don't want a refund as i cant get that product at that offer at the moment.
Missed this the last time I was on this thread. Usually Amazon does not miss these kind of things. I had planned to buy the Dyson V11 during this sale and it went out of stock on the first day of the sale itself on Amazon, Flipkart and Dyson website. The Floor Dock offer was very much there this round as well.

I vaguely did a google search and landed on Reliance Digital and Croma where the stock seemed to be present. Reliance Digital informed at time of check out that it is out of stock

Finally gave Croma a shot and managed to check out with addl. instant discount of ₹2000 using Citibank Card and got the Dyson V11 (2021 Model with Swappable Battery) at ₹42,900 including the free floor dock offer. The main Dyson unit was delivered from within Bangalore itself yesterday and they have said the Dock would be shipped from Hyderabad and is in transit - they have provided a tracking number for it.

The Online Shopping Thread-dyson_croma.png

So the Floor Dock offer is still on but the main product itself is low on stock. I would recommend checking once with Croma...not sure if the stock is still there. This was my first online shopping experience with Croma.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 8th October 2021 at 10:28.
Old 8th October 2021, 14:32   #6986
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
10% Instant Cashback and for the remaining amount they give 5% Unlimited Cashback.
You could have got additional 5% cashback by going through https://grabdeals.axisbank.com/home. If you go on flipkart via this site, there's an extra 5% cashback. Did a transaction recently and apart from the normal 5% cb message got another 5% message about grabdeals cash back. Sadly offer valid only 10th Oct.
Old 8th October 2021, 14:50   #6987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For a change I preferred Flipkart over Amazon during the current Sale which is on. This is because I have the Flipkart Axis Bank Card and using this Card, they are literally giving 15% OFF.

10% Instant Cashback and for the remaining amount they give 5% Unlimited Cashback
Are you sure of this? I bought a phone for ~52000 INR which included 3k axis flipkart card discount. But after the purchase didn't get the usual 'You are eligible for 5% cashback' sms. Even I had seen the ad stating 10%+5%, but not sure if that's actually applicable for electronic item purchases. For all other purchases I got the sms(eligible for 5% cashback) separately except for the phone purchase.

Last edited by SoumenD : 8th October 2021 at 14:53.
Old 8th October 2021, 14:57   #6988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Are you sure of this? I bought a phone for ~52000 INR which included 3k axis flipkart card discount. But after the purchase didn't get the usual 'You are eligible for 5% cashback' sms. Even I had seen the ad stating 10%+5%, but not sure if that's actually applicable for electronic item purchases. For all other purchases I got the sms(eligible for 5% cashback) separately except for the phone purchase.
Here is a screenshot of a Mobile Order:
The Online Shopping Thread-flipkart.png

It clearly says that the 5% Unlimited Cashback would be adjusted in December Statement. This is in addition to the Instant Discounts.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 8th October 2021 at 14:59.
Old 8th October 2021, 15:31   #6989
BHPian

I wanted to order one half face Vega helmet and the Amazon Great Indian festival price was Rs 834. Checked keepa and price history websites and the price before the Great Indian festival was Rs 785.

This whole Great Indian festival thing is a joke
pandey.jai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 16:59   #6990
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I had planned to buy the Dyson V11
Aside...

about 20 years ago, I bought an entry-level Dyson, in England, for around (what would be at today's rates) Rs10,000. Was it worth it? Yes, I think it was, particularly as their technology was way ahead at the time. Would I pay four times that, today, for any vacuum cleaner? Absolutely not. I do not think Dyson can possibly be worth it.

But no, I know you didn't ask... and, if it's your choice, enjoy!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks