Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2021, 00:04   #7006
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Has anyone received their products ordered on Flipkart Big Billion Days or Amazon Great Indian Festival? I ordered a phone on Flipkart on 3rd Oct and it showed delivery on 14th Oct. Today it shows that package will ship on 12th Oct.
Also ordered accessories on Amazon on 6th Oct, delivery showing as 23rd Oct! Anyone else seeing such long lead times?
Old 9th October 2021, 09:45   #7007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan nhu mare? View Post
Has anyone received their products ordered on Flipkart Big Billion Days or Amazon Great Indian Festival? I ordered a phone on Flipkart on 3rd Oct and it showed delivery on 14th Oct. Today it shows that package will ship on 12th Oct.
Also ordered accessories on Amazon on 6th Oct, delivery showing as 23rd Oct! Anyone else seeing such long lead times?
Ordered phone on 2nd oct(BBD for plus members) , which was delivered same evening. But next day ordered phone cover(delivered on 7th) and a pair of flip-flops which is still on its way

Last edited by SoumenD : 9th October 2021 at 09:46.
Old 9th October 2021, 10:32   #7008
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan nhu mare? View Post
I ordered stuff from both. A Phone from FK and some clothing from Amazon. Phone was delivered in two days from order and Amazon has delivered around 70% of my order at its usual speed mostly. Only a couple of stuff were shipped late (woman’s dress lineup) than usual standards of Amazon. So, in my experience, it is not as chaotic as it was a few years ago.
Old 13th October 2021, 19:23   #7009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
How is www.banggood.in for online shopping? I am not so sure about the website because before ordering it asked for my PAN Card Number. None of the other sites have ever asked for it.
It is a reputable and well established site. I have bought several items from them including expensive items. No issues at all. In fact I purchased a vacuum cleaner from them for around 20k and they had advertised that it would include customs charges. When it arrived, the local post office charged me around 4 or 6k for customs. I chatted with Bangood, uploaded the receipt and they instantly refunded me the amount without any fuss. They didn't ask for PAN at that time because it is a recent requirement.
Lobogris is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 11:38   #7010
Senior - BHPian

Is there any sale coming up like BBD? Need to buy some electronic stuff, so was wondering if there’s something coming up for Christmas/New year?

BBD had excellent deals, do we have any other such sale during the year?
Old 18th December 2021, 12:02   #7011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Is there any sale coming up like BBD? Need to buy some electronic stuff, so was wondering if there’s something coming up for Christmas/New year?
Flipkart has a Big Saving Days sale on-going till 21st December 2021.
Old 20th December 2021, 14:30   #7012
BHPian

At last my trusty Garmin Nuvi 215 gave up the ghost - its battery died out. I can't source the battery. It appears that PND are not made anymore. Problem is I hate Google Maps and its silly accented 'go to Kashmire Kanyakumary Mathandam Road' sort of navigational voice commands or the non existent routing on the screen.
I can see Garmin devices still being sold in Amazon US. Has anyone tried any PND devices as good as Garmin ?
My Garmin lasted nearly 14 years.
Prowler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 14:46   #7013
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
At last my trusty Garmin Nuvi 215 gave up the ghost - its battery died out. I can't source the battery. It appears that PND are not made anymore. .
See if the below link ships to India

https://newpower99.com/products/garm...eplacement-kit
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 09:41   #7014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
See if the below link ships to India
Thanks for the link. But they don't ship outside of the US or Canada. In Amazon US site they still have Garmin PNDs which appear to take your vehicle size into consideration in their navigational algo so that they will tell you if you are in a truck with 1.5 meter height and there is an over bridge with a height restriction of less than 1 meter.
Problem with Google map is they don't take your vehicle size into consideration when they route you - resulting often in a narrow road fit only for 2 wheelers.

Last edited by Prowler : 21st December 2021 at 09:46. Reason: Added additional message
Old 21st December 2021, 09:50   #7015
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the link. But they don't ship outside of the US or Canada.
Try contacting over mail. I have experienced with some websites where even though they ship only in US, they obliged for shipping to India at a higher cost.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 11:29   #7016
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But they don't ship outside of the US or Canada. In Amazon US site they still have Garmin PNDs
You can use package forwarding services, which will receive the package and ship it to India. I have used myus.com a couple of times and found them to be reliable.
Old 21st December 2021, 12:38   #7017
BHPian

I had a very unpleasent experience dealing with Myntra.com recently. I had ordered a pair of Royal Enfield riding jeans which cost Rs 4000 and paid through UPI. When the order arrived a couple of days later, the package felt suspiciously light. On opening, the package contained a white Womens shirt.

I immediately ran down to let the delivery personnel know but he had left by then. On contacting Myntra's help center through their app, I was told not to place a return or replace request and that the incident would be investigated. 2 days later, they close the request stating they found nothing suspicious on their end. The next two days involved me trying to let them know that there had been a mix up in the orders and that I wasnt trying to defraud them. I reached out to them via their social media profiles but received a generic "We apologize for the inconvinience and the situation will be investigated response." What I found interesting was the comment section of their posts on instagram was full of people who had a similar interest and received no resolution from Myntra.

I then received a call from a Case Manager who acknowledged that there seemed to have been a mix up and that it will be investigated and I was requested to give them a week's time to investigate. Surprise surprise, the end result was the same "No mistake from our end, the seller who sells the Royal Enfield jeans doesnt stock womens shirts."

For my mental sanity, I deleted the app and chose to let go of the matter after giving the case manager a piece of my mind. This whole ordeal left a bad taste in my mouth. I have been a loyal customer of Myntra since the early days and this whole experience has me shunning their services now and in the future.

A few things I could have done to negate this situation

1. Opt for Cash on Delivery and open the package in front of the delivery agent while video taping the interaction
2. Choose to shop at an offline store or an online store which gurantees customer protection.
2legit2quit is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 12:55   #7018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit View Post

A few things I could have done to negate this situation

1. Opt for Cash on Delivery and open the package in front of the delivery agent while video taping the interaction
2. Choose to shop at an offline store or an online store which gurantees customer protection.
I had a very similar experience with Myntra a couple of months ago. I had to open a dozen tickets on the app to complete the return process for a product. It was totally Myntra’s fault as I received a completely different item from the one I ordered. But Myntra made it look like as if I was getting some favor from them.

Also I think COD won’t work either as I believe the package can be opened only after the full payment is made. If there is an option of “Try ant buy”, it might work.

While I was happily making dozens of purchases on Myntra in the past, I have started limiting my purchases lately after the ordeal.
ece2k2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 13:59   #7019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
I had a very similar experience with Myntra a couple of months ago. I had to open a dozen tickets on the app to complete the return process for a product.
I'm sorry you had to go through this ordeal. Did you end up pursuing the matter or did you drop it?
Old 21st December 2021, 14:49   #7020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit View Post
I'm sorry you had to go through this ordeal. Did you end up pursuing the matter or did you drop it?
I persisted until I got my money back. While the product value was less than Rs.1000, I didn’t want to give up.
ece2k2 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed